In Depth Statement on LFACC 3

showmasters

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know SM's are extremly busy but if they could say hi or say if anything is going on no matter how trivial it would help tremendously, sorry for moaning ,but not im not complaining about anything, Showmasters are busy guys, i understand that, just getting anxious

JA :wub:

Fantastic news big names , i bet they will be very big names main cast of star wars eeven, lets hope

showmasters rules on the shows so why doesn't they others just give it up and retire which would let their guests all come to showmasters events, if they saw what they missed out on im sure they would be p****d with the show they signed up for, i say showmasters nick all their guests and shut them down

you are the leader and i know you would not lower yourselves to do this but its a thought ha ha ha

That is just a ridiculous thing to say.

Different events have different pros and cons (ooh a pun!). Some events are specific, some are not, some are based in different areas of the country, some are on dates which mean guests can come to that show but not another.

And the competition doesnt hurt anyone.

But to just say "the others should give up and give all their guests up" is a bit silly.

Mistaken Plane, I agree with you guys that we need competition and more choice, that guy just does not think. Period. I think he was just "cheer-leading" as it were but it is not very clever to diss other`s as it were in order to do so.

Still waiting for guest announcements and peeved that I will have to travel now to see Dean Stockwell. They better have Arnold Schwazzenegger or Linda Hamilton for LFFCC at this rate, cos I am getting really ticked off with the MB. Can`t they announce anyone yet? Even a supporting actor would be something to relieve the boredom. :lol:

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bloody hell, its in JUNE!!!!

READ IT!!!!

yes it would be nice, but it is OVER 20 weeks away.

WHY do people have to moan at that length???

and the competition DOES hurt people,if events are on the same date, on the grounds that there is less of a potential atendance rate, and not everyone can make it, but SM have already said they had no choice on the dates.

kirsty, i would like to hope schwartzenagger (can't be arsed looking at the right spelling) doesn't go to this kind of event, he's supposed to be running a state - and personally i'm also not a fan of his. and not only because of the films.

never even heard of linda hamilton though...? :P

also, not sure what you mean by MB?

Stands to reason, you are very young, you could have copied the spelling out of my post but you didn`t.

MB is message board, where the announcements are made.

Linda Hamilton is an awesome actress who is most famous for her role as Sarah Conner in Terminator films and her ex-husband, so to meet her would be a real coup.

And yes the show is in June but that is only 5 months away and I know all the other convention organisers are announcing who they will have as guests in November.

C6 is sooner.

and while some organisers may be announcing for november, SM have had to re-organise their negotiations. they had originally planned for march, in wembly, now they're negotiating for june, in earl's court.

there's gotta be some sort of drawback with that kind of change - for example, other people's schedules, fees, travel costs, accomadation arrangements.... and no doubt other things that i can't think of.

• Moderators
wow thanks. I won't be back after that.

I've deleted a few replies so that arguments don't start, I only wanna leave the ones above so Showmasters can see them and preferably do something about them. Hope u understand ^_^

wow thanks. I won't be back after that.

I've deleted a few replies so that arguments don't start, I only wanna leave the ones above so Showmasters can see them and preferably do something about them. Hope u understand ^_^

Frankly I don't think i care anymore. Sorry.. I still love ya all to bits but not going to bother now.

And yes the show is in June but that is only 5 months away and I know all the other convention organisers are announcing who they will have as guests in November.

Ah, but these are all the run of the mill, easy to get guests - and don't forget SMs have got a great new venue.

So Dufresne, I won`t be seeing you at any of the other conventions, with the "run of the mill, easy to get guests" in Cardiff, Bognor Regis, Bristol, Blackpool, Weston Supermare, Aberdeen, Leicester or London Heathrow. :P

How is their guest list going to be different? Will there be movie stars rather than tv actors and behind the scenes writers and directors, someone exclusive that has never done a signing before. This contrasts wildly with your plea in another thread for any announcement of any guest no matter how lame. It has been 4 weeks since this thread started and we still have no guest announcement at all just a "great new venue". Lots of space to fill guys.....

Ah, but these are all the run of the mill, easy to get guests - and don't forget SMs have got a great new venue.

So Dufresne, I won`t be seeing you at any of the other conventions, with the "run of the mill, easy to get guests" in Cardiff, Bognor Regis, Bristol, Blackpool, Weston Supermare, Aberdeen, Leicester or London Heathrow. :o - NO, BECAUSE I AM IN NORTHERN IRELAND, AND ANY GB SHOW MUST HAVE ENOUGH TO MAKE IT WORTH MY WHILE, GIVEN THE TIME AND MONEY ATTENDING WOULD TAKE. I REALLY ONLY BOTHER ABOUT THE BIG & VARIED SHOWS LIKE THESE. TWO DAYS IN A HOTEL IN DAVENTRY, WATCHING SOMEONE FROM BUFFY SAY HOW MUCH THEY LOVED WORKING ON THE PROGRAMME ISN'T FOR ME.

How is their guest list going to be different? BASED ON SMs PROMISES, IT "SHOULD" BE. Will there be movie stars rather than tv actors and behind the scenes writers and directors, someone exclusive that has never done a signing before. This contrasts wildly with your plea in another thread for any announcement of any guest no matter how lame. It has been 4 weeks since this thread started and we still have no guest announcement at all just a "great new venue". Lots of space to fill guys.....

YOU ARE KIND OR AGREEING WITH ME THERE ?!?! I JUST WISH THEY WOULD OFFER SOMETHING FOR US TO WORK ON. FOUR MONTHS AWAY OR NOT, ITS BEEN ONE OF THOSE MONTHS SINCE THEY "PROMISED US THE WORLD"

Oh dear, the newbie really has been doing their homework .... well, a bit !

My "great new venue" was a dig at another organiser. You will see that the post was edited by "donatello" (DavidB) who replaced my flashing jpeg with plain text, thus totally changing it's meaning. You other poings, I have addressed in the quote ....

YOU - get off my case !

SHOWMASTERS - Can you please delete the post of mine that David butchered ? I am getting a hard time now from strangers because he has altered the tone and meaning of my post ! Not that I expect a response. He is beyond reproach to you, and more important than any paying punter ! :yoda:

Only guest announcements would stop this squabbling, then we can have a moan about those instead, same S*** different subject or something

Guest announcments would be good Stevie but ya gotta be patient bud..they're coming honestly lol :unsure:

However, I seriously doubt any guest announcements would stop all this crap going on. It would just move to another part of the board.

Edited by ashleo78