Guest announcement - DAVID HEWLETT

showmasters

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I love Stargate Atlantis.

I was gob smacked when the first Stargate guest was annouced and when more were added I was speachless.

AMAZING guest.

LFCC2 is going to be amazing. Meeting the Atlantis guests and the Alien guests.

I better start saving my money as I am going to get loads of signatures from ALL of these people.

Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You

:P

Edited by BluebizzieB

After Rainbow was announced I was hoping SM might try to get the main 5 and here they are with 4 of the 5, just need Rachel and I will be able to complete my cast photo in 1 day :P

Just realised though that if they get Paul McGillion I will have to get a new cast photo as it only has Joe, Rainbow, Rachel, Torri and David on it :wacko:

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

I thought this was an Aleins reunion thing, but I'm certainly not complaining its taking me years to start seeing some of the SG1 guests and now before they have even finished doing a single season of Stargate Atlantis in this country you already have guests, and I mean loads of guests from the show..........COOL Thanks SMS

LLAP :wacko:

After Rainbow was announced I was hoping SM might try to get the main 5 and here they are with 4 of the 5, just need Rachel and I will be able to complete my cast photo in 1 day ;)

Just realised though that if they get Paul McGillion I will have to get a new cast photo as it only has Joe, Rainbow, Rachel, Torri and David on it :D

Has Joe been announced too? Where do I go to find that?

I would be so excited if I didn't already have a ticket to another Stargate event the same weekend! Why oh why do you have Stargate guests for the first time when I can't go!

Because they are trying to ***** the competition and don't care if the fans get caught in the crossfire.

No, booking Stargate guests is fair enough, going out to book the SAME Stargate guests as other events is dirty tactics. And booking Stargate guests for a weekend when they didn't clash with another event would allow more fans to see them, AND mean more money for Showmasters and the guests...

As for con prices, do your sums. It depends how many autographs you want to get, but bear in mind that if you go to an organised con you can get an autograph off each guest FREE. You could very easily end up spending more money at Showmasters. And you'll get free guest talks at the con as well...

Personally I only go to signing events for a single day and I am only interested in meeting the guest, having a photo with them and getting their autograph, talks and having dinner with them doesnt interest me so the type of event SM runs it perfect for me.

Now if they didnt get stargate guests because a stargate convention was on the same day I could understand it but if SM are able to sign up stargate guests then I dont see any reason why they shouldnt just because a stargate event is on the same weekend, sure alot of Stargate fans will be at the other event and will miss out on Torri, Joe and the others but there will also be Stargate fans at LFCC who will miss out on the guests at the other event so no matter what, you will be missing out on someone that is unless you are mega rich and travel to both events lol

In the end its all down to the organisers to make an offer the guests will accept and I know if I was a guest I would go to the place making the best offer, after all its all down to money and 99% of the time will go where ever is offering the most.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

They could have scheduled LFFC on another weekend rather than on the same one a rival con was already announced on, so allowing those who wanted to to attend both events. They could also only go for guests that where not booked at other cons, so giving fans more choice of guests.

They choose to go into direct competition and to poach guests.

Contracts... not clear what the situation is there in all the cases involved. But it appears that some parties are willing to break them if the price is right. For me the issue is not that anyway, it's that none of this is for the benifit of the fans, or the guests.