Signed contracts

hobbitlover

I've got to admit, I'm still not sure I can let myself believe it.  If it's true it would be just TOO good!

What is your problem?!? You seem to just jump from one thing to the next and it is getting really tiresome.

We WERE incredibly pleased that the Hobbits made it to C4, as technically they had work commitments that were moved at the last minute to conflict with C4. Originally they were free to attend the show, as their New York press conference was 2 weeks before. That then got moved to the week before, finishing on the first day of C4, with them still in NY! They could very easily have not come, as there responsibility to New Line and the press conference took precedence. However, they so wanted to meet all their fans that they got straight on a plane, flew to London, drove to a hotel, slept for an hour, and then appeared on stage! Is that going beyond the call of duty and any contract? Yes. Are we pleased that they cared so much and did actually turn up? Yes. Did they do it? Yes.

We have to look after the majority of the fans, and Rowan, if you want us to jump through all your hoops and explain every contract and every situation with the hundreds of actors we have dealt with in the last few years, you have another thing coming. Apart from the fact that we do not have time, we are running one of the largest events in the world in less than 2 weeks time, and really have better things to do than constantly answer all your queries. We have to look after the people who are going to appreciate what we are doing, and it seems you will never fall into this category!

We are now going to get on with our work, running the event, rather than just pandering to your accusations. I don't see you giving Wolf a hard time on their forum, and they are the ones who seem to deserve it, having acted unprofessionally, deleting posts, (including Chris' statement), and not letting anyone discuss anything they don't want seen.

Enough is enough, we're going back to work. Think waht you want to think. It appears you will anyway.

Showmasters

P.S. And before you jump on the fact that nowhere there did we say whether we had a written contract with the Hobbits, we would just like to say in words of plain English that anyone can understand . . "Yes we did"! :unsure:

thank you for the answer but it seemed more headed to rowan than myself and still leaves a lot of my questions un answered.

Don't jump on me I just want answers and I feel like many people the right to answers which lately you have not been giving.

As you can tell I've been an member for a long time coming here since C3 I know a lot of the forum people here personally.

At this moment I think you are forgetting we like your events we like going. I don't think you are treating us rightly.

People ask questions here which you do not answer you let people run riot here not caring what happens.

It's not just silly questions for sometime the question about an cancelled guest was up and no one answered it which I think is very rude.

You have talked about the hobbits contact which is fine but still not answered my question on the fact of have you got contacts signed with other guests and at what point did you have them signed.

Oh and question for an long time ago did Karl ever have an signed contract?

if u wanna get like that hobbit lover i suggest you take urself over to the Wolf boards !! :yoda: or the FF boards that you love so dearly !!

seems you have something in common with its members questioning showmasters every action lately.!!!

Edited by ashleo78

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Like Showmasters said, they've got better and more important things to be doing than answering your constant questions right now.

Even if they came on here, and said that every single contract had been signed before the guest was announced - WOULD THAT BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU?

What will u want after THAT? To be invited round their house for a cup of tea and a biscuit, and allowed to read through every contract they've ever dealt with? Then would it be enough? Or would you then ask to be allowed to contact every single guest that Showmasters have had, and get THEM to explain everything to you too?

Seriously, I'm expecting some people to remain unsatisfied til they get BLOOD!!

Indeed all these discussions become very boring !!! :yoda:

And indeed I don't have to read them, which I don't actually ! But it's tiring to see all the same threads over every board turning round and round with hundreds of posts !!!

come on, Bryan is going to announce soon new guests for SG8 and I think this is a better subject ! All the rest can be asked to Chris for people who will attend LFCC2 or to JCB for people who will attend C6.

Edited by lams9999

I've got to admit, I'm still not sure I can let myself believe it.  If it's true it would be just TOO good!

What is your problem?!? You seem to just jump from one thing to the next and it is getting really tiresome.

We WERE incredibly pleased that the Hobbits made it to C4, as technically they had work commitments that were moved at the last minute to conflict with C4. Originally they were free to attend the show, as their New York press conference was 2 weeks before. That then got moved to the week before, finishing on the first day of C4, with them still in NY! They could very easily have not come, as there responsibility to New Line and the press conference took precedence. However, they so wanted to meet all their fans that they got straight on a plane, flew to London, drove to a hotel, slept for an hour, and then appeared on stage! Is that going beyond the call of duty and any contract? Yes. Are we pleased that they cared so much and did actually turn up? Yes. Did they do it? Yes.

We have to look after the majority of the fans, and Rowan, if you want us to jump through all your hoops and explain every contract and every situation with the hundreds of actors we have dealt with in the last few years, you have another thing coming. Apart from the fact that we do not have time, we are running one of the largest events in the world in less than 2 weeks time, and really have better things to do than constantly answer all your queries. We have to look after the people who are going to appreciate what we are doing, and it seems you will never fall into this category!

