A plea to ShowMasters ......

dufresne

Flashback to C4. I'm queuing outside C:MK at 8.00am. My toes are numb, and there's about 50 people in front of me. A Collectormania virgin at the time, I ran (with the flow) when the doors opened, knowing I would need a ticket for Elijah Wood and Sean Astin.

What did I find ? No two guests at C4 were further apart ! To queue for a ticket for one made it difficult, nay impossible to get one for the other !

Please SMs, put Sean, JRD and any more main LOTR in the one place ? ....

• Showmasters Admin

Hi dufresne,

It is a good point, and we appreciate what you say . . . . . however, . . . . . . . there actually was a specific reason for this!

We actually thought that Elijah and Sean would be the busiest people there on the day, and we knew that there were likely to be people who would have trouble getting tickets to meet them. We therefore decided that if we placed them at opposite sides of the venue then more people were likely to get to meet at least one of them, although we do also realise that this made it harder for people to meet BOTH of them.

It was a judgement call, and we felt it was better that more people got to meet one or the other, rather than some got to meet both, which by definition would mean that more would get to meet neither, ( if you follow what I mean )!

On the subject of this event though, as things stand at the moment, if we are in a position to do so before the event we may post a layout of the show online before hand. However, please do not hold us to this, as things often change at the last minute, and the reason we have not done this before is that if people rely on what we post up, and then we have had to change it on the day, we run the risk of those people not being that happy. Anyway, we will try and make things a little easier for you all in this regard for C7!

Hope that clarifies things a bit.

Mark :lol:

Good answer ! Feedback appreciated !

A C7 layout would be a belter of an idea especially with so many big / rare guests. I assume it will vary from day to day with people who are not there all four days / the reunion people etc .... but any advance info on layout (and auto prices :lol: ) would be very welcome !

• Showmasters Admin
Good answer ! Feedback appreciated !

A C7 layout would be a belter of an idea especially with so many big / rare guests. I assume it will vary from day to day with people who are not there all four days / the reunion people etc .... but any advance info on layout (and auto prices :lol: ) would be very welcome !

We will see what we can do! :lol:

Mark

Sounds like a very good plan! :lol:

I have a query as well... hopefully regular Collectormania go'ers can help!

This will be my first CM event, Though I did attend the last LFCC. For comparitive reasons, how busy is CM compared to LFCC?

It's gona be trickier for me to get to you see, so I'm hoping that even if I don't get there for opening I'll still get all the autos I want.

CM is longer established, and is in a "public" venue as opposed to a closed off hall. Therefore it tends to be full of gawpers and casual shoppers. I suppose it depends on the draw of the guests at any show .... Astin, Marsters and a few others will be chockablock regardless of overall attendance ......

oooh a plan before the show would be great. obviously there could be changes but it will give people some idea.

how about this though.... is it possible to have one designated door for queues? and then let people know about it? i know that people have queued at one door only to find out that many people have been let in before them at a different door.

thanks.

=x=

Hi showmasters

I would really appreciate knowing about the queues. I know its a shopping centre, but the fact is so many people can push in.

Is there going to be set doors for certain queues 'this door only for sean astin'

and 'this door only for james marsters'

thanks

poppy

Hi showmasters

I would really appreciate knowing about the queues. I know its a shopping centre, but the fact is so many people can push in.

Is there going to be set doors for certain queues 'this door only for sean astin'

and 'this door only for james marsters'

thanks

poppy

can't see that working, sorry !

I was just wondering, as it's an open plan layout, can you watch signings of people you would maybe like to see but not bothered about meeting up close. There are actors I wouldn't mind taking a peek at without actually having to queue to meet them (if that makes any sense!)

:huh:

One thing that would it a lot easier for me is if it were done as it is with LFACC with regards to handing out tickets. For example, last time there were lots of people i wanted to meet but went to queue for Nick Brendon first. But because i had to wait 45mins before getting my ticket i didnt get to meet Carrie Fisher or Billy Boyd because by the time i got over there their queues had built up enormously and their virtual ticket numbers were now very high. I dont see why it cant be done as it is with LFACC and have people waiting at the end of the queues waiting to hand out tickets so that we can collect who we want and then get out of the way until the stars arrive. It works really well at LFACC because it means those who make the effort to get up really early and queue out in the cold get to meet everyone they want and not just whoever they choose to go for first. Ive never missed out on anyone at LFACC cus i always get my virtual tickets straight away. Is there a reason why it is not done that way at Collectormania?

Love Jen xxx

I was just wondering, as it's an open plan layout, can you watch signings of people you would maybe like to see but not bothered about meeting up close. There are actors I wouldn't mind taking a peek at without actually having to queue to meet them (if that makes any sense!)

:wub:

you can see most guests from afar, but showmasters and the shopping centre staff will move people on as it causes an obstruction for people just trying to move round the hall.

:wub:

you can see most guests from afar, but showmasters and the shopping centre staff will move people on as it causes an obstruction for people just trying to move round the hall.

yeah s/m and crew do tend to you move you along quite alot.

i remeber at c5 - (my first) not actually wanting to meet craig parker - because i was lacking on the funds department, and i wanted to by a mars bar muffin from that let's eat place, where you get fluff, and just wanting to see his yumfulness, and we were watching quite far back, and got moved along, so i spent most of my c6 trying to get a view of craig parker.

i was tempted to climb into the trees (you know inbetween the bench things) and peer thtough the cracks in the borads to try to look at his spam.

aaaaaaaaaah... memorys.

