LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - BRUCE SPENCE

showmasters

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, he was the the Train Man in Matrix Revolutions. ..a reasonable claim to fame.

BUT:

It says a lot about how SM's market their guests when they advertise him wholly as being in a deleted scene from an LOTR movie. . .Talk about pandering to LOTR fans.

Do the rest of us not exist? :P

*yawn*

It says a lot about how SM's market their guests when they advertise him wholly as being in a deleted scene from an LOTR movie. . .Talk about pandering to LOTR fans.

Do the rest of us not exist?  :P

Got a sore head by any chance? ;)

Do the rest of us not exist?  :angry:

Got a sore head by any chance? :lol:

hahahaha!!! nice one!

Do the rest of us not exist?  :D

Got a sore head by any chance? :P

hahahaha!!! nice one!

LOL

funny.

I am big fan of Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior

We already had Vernon Wells at LFCC1 from that film so Bruce is welcome to me. I care not at all for LOTFn'R.

Do the rest of us not exist?  :P

Did someone say something :D

:(:D:D

I'm not really into spoilers so I don't know for sure but surely his part in SW ep3 is bigger than being a mouth in LOTR??

Anyway, I'll still meet him for the fact that he's in Star Wars because that is going to be the biggest release in 2005! Don't get me wrong I loved Lord of the Rings but next year is all about revenge of the sith!

bring it on!

Ok, he was the the Train Man in Matrix Revolutions. ..a reasonable claim to fame.

BUT:

Do the rest of us not exist?  :lol:

:o:lol:

Jesus Christ !!!....will you ever have ANYTHING good to say about any guests that are announced.

so sorry SM's cant cater to YOUR individual needs at every announcement

Edited by ashleo78

Did someone say something :o

:D:D:lol:

I'm not really into spoilers so I don't know for sure but surely his part in SW ep3 is bigger than being a mouth in LOTR??

Anyway, I'll still meet him for the fact that he's in Star Wars because that is going to be the biggest release in 2005! Don't get me wrong I loved Lord of the Rings but next year is all about revenge of the sith!

bring it on!

i love em both starwars n lotr

who is he in starwars?

the mouth has a coolio sword fighting bit with aragorn though

i haven't seen the ee yet, but in the books n the game it happens, so don't hold me to it

BUT:

Do the rest of us not exist?  :rolleyes:

:lol::P

Jesus Christ !!!....will you ever have ANYTHING good to say about any guests that are announced.

so sorry SM's cant cater to YOUR individual needs at every announcement

I have no desire for my wishes to be catered with every guest announcement. Far from it.

Every time I make a perfectly valid point on here, I get jumped on. And may I say that from both my point of view and that of a few others who've started to agree with some of my comments, we are sick to death of the constant "why haven't we had a LOTR guest annouced within the last two weeks?" whine of certain individuals on this forum.

At C6, I met a fellow forum member who posts fairly frequently, and was told that some of my posts were, and I quote "f***ing funny" and that I should "keep up the good work".

Showmasters give the impression of living in fear of not pleasing the LOTR whiners, hence my post about their Bruce Spence biography.

If LOTR fans attendance at their events is so important, why don't Showmasters just make Collectormania an LOTR event, then at least the rest of us who like a bit of variety and some new guests can go elsewhere without expecting to be catered for here in any way whatsoever.

If people on here have no wish or are incapable of effectively contributing to something I have said on here without telling me to shut up, then they should practice what they preach and keep quiet themselves.

Oh, and Ashelo78. . I've had plenty of good things to say about previous guests. Perhaps you should actually bother to read my posts before you push your brain cell back in to neutral and start typing.

Edited by Admiral_Bear

• Moderators
Showmasters give the impression of living in fear of not pleasing the LOTR whiners, hence my post about their Bruce Spence biography.

If LOTR fans attendance at their events is so important, why don't Showmasters just make Collectormania an LOTR event, then at least the rest of us who like a bit of variety and some new guests can go elsewhere without expecting to be catered for here in any way whatsoever.