We are now going to get on with our work, running the event, rather than just pandering to your accusations. I don't see you giving Wolf a hard time on their forum, and they are the ones who seem to deserve it, having acted unprofessionally, deleting posts, (including Chris' statement), and not letting anyone discuss anything they don't want seen.

Enough is enough, we're going back to work. Think waht you want to think. It appears you will anyway.

Showmasters

P.S. And before you jump on the fact that nowhere there did we say whether we had a written contract with the Hobbits, we would just like to say in words of plain English that anyone can understand . . "Yes we did"! :unsure:

thank you for the answer but it seemed more headed to rowan than myself and still leaves a lot of my questions un answered.

Don't jump on me I just want answers and I feel like many people the right to answers which lately you have not been giving.

As you can tell I've been an member for a long time coming here since C3 I know a lot of the forum people here personally.

At this moment I think you are forgetting we like your events we like going. I don't think you are treating us rightly.

People ask questions here which you do not answer you let people run riot here not caring what happens.

It's not just silly questions for sometime the question about an cancelled guest was up and no one answered it which I think is very rude.

You have talked about the hobbits contact which is fine but still not answered my question on the fact of have you got contacts signed with other guests and at what point did you have them signed.

if u wanna get like that hobbit lover i suggest you take urself over to the Wolf boards !! :yoda:

seems you have something in common with its members questioning showmasters every action lately.!!!

I don't think people understand me right I use to really support showmasters but they are making them selves look bad not me. I looked on the wolf boards but it's just repeating things again and again I want answers to the question on here not over there.

They need to take on board what people say and answer them not pretend the questions aren't here.

I should not have to worship at there feet to get answers I'm an paying customer. I saw all the hobbits so I have no problem with missing out on guests like that.

Showmasters

if u wanna get like that hobbit lover i suggest you take urself over to the Wolf boards !! :headscratch:

I don't think people understand me right I use to really support showmasters but they are making them selves look bad not me. I looked on the wolf boards but it's just repeating things again and again I want answers to the question on here not over there.

They need to take on board what people say and answer them not pretend the questions aren't here.

I should not have to worship at there feet to get answers I'm an paying customer. I saw all the hobbits so I have no problem with missing out on guests like that.

With less than 2 weeks to go before a very large and busy convention - do YOU think YOU would have the time to drop everything just to answer 1 persons question..i think not !!

Even if they came on here, and said that every single contract had been signed before the guest was announced - WOULD THAT BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU?

I'd take it as true unless I had what I considered trustworthy evidence otherwise.

Trustworthy evidence ?? :headscratch:

Please tell me what gain, if any, you would have by digging further into this ???

Like Showmasters said, they've got better and more important things to be doing than answering your constant questions right now.

What will u want after THAT? To be invited round their house for a cup of tea and a biscuit, and allowed to read through every contract they've ever dealt with? Then would it be enough? Or would you then ask to be allowed to contact every single guest that Showmasters have had, and get THEM to explain everything to you too?

Seriously, I'm expecting some people to remain unsatisfied til they get BLOOD!!

David don't bite my head off I've asked this question for a long time now and you know I have they just don't seem to want to answer it which is why I'm getting worried. When there was question about Corni contract I believe for C3 they scanned in his signture to prove it. I don't expect that but I'm just saying they don't want to answer questions that are important any more.

You should not be the one that has to stick up for them David they should do that I'm not here to have an go at you. You get an lot of bad stuff said to you which is not on I want the answers from the only people that do know.

Showmasters

if u wanna get like that hobbit lover i suggest you take urself over to the Wolf boards !! :headscratch:

With less than 2 weeks to go before a very large and busy convention - do YOU think YOU would have the time to drop everything just to answer 1 persons question..i think not !!

the first time I asked this question must have been at least an month ago and there are other questions they don't answer.

Right now I'm just intrigued. People seem to be getting very defensive around here. If Showmasters post I doubt I'll go 'digging' for more. Just who knows what you'll hear a few months down the road? That's why I left it open for more 'evidence' turning up.

As to what I'd gain, I think I've already made clear that if it turns out they don't always have 'the works' I'd find the irony of it pretty hysterical. I have that kind of sense of humour.

• Moderators
David don't bite my head off I've asked this question for a long time now and you know I have they just don't seem to want to answer it which is why I'm getting worried. When there was question about Corni contract I believe for C3 they scanned in his signture to prove it. I don't expect that but I'm just saying they don't want to answer questions that are important any more.

You should not be the one that has to stick up for them David they should do that I'm not here to have an go at you. You get an lot of bad stuff said to you which is not on I want the answers from the only people that do know.

You're right, I do get a lot of sh*t off people on here, and I actually get nothing from defending Showmasters - not that u said I do, but I know some people probably believe that I benefit from it, when really I don't at all.

I know u started asking way before all this Wolf/SG8/Christopher Judge business, and I wouldn't be surprised if this whole situation has pissed Showmasters off a bit and don't wanna deal with people prying into their business.