i totally know wot ya mean, but i onli wanted to see elijah hehehe. i actually complained to milton keynes lol omg the letter bck was jus funni, and they said hey wud take notice on my complaint. and wow i was a collectormania virgin too and still quite innocent as i onli went once after thta, but no im no more innocent im a lil devil :P hehehe. and plz bring elijah bck i love im and i cried infront of hundreds mayb even thousands cause i cudnt meet him, this is a pleaaaa :wub:

just another idea would cause a bit more more organising but would make a lot more people very happy i myself come to get autos nothing more nothing less i am not bothered about having my photo taken with the guest or even shaking there hand i just like to know its authentic which brings me to the point of people getting in the queue just to have there picture taken or to actually take the picture the person with the camera is not only not supporting the show by spending nothing they are also taking a ticket that could be used by someone that will spend my idea if someone is just going through to take a picture of there friend(ie not getting an auto)would it not be better to link them up with someone who wants an auto but missed the tickets?everyones a winner i'm sure people would rather get an auto then not get nothing at all pleasing twice as many people :D:D

Flashback to C4. I'm queuing outside C:MK at 8.00am. My toes are numb, and there's about 50 people in front of me. A Collectormania virgin at the time, I ran (with the flow) when the doors opened, knowing I would need a ticket for Elijah Wood and Sean Astin.

What did I find ? No two guests at C4 were further apart ! To queue for a ticket for one made it difficult, nay impossible to get one for the other !

Please SMs, put Sean, JRD and any more main LOTR in the one place ? ....

i wouldnt worry i was there b4 8 and still didnt get to meet elijah and thats who i went for :D

One thing that would it a lot easier for me is if it were done as it is with LFACC with regards to handing out tickets. For example, last time there were lots of people i wanted to meet but went to queue for Nick Brendon first. But because i had to wait 45mins before getting my ticket i didnt get to meet Carrie Fisher or Billy Boyd because by the time i got over there their queues had built up enormously and their virtual ticket numbers were now very high. I dont see why it cant be done as it is with LFACC and have people waiting at the end of the queues waiting to hand out tickets so that we can collect who we want and then get out of the way until the stars arrive. It works really well at LFACC because it means those who make the effort to get up really early and queue out in the cold get to meet everyone they want and not just whoever they choose to go for first. Ive never missed out on anyone at LFACC cus i always get my virtual tickets straight away. Is there a reason why it is not done that way at Collectormania?

Love Jen xxx

erm....

it is

i think what you did wrong was q'd for nick brendon as soon as u got there and got in the first 20 people. that meant u took no ticket, but u did get in the q first.

It also meant u couldn't go round all the other q's and get a ticket at the start like everyone else did.

the virtual q was a collectormania idea.

just another idea would cause a bit more more organising but would make a lot more people very happy i myself come to get autos nothing more nothing less i am not bothered about having my photo taken with the guest or even shaking there hand i just like to know its authentic which brings me to the point of people getting in the queue just to have there picture taken or to actually take the picture the person with the camera is not only not supporting the show by spending nothing they are also taking a ticket that could be used by someone that will spend my idea if someone is just going through to take a picture of there friend(ie not getting an auto)would it not be better to link them up with someone who wants an auto but missed the tickets?everyones a winner i'm sure people would rather get an auto then not get nothing at all pleasing twice as many people :D:D

On the whole, you can't just go up to a guest for a photo & no autograph anymore so not so much of a problem these days.

A plan of the guest arrangement would be fantastic. Thanks SMs. :D

It would also be helpful to have some guidance about which door to queue at. It is frustrating if some doors open before others & you can see people rushing in from another door before you can get in.

I want to know where to queue for James :D

• Showmasters Admin
oooh a plan before the show would be great. obviously there could be changes but it will give people some idea.

how about this though.... is it possible to have one designated door for queues? and then let people know about it? i know that people have queued at one door only to find out that many people have been let in before them at a different door.

thanks.

=x=

You can't really do a designated door for queue's before the venue opens for several reasons. As I have already mentioned, we may find ourselves in a position where we have to change the layout at the last minute, and so that would negate anything we had said about where to queue previously. There is also no way for us to let everyone know where to queue. If we post on the wensite or forum then that only reaches those people, who are just a small number of those who turn up to Collectormania. We could make signs by the relevant doors, but the immediate problems I see with this are that no one is used to that so won't know to look; people who just join the back of a queue outside the centre will be away from the door so won't even realise they are queuing specifically for certain guests; and most problematic is that with the centre:mk being an open venue as it is, when the doors are opened for the centre, there is no way of controlling where people go, and so people from one side of the centre can run to the other, and so end up in front of people orderly filing in for a specific queue.

Unfortunately, there is NO perfect solution to this situation. We will do what we can to try and make it better though by giving you some sort of idea where people are before the event date!

Mark

• Showmasters Admin

:pyth:

As a general rule we do not have a problem with people looking at the guests from a way away, but we do have to temper this with crowd control, and making sure that the aisles are moving. Basically, if an area is clogged up then we do have to move people along in order to maintain safety. Also, on occasion we have to pre-empt this, and if we know a guest is going to be incredibly popular then we may have to control even where the points are that they can be viewed from. This happened with Elijah where we had to draw the boards across a bit more than usual making it really so that to see him you had to go outside and look through the windows, or alternatively have a ticket to meet him. This was done for safety reasons, both for Elijah and the public as a whole, as there was no way that we could have thousands of people pushing and trying to get a glimpse of him just a few feet away with nothing to stop any crushing. At the time we knew that it perhaps looked harsh, but we really did not have a choice, as the last thing we want at the show is our guests, or the fans being injured.

If we had more room, which unfortunately at Collectormania we don't, then we could put in big overflow areas where people could stand and just view the guests. However, the space constraints of Collectormania mean that we just can't do this. Sorry!

We are, however, looking at other ways of both maintaining everyones safety, and also increasing access to viewing the more popular guests, and we will keep you posted!

Mark :lol: