Rutger Hauer

theoden_of_rohan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Rutger was at C2 I think, and signing for his charity , can't remember what it was called now, but got a blade runner and a ladyhawke 10 x 8's signed by him.

I seem to remember he had a bit of a grumpy PA with him though, who was snatching the photos etc off you.

And Rutger was a bit jet lagged I think.

The Starfish Foundation.

I saw the photos of that CM and also his view on the convention onnhis official site I think. He seemed surprised that so many people wanted to meet him lol.

945956[/snapback]

Ah yes, that's the one, The Starfish Foundation. I'm surprised he was surprised that so many people wanted to meet him, whilst he is not really an A List actor, he certainly has been in some great B movies and I would imagine has a cult following.

• 1 year later...

I like the Paul Verhoeven classic, Flesh + Blood. C3 or whatever was ages ago, need him back.

I'm starting to like your taste in films Nicky :) Yes, Mr Hauer would be fantastic. "All those moments... lost.. in time... like tears... in rain.". What a speech. If only Harrison Ford would come over as well....

Edited by MikeDonovan

• 2 months later...

I like the Rutger Hauer/Paul Verhoeven collaborations, not only Flesh + Blood (1985) but also:

Turkish Delight (1973)

Katie Tippel (1975)

Soldier of Orange (1977)

Spetters (1980)

I'm guessing there arent many people here familiar with his Dutch films though? I've only just seen them all recently in the Paul Verhoeven Collection DVD Boxset.

Edited by nicky

Please get Rutger back :D

I NEED TO MEET HIM!!!!!!!!!

Its been around 5 and a half years since he did C2! Pleeeeeeeeease!

Just get him! He's still doing big films like Sin City and Batman Begins, .... lots of people would want to meet him. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase!

He's so brilliant, I NEED TO MEET HIM!

3 of my fave films in the 80's have Rutger in!

Do you understand me here? I NEED TO MEET HIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Blade Runner guests – a reunion would be amazing!

I think we missed the boat on that one now seeing as we're in 2008 - the 25th anniversary has come and gone and that was our best chance of a reunion.

I set up a thread sometime last year suggesting a BR reunion for the anniversary but not sure if SM considered it but seeing how important, iconic and influencial the film is I can't imagine they'd dismiss it as being unworthy (?)...or maybe it doesn't have that many fans in the UK as SM would like to risk?