CSI forum meet up

surfy_sah

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...haven't settled on a time for the SAT DAY meet yet as am waiting for SM to confirm TALKS - I for one def want to see th SG and HP talks as I'm sure a few others will  :headscratch: ...

Luv sah xx ...

914178[/snapback]

details of talks are now up on the GMEX board and are as follows:

SATURDAY

12:00-12:30 - STAR WARS ORIGINAL TRILOGY - Dave Prowse and Kenny Baker

12:40-13:10 - ANIME PANEL

13:20-13:50 - RED DWARF - Danny John Jules and Robert Llewellyn

14:00-14:30 - JOHN RHYS DAVIES

14:40-15:10 - BRENT SPINER

15:20-15:50 - HARRY POTTER TALK 1 - Stanislav Ianevski, Tolga Safer and Matthew Lewis

16:00-16:30 - SHANKS & JUDGE STARGATE

16:50 onwards - COSPLAY Parade

no official word yet about fans in the HP talk wishing to attend the SG1 - ie will the talk be emptied or will people be allowed to stay in there seats :help: either way it's not fair really as people will be queueing ^_^ but there we have it! yey! :P

for me personally, knowing that several of us would want to be in both the HP and SG1 talks, I would say when the talks start is a good time to meet up as alot of people will be in the talks so it might make some space for us to gather in and easier if people want to go round the stalls to point out CSI merchandise or buy food/drinks etc as it should be less busy

the only flaw with that plan is that I know Gebes is a Star Wars fan an that both Caz (aka Tippin) and Rach (aka Smaug) like anime ;)

so, what are your thoughts peeps?

Luv sah xx

DONT LEAVE ME ON MY OWN! *cries her little heart out*

I say a meet in the morning. It's the only way to go.

BUT

Right, do I have to buy tickets in advance for these talks?!?!?!?! I'm so out of touch it's redic.

Caz, didn't know you liked anime, you gonna go to the talk? Wanna go "together"?

I'm thinking about the SG-1 talk and the Brent one. Saw him at C8 and he was great.

No idea what time is good for a meet. Maybe we could all sit down at lunch and eat together?

917019[/snapback]

:angel:

As long as I can trust everyone to be sensible. Because at the last CM I found I myself flung back into my old job role of a nursery nurse. You mess about while at the dinner table in a public place and I WILL tell you to shut up and sit down.

Please, there is nothing worse than having to look after people (some OLDER than me) because it means I can't enjoy myself!!

so I presume you wanna go to the anime thing then Rach? :(

well that starts at like 1230 so we could meet around 1130?? personally I think that might be a bit early if people wanna get autos and settle into GMEX, find their way around :D

but, hey, we can all meet and hang out at different times during the day n stuff yey :angel:

Luv sah xx

edit: MY 5000th POST!!! heeeeeeeeeeee! and I didn't even realise :(

Edited by surfy_sah

As Sah has mentioned for which I say Thanks and Hello, I am a Star Wars fan but have met and listened to both Dave and Kenny before, had a long chat with Dave Prowse at another event, and sat in on the talk there.

Thanks for remembering though Sah!! and congrats on 5000th post!!

I am intending to go to the SG and HP talks, so I would certainly be up for meeting somewhere in the morning. Or we could arrange to meet after the Anime talk somewhere where we could all get a bite to eat( saving seats for those coming from the anime talk!!) Unless that is anyone here wishes to go to the Red Dwarf talk?

Just my 2 pence worth though, as this will be my 1st ticket entry Showmasters event, so don't really know what to expect :angel:

I suspect that we'll all bump into each other at various points throughout the day as well

no worries Gebes and thanks :angel:

wouldn't mind going to the RD talk having missed the one at LFaCC1 :( but I won't go on my own so if no one else is bothered, I'll give it a miss :(

the only problem with meeting after the anime pannel is that QS has said her friend Foxy wants to go to the JRD talk (I might come with, if that's ok?) so that would only leave half an hour before going to queue for seats :( if only the anime pannel was later in the day e.g. before the cosplay parade we would have no probs!!!!! :(

perhaps the best thing to do is meet at 1130 and hang out and drift about in a specific area that we can find when we initially meet? this has worked before at Collectormania ie by John Lewis / Next a crowd of peeps have set up camp :D there and people have popped off to get pics/autos/food etc but know SOME ONE from the group will be there so no need to lug their stuff with :D

as long as we have everyone's mobile numbers between us, this shouldn't be a problem if people are late or caught up in auto lines :( plus I doubt a group like us, some in CSI uniforms/outfits can be missed sprawling about in chairs/sitting on the floor :(

Luv sah xx

Well I have NO idea what to expect so... SAH we'll have to organise to meet up before the event? So maybe I can tag along with you, meet you in the hotel before you troop off the the event? That ok?

I'm totally guided by every one else....!

those of us not already meeting up to walk to staying together/GMEX can meet by the organisers booth at 1130 if everyone can make that time?  ^_^

where is everyone staying anyways?

my lot is in the TRAVEL INN opposite GMEX  :D

Luv sah xx

917092[/snapback]

Travel Inn opposite G-Mex for Foxy and the two Collectormania virgins I am dragging along, too.

Finally got confirmation so:

Friday 10th Feb BMI flight arriving Manchester International at 16.30

Jurys Doyle Hotel Bridgewater St--300 metres from GMEX !!! for 2 nights according to the internet

Leave Manchester 12 Feb at 19.50 to arrive back in Edinburgh at 20.45

Now I just need to know how early to be standing in the GMEX Q, want to get Somerhalder, Pattinson and Brooks.

So to those people who are Showmasters veterans I ask:

What ungodly hour of Saturday Morning should I start Q'ing for VT's?

Yes, I've been re-reading Too Tall's FAQ!!!