I think that variety is extremely important to Showmasters and their events, and that's what we've had lately. Bruce Spence isn't just a LOTR guest, he's a SW one too BUT I can understand that on the DAY that ROTK:Ext Ed was released that it'd make sense to market him as from that, especially when SW Ep3 isn't out yet so a lot of people may not be familiar with his character. Now I'm not saying that everyone has bought the ROTK dvds, of course not, but I CAN understand the logic behind the timing of the announcement.

Maybe if he was ADVERTISED solely on the basis of his ROTK Ext role then you'd have a much more valid point and I think they'd be making a mistake, but considering it was just a guest announcement which coincided with the dvd release then it doesn't matter too much that he was announced with his ROTK role.

As for LOTR fans being important ... of course they are, and have probably been the most important over the last couple of years during the boom period of the movies. Now, you say why not make Collectormania a LOTR event? Because it wouldn't work and that's not what Showmasters are about. There has always been variety and yes, there are extra amounts of guests to tie in with whatever (LOTR releases, SW dvds etc ...) which makes good business sense in my mind - as does the tie in with the guest announcement and the dvd release. BUT at the end of the day, all of the fans are important, no matter what they are interested in and people shouldn't have to get into fights on this forum over different fandoms. I'm not attacking anyone here and I won't do ... everyone is entitled to request who they want AND without hassle. No one should be shot down for requesting anyone from Elijah Wood to Patrick Stewart to Ant n Dec, no matter how ridiculous or unlikely the guests may be in our opinions. I know we're all entitled to those opinions but surely sometimes it's better to be tactful and not cause arguments. Debating is fine and I think healthy but sadly it often quickly descends into petty insults which are pointless.

Anyway, I'm not trying to argue, rather "effectively contributing" as you put it .. we may not agree but I'm not slagging u off right now or anything. I agree that people should not "contribute" unless it's worthwhile. Things should be discussed in an appropriate manner.

I think that variety is extremely important to Showmasters and their events, and that's what we've had lately. Bruce Spence isn't just a LOTR guest, he's a SW one too BUT I can understand that on the DAY that ROTK:Ext Ed was released that it'd make sense to market him as from that, especially when SW Ep3 isn't out yet so a lot of people may not be familiar with his character. Now I'm not saying that everyone has bought the ROTK dvds, of course not, but I CAN understand the logic behind the timing of the announcement.

Maybe if he was ADVERTISED solely on the basis of his ROTK Ext role then you'd have a much more valid point and I think they'd be making a mistake, but considering it was just a guest announcement which coincided with the dvd release then it doesn't matter too much that he was announced with his ROTK role.

As for LOTR fans being important ... of course they are, and have probably been the most important over the last couple of years during the boom period of the movies. Now, you say why not make Collectormania a LOTR event? Because it wouldn't work and that's not what Showmasters are about. There has always been variety and yes, there are extra amounts of guests to tie in with whatever (LOTR releases, SW dvds etc ...) which makes good business sense in my mind - as does the tie in with the guest announcement and the dvd release. BUT at the end of the day, all of the fans are important, no matter what they are interested in and people shouldn't have to get into fights on this forum over different fandoms. I'm not attacking anyone here and I won't do ... everyone is entitled to request who they want AND without hassle. No one should be shot down for requesting anyone from Elijah Wood to Patrick Stewart to Ant n Dec, no matter how ridiculous or unlikely the guests may be in our opinions. I know we're all entitled to those opinions but surely sometimes it's better to be tactful and not cause arguments. Debating is fine and I think healthy but sadly it often quickly descends into petty insults which are pointless.

Anyway, I'm not trying to argue, rather "effectively contributing" as you put it .. we may not agree but I'm not slagging u off right now or anything. I agree that people should not "contribute" unless it's worthwhile. Things should be discussed in an appropriate manner.

What he said :D