Jolene's thread!

OMFG. She was great!

I went up, and asked for a posed photo, i missed the sign saying no posed photos, and they pointed it out. What did she do? Gimme a quick hug. :D

She rules!!

And she put a love heart on my pic (Go on... spoil it for me... she put one on everybody's didn't she!!!)

:lol:

I'm afraid she did :D

I'm going to meet her again in five days now ! I wonder if she will recognize me ? :lol:

Edited by lams9999

I had a pretty low number ticket for her yesterday (160s) but decided to hold off on meeting her and it looks like I left it too long as I assumed the no personalisation/no photos policy was for all day but if I had gone and met her as soon as my ticket was up I could have got at least a personalisation and maybe a photo, oh well you live and learn, just wish they would either enforce the restrictions from the start or remove them.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

She seem a lovely lady to me, but the crew member next to her seemed to be bossing her about a bit, maybe im wrong but i recorded the signing and she says, "sign there, now sign here", then my friend said would it be possible for a photo, and yes we were aware that there was a sign with the answer to that question but he though it was worth asking, and we got a snappy response "NO, its not allowed", then as I was getting my items signed, my friend took a picture of Anthony Head and got screamed at by a different crew member, apart from that the rest of the day was great and all the rest of the crew i spoke to were very very helpful. as i do generally speak to each crew member at each guest.

Yep, the crew members with Jolene were by far the less nice ones : some of my friends had no money to collect her autograph but were glad to join me and see Jolene from quite close. And with the other guests, they were taking pics of me and the guests. But in that queue, they were asked to move away and the crew member took my camera and a picture of Jolene (and hopefully me?). I just hope the picture was not missed ! :D

Well I got told I was lovely.

And she put a love heart on my pic (Go on... spoil it for me... she put one on everybody's didn't she!!!)

Adam

www.adam-smith.co.uk

:D ....she did for me too!

But you never have to beleive it. ;)

I neither have a personalisation nor a heart. :(

Perhaps I should not have said: "Thank you for being so open about the show." :D

I was lucky, I got 2 personalisations and a kind of posed pic, even though the sign said you couldn't!!, and yes, sadly everyone got a heart... Oh well!..

I did notice that even though I didn't have any problems as such, her crew members were pretty strictish, but I thought it was more to do with trying to get everyone through. I was chatting to one and she seemed alright to me..!

I'm sorry to hear that Jolene wasn't doing personalisations on sunday. I was luckly enough to be her Guest Assistant on Saturday and she was doing personal messages/names to anyone who asked and tried to have at least a few words with everyone who came through her queue.

Oh, and boys - she's really lovely, quite funny and very friendly :wub::rolleyes:

I saw Jolene on Saturday, and she personalised two of my pictures, she even drew little hearts and flowers on them and my Enterprise boxset. She would have personlised the other 4 photos I had, but they were for friends unable to make the journey. She was lovely and seemed really friendly- not that I had that much time to talk to her, but we exchanged a few words and she has a wonderful laugh.

I would have liked to have got a posed photo, but can't complain. I must say a great big thank you, to the young lady crew member who took my picture with Jolene - she managed to take two wonderful photos.

This my first event, and I had a wonderful time - even if I did have to get up a 4am!! :unsure:

Regards,

Barry.

Edited by BarryDon

OMFG. She was great!

I went up, and asked for a posed photo, i missed the sign saying no posed photos, and they pointed it out. What did she do? Gimme a quick hug. :unsure:

She rules!!

Well done mate!

but like sah said you're adorable! - who wouldn't want to give you a hug!!! cool to meet you over the weekend!

OMFG. She was great!

I went up, and asked for a posed photo, i missed the sign saying no posed photos, and they pointed it out. What did she do? Gimme a quick hug.  ;)

She rules!!

Well done mate!

but like sah said you're adorable! - who wouldn't want to give you a hug!!! cool to meet you over the weekend!

:lol::P

Good to meet you too. :wub:

I saw her on the Saturday and got a personalised pic and a posed photo.. Jolene was terrific,. albeit appeared a little nervous and unsure of herself. She seemed genuinely happy to meet people.

I know there was a sign saying no posed photos but I had my partner with me with a camera and it took no more than two seconds to do and I did pay £80 for 4 autos. For me the posed pic is far more precious than the sigs (apart from the personalised one) which I can get from any dealer..

A great big thank you to Yvie who said was the personal assistant on the Saturday for not being a total 'jobsworth' .. You made my day for not intervening and seeing a bit of sense....

By the way, Jolene was my sole purpose for attending (although i did meet other guests)

A great big thank you to Yvie who said was the personal assistant on the Saturday for not being a total 'jobsworth' .. You made my day for not intervening and seeing a bit of sense....

Thanks very much! I'm really pleased that your (albeit relatively brief) time with Jolene made you happy.

I think it was only her second signing and the last one had been a bit stressful for her, she was a little nervous. Did you get Dragonmate put on your autograph? I think it may have been on a poster. Someone definitely asked for something similar...

No I didnt get dragonmate put on (but curious that someone did!!)

I asked Jolene about her artistic talents and she said that she wasn't ready to put her artwork on show yet.. She also said that Scott Bakula was not an impossibility, just he has some young kids at the moment.

Thank you again..

I've said this in another post, but seeing as it's relevant to Jolene's queue.

I was only there for a short time on Saturday. The only problem I had was that I was amongst the first lot (well within the first 30) in the queue for Jolene that morning. 2 crew members started to give the tickets out using 2 different ticket books. When I got mine it was number 213! How could it be that high when I was amongst the first ones? She assured me that they weren't starting from low numbers so I though it was ok. However when we were called up they started from 50 like they usually do.

However in their defense when I said that to them they let me go through as her queue was still small.

Perhaps SM need to tell the ticket people not to do this next time though, or they may have angry customers.

Had a great time meeting her though. B)

I had this experience with another guest.. There were three in my party and when we got tickets for one guest, one of the 3 tickets was over 100 different to the other two!!!!!

The crew mwmber had changed from one wad of tickets to another and I queried it if they had handed out tickets from the wrong end or not as they weren;t in sequence.. (these tickets were in a loose bundle and not torn out of a book)