I don't have the answers, I never will, only Showmasters do - they've been misrepresented on the Wolf forum, which is unfair so I stick up for em, that's just me.

Maybe if you make a *new* thread, clearly bullet point your questions, then I'll get it locked so no-one else can post in it, and when Showmasters have the time, hopefully they'll answer it.

• Showmasters Admin

You're right, I do get a lot of sh*t off people on here, and I actually get nothing from defending Showmasters - not that u said I do, but I know some people probably believe that I benefit from it, when really I don't at all.

I know u started asking way before all this Wolf/SG8/Christopher Judge business, and I wouldn't be surprised if this whole situation has pissed Showmasters off a bit and don't wanna deal with people prying into their business.

I don't have the answers, I never will, only Showmasters do - they've been misrepresented on the Wolf forum, which is unfair so I stick up for em, that's just me.

Maybe if you make a *new* thread, clearly bullet point your questions, then I'll get it locked so no-one else can post in it, and when Showmasters have the time, hopefully they'll answer it.

It probably makes more sence to email SM, rather than have another thread posted.

If you lock it and SM don't look at it for a week or so it'll be lost on page (god knows where).

Just a suggestion.

• Showmasters Admin
I think a couple of emails have already been sent so I figured why not try something new  :headscratch:

Cool. I realise you're trying to be the advicate here. You're not doing too bad either :unsure:

Edited by Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

Personally I don't think SM have to justify themselves. They provide a service for which we are all customers, but it is a business and they don't have to justify every decision they make (or ANY decision they make). They have been good enough to come on to the forum to try and give their customers as much information as they can about the recent events.

If you still have a problem with the way SM runs their business I suggest you either don't go to their events, or talk to them in person about your concerns.

• Moderators
Personally I don't think SM have to justify themselves.

Yeah I agree with u about that but ... as can be seen, some people do demand answers and we're never all gonna agree so I was just suggestion a way that can perhaps keep both sides happy and not keep descending into arguments. Maybe that's me being too hopeful ;)

Right now I'm just intrigued.  People seem to be getting very defensive around here.  If Showmasters post I doubt I'll go 'digging' for more.  Just who knows what you'll hear a few months down the road?  That's why I left it open for more 'evidence' turning up.

As to what I'd gain, I think I've already made clear that if it turns out they don't always have 'the works' I'd find the irony of it pretty hysterical.  I have that kind of sense of humour.

Well, I know why I am getting defensive when I see you posting:

I don't get your point. It is very hard to discuss something with somebody who only wants to see blood and is arguing for the sake of the argument.

Did it ever dawn on you that people get defensive because your statements are annoying them?

Edited by Queen_Sindel

• Showmasters Admin
Personally I don't think SM have to justify themselves.

Yeah I agree with u about that but ... as can be seen, some people do demand answers and we're never all gonna agree so I was just suggestion a way that can perhaps keep both sides happy and not keep descending into arguments. Maybe that's me being too hopeful ;)

I understand what you're trying to do Dave. It's a reasonable compromise.

I still stand by my statement earlier (shorten version):

If you have a problem with the way SM runs their business talk to them in person about your concerns.

If you read back I've clearly stated that I wasn't sure whether to believe it was true. But I was enjoying the picture while it lasted *G*

Serioulsy though... I think Hobbitlover asked some important questions, and, Showmasters, you haven't really answered. I appreciate you are busy, and asking you to go through the details of every 'contract and every situation' (there's a difference?) you've ever had is not feasible.

So, just as a matter of curiosity, and not making accusations here, have you had a full, signed, written contract with every actor when you've announced for a show, past and future?

I think Showmasters has been nothing but helpful to you, they have backed you up, closed down threads singling you out and have answered your question after question. They answered the question in plain english - yes they do have contracts with the hobbits and everyone else. But say they hadn't - that would just have made them as stupid as your wonderful, can do no wrong Wolf now wouldn't it.

If only this forum could block people. Then you could troll away to your hearts content, we could talk without your snarking and Showmasters could actually get on with their job.

Maybe if we all just ignored him/her then we could just pretend *g*

I'd take it as true unless I had what I considered trustworthy evidence otherwise.

you decided that the L3 situation was not fully resolved to your perfect satisfaction.

i'm tired of your bull.

everyone else who is responding to you is tired as well.

bleed yourself, and have your blood, for only then can the worst be satisfied - you have your blood, and are fulfilled.

showmasters may not be perfect, but unlike wolf they have permitted discussion of this, and have even responded to it. i don't worship them, but i respect them.

they certainly don't run a mongrel board where they lead the pack.

i wont tell you what i see, coz it is'nt a sense of humor!

Good Call !!!

I cant believe this is still going on !

What i do find funny is how much time Rowan has on his/her hands.

Seriosuly... 120 or so posts all looking for something to gain some tiny piece of smugness from a situation where they have been basically done out of £100

If you were to get mugged, i bet you're the sort of person who'd blame the police for not getting there quick enough. Ignore the bastards that robbed you