Can't go

matrix8

It is not that I did not like the line up but just that most of them was not for me (don't collect for sake of it).

Not likeing the line-up and the line-up not being for you...aren't they the same thing?

I don't think anyone collects just for the sake of it...most people wanna meet the stars cos they have an admiration for what they do and wanna know what they are like in person and maybe ask a question.

No they are not the same – not sure why you think they are.

You raise an interesting point about “admiration for what they do”. I have a different view in as it appears that in a lot of cases it is the character the actor plays that is admired and not the person. (Example: If Carrie Fisher only signed pictures from The Blues Brothers how many people would see her?) Nothing wrong with this of course but it changes the raison d’etre for collection.

I'd have to disagree about 'most people wanna meet the stars cos they have an admiration for what they do and wanna know what they are like in person and maybe ask a question.'

I suspect a lot of people 'just' collect autographs (lets face it, it's a lot more satisfying to actually get the autograph in person than just buy it). I suspect quite a few people just want to meet someone famous (preferably someone famous for something they like).

If people came to a Collectormania to find out what a 'star' is like in person, they're going to be disappointed (unless they are crew and doing guest liason), as it's hard to get much of a feeling for someone in the 7 seconds you generally get. (That said, I got the definite impression that Simon Pegg and Nick Frost were really top blokes!!!)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get a feeling we may see the Hobbits back for LFCC3, all four of them.

Shows in London tend to struggle generally to pull people in, this is not specific to Showmasters only, I guess there is just a lot of stuff going on in London.

I have been to record and film collectors fairs in London over the years that have been very poorly supported and have since closed.

For it to succeed they will need to pull in some major names, and I am talking bigger than so far. They don't necessarily have to be screen legends, but certainly people from current film franchises.

My concern is that whilst I respect them going for it, I hope they have done some reasearch, otherwise they could find themselves out of business. Definetly a high risk gamble, and they need to get their Marketing and Advertising right for this one.

I get a feeling we may see the Hobbits back for LFCC3, all four of them.

Shows in London tend to struggle generally to pull people in, this is not specific to Showmasters only, I guess there is just a lot of stuff going on in London.

I have been to record and film collectors fairs in London over the years that have been very poorly supported and have since closed.

For it to succeed they will need to pull in some major names, and I am talking bigger than so far. They don't necessarily have to be screen legends, but certainly people from current film franchises.

My concern is that whilst I respect them going for it, I hope they have done some reasearch, otherwise they could find themselves out of business. Definetly a high risk gamble, and they need to get their Marketing and Advertising right for this one.

Precisely

I for one am really excited for Showmasters and I wish them the best of luck in running this new venture.

What hets my hoeat is people moaning about such trivial things. Ok so you can't make the event, big deal, not everything in life evolves around you. I can't make it, but you don't see me bitching about it. I'm gutted that I can't make it, but its hardly Showmasters fault.

I belive this event will bring in a very good crowd. Most people tend to just think about the British fans, don't forget those that will be coming from other countries as well. Places like USA, Germany and christ knows what else.

If Showmasters say this was the only weekend available, then that will be the case. It will be summer, you have concerts and loads of other events at Earls court, so loads of things will be going off over the Summer months.

It is posible I will be at Earls Court, but it all depends on where U2 plan on playing. Which is what I am going to in June.

All I'm saying is rather than moaning about it, show some support instead. They would not have made this decision lightly and no matter the outcome of that decision, someone will always be unhappy with it, sods law I believe its called.

Anyways again Showmasters, best of luck and I know this is going to be one hell of an event!!!!!!!!!!!

I for one am really excited for Showmasters and I wish them the best of luck in running this new venture.

What hets my hoeat is people moaning about such trivial things.  Ok so you can't make the event, big deal, not everything in life evolves around you.  I can't make it, but you don't see me bitching about it.  I'm gutted that I can't make it, but its hardly Showmasters fault.

I belive this event will bring in a very good crowd.  Most people tend to just think about the British fans, don't forget those that will be coming from other countries as well.  Places like USA, Germany and christ knows what else.

If Showmasters say this was the only weekend available, then that will be the case.  It will be summer, you have concerts and loads of other events at Earls court, so loads of things will be going off over the Summer months.

It is posible I will be at Earls Court, but it all depends on where U2 plan on playing.  Which is what I am going to in June.

All I'm saying is rather than moaning about it, show some support instead.  They would not have made this decision lightly and no matter the outcome of that decision, someone will always be unhappy with it, sods law I believe its called.

Anyways again Showmasters, best of luck and I know this is going to be one hell of an event!!!!!!!!!!!

*claps* :o

Edited by rain

I am really excited at the prospect of this event and cannot wait for SM's to start annoucing some guests.

I have tickets for the "other" event that weekend but as I live in London I shall be going to both - esp if SM's announce those Hobbits.

I am a massive fan of SM and all that they do esp as the other event organiser could never get one of the guests who is going to C7!!!!!

Lisa

i am very excited about the change of venue and date.

i think that the venue will allow them to try out new things and maybe change things around a little. the hall in wembley wasnt the best place in my opinion.

i love the date for a few reasons. it will be warmer! teehee! so ok the uk summer is never that warm but it has to be a little warmer. i think that the date ties in well with the release of summer blockbusters so the stars will naturally be promoting. and i think that it is also a good time for american guests because they are on their summer hiatus.

cant be that bad can it?

though i am now slightly worried about my uni exams. eeek!!

=x=

I really wanted to go to LFACC2 but had to drop out at the last minute due to a combination of transport and money issues. I don't think i'm alone in saying the line up was great and i was looking forward to it. so i'd say attendance was totally out of SM's hands

as for the next one the line up will make me decide between LFACC3 and Glastonbury

as for the next one the line up will make me decide between LFACC3 and Glastonbury

Yep I have to decide between LFACC and Glastonbury as well.

Hopefully there will be a few reliable rumours for who will be at Glastonbury by the time the tickets go on sale (thats usually the case) and hopefully SMs will have made some guest announcements by then as well !