FORUM MEET!!!!

wiccawise21

I've pre-ordered at Ottakers, so I was going to be there for the midnight opening. A friend of mine did it for the Order of the Phoenix and said that only a handful of people were outside waiting, so I don't know about getting there for 5pm as mentioned on the first post.

So I'm planning on 10.30pm or 11.00pm, but can I still meet up if the queue's not too insane? I don't want to get hexed for looking like I'm queue jumping! ;-) I don't think I'll be dressing up though .... I'm not the world's greatest person with a needle and thread (or a sewing machine), but I'll try and find a black cloak just for fun :unsure:

I went to the order of the phoenix and the que was massive in MK by 10pm. By 11pm the que went from one shopping centre to another :blush: I got there round 6pmish last time and I was 3rd in the que so didnt have to wait ages to get the book :lol: But it will be fun getting there early, we plan on doing stuff for it to be fun :wub:

Davey :unsure:

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, wish I could go to this...but I can't really justify inflicting my insanely boring German exchange partner on you lot.

"Ees eet bedtime yet...?"

Bring him and you can loose them in MK :unsure:

Maybe I will get there for 6pm then! Strange as my friend who pre-ordered for the OoTP was adamant there was hardly anyone there .... then again, she might not have been waiting outside Ottakers - it could have been WHSmith or Waterstones.

I've pre-ordered at Ottakers, so I was going to be there for the midnight opening. A friend of mine did it for the Order of the Phoenix and said that only a handful of people were outside waiting, so I don't know about getting there for 5pm as mentioned on the first post.

So I'm planning on 10.30pm or 11.00pm, but can I still meet up if the queue's not too insane? I don't want to get hexed for looking like I'm queue jumping! ;-) I don't think I'll be dressing up though .... I'm not the world's greatest person with a needle and thread (or a sewing machine), but I'll try and find a black cloak just for fun :rolleyes:

hey, come along anyways.... but we dont plan to stand around for hours. we will think of fun stuff to do to entertain ourselves im sure.

just a query.... are you the jacquie that came to get a talk ticket form me at C7??

=x=

We plan to get there early so we have a place in the que, then if anyone wants to wonder off for a bit or something that is completely fine. But as I said earlier, there will be ways of entertaining ourselves, I might bring my diablo for a bit of entertainment and maybe some juggling balls too :rolleyes:

We plan to get there early so we have a place in the que, then if anyone wants to wonder off for a bit or something that is completely fine. But as I said earlier, there will be ways of entertaining ourselves, I might bring my diablo for a bit of entertainment and maybe some juggling balls too :D

so you CAN do tricks other than blinking? :P

We plan to get there early so we have a place in the que, then if anyone wants to wonder off for a bit or something that is completely fine. But as I said earlier, there will be ways of entertaining ourselves, I might bring my diablo for a bit of entertainment and maybe some juggling balls too  :lol:

so you CAN do tricks other than blinking? :lol:

Maybe :D

We plan to get there early so we have a place in the que, then if anyone wants to wonder off for a bit or something that is completely fine. But as I said earlier, there will be ways of entertaining ourselves, I might bring my diablo for a bit of entertainment and maybe some juggling balls too :vader:

oh my god!!! yes please!! i havent used a diablo in aaaages!! soo cool!

and we should still bring anything HP related..... food (always good) playing cards, top trumps etc!!

*is getting all excited now i know its only 8 weeks away*

=x=

• 3 weeks later...

ok...

we are meeting at 5pm on the friday night. but of course if you want to go at a different time thats fine.

we want to make our wait as fun as possible so come in costume, make a quiz, bring top trumps and playing cards. you could make some food even. all harry potter style of course!

for those of you that havent already.... make sure you go into ottakars and preorder your book. its a £2 deposit. which will come off the total of your book. i dont think you can get a book at the midnight opening without a preorder. and you get a free book with it if you do... so its worth it.

the next day we plan to meet up somewhere and chat about what we have read so far.....

i suggest that we set a target... say the first 3 chapters??? (we can change that... what do you guys think??) everyone that comes to the meet on the saturday will have to have read up til that point so that people who have read ahead dont give away spoilers.

so we need a place to meet? does anyone know of a coffee shop or something thats quite big and not especially busy? or maybe we can meet at the big tree? any suggestions?

=x=

I cant come to this now! :D

My aunts chosen the saturday 16th to get married and ive got to travel to Middlesbrough for it! How inconsiderate! lol :D

Ive ordered a HB copy from Amazon and I wont even be hear to receive my book so im gonna have to wait ages to read it! :D Help! lol

I cant come to this now! :lol:

My aunts chosen the saturday 16th to get married and ive got to travel to Middlesbrough for it! How inconsiderate! lol :lol:

Ive ordered a HB copy from Amazon and I wont even be hear to receive my book so im gonna have to wait ages to read it! ;) Help! lol

Run out in the morning and get it from somewhere! OMG you must do anything you can, read it in the ceremony, weddings are boring anyway :lol:

I cant come to this now!  :angry:

My aunts chosen the saturday 16th to get married and ive got to travel to Middlesbrough for it! How inconsiderate! lol  ;)

Ive ordered a HB copy from Amazon and I wont even be hear to receive my book so im gonna have to wait ages to read it!  :D  Help! lol

Run out in the morning and get it from somewhere! OMG you must do anything you can, read it in the ceremony, weddings are boring anyway :P

hahahaha!

i can imagine it now.... rows and rows of guests, not a head to be seen because they are all buried in the HP book!

what an amazing picture that would make!

=x=

• 2 weeks later...
I cant come to this now!  :lol:

My aunts chosen the saturday 16th to get married and ive got to travel to Middlesbrough for it! How inconsiderate! lol  :D

Ive ordered a HB copy from Amazon and I wont even be hear to receive my book so im gonna have to wait ages to read it!  :angry:  Help! lol

Run out in the morning and get it from somewhere! OMG you must do anything you can, read it in the ceremony, weddings are boring anyway :lol:

Change the delivery address to the Hotel (or whatever) you are going to be at. I've done that for mine cuase it my stepdads 40th birthday party and i'm gonna be 100 miles from home