LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - Andie Tong

• Showmasters Admin

We are pleased to announce our latest guest for London Film and Comic Con:

Andie Tong: Andie Tong's comic industry work includes sequentials for the titles Spectacular Spiderman, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Khenan: Mad Secret, Noble Causes, and pin ups for Blade of the Immortal, Bloodrayne, Twilight Men and Starship Troopers.

Andie has also done commercial work for Nike, Mforma, Universal, CBS, Hasbro's Duelmasters game, and

illustrations for Whitewolf's "Exalted" fantasy gaming books.

Andie currently continues to work for Marvel on Spectacular Spiderman and for Mirage Studios on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

andietong.jpg

tmnt_covercolor.jpg

specspidey_136_00_color.jpg

specspidey_131_cover_color.jpg

• Like 1

any idea if will be charging for the auto?

Might get to sign my sketchbook from college :YAHOO:

loves marvel :blush:

I have met him before...

He is very chatty and polite

Head Sketches £5 , Full body £10 - both pencil

Pen pics £20...

Check out his sketch book the pictures of Spiderman are awesome

hey everyone, i've just been pointed out that i've been announced so i'll try and clarify some prices, etc....

no, i won't be charging for autographs... (unless of course u come to me with 300 books to sign) :) then i'll have to have some charge... heh...

prices are as follows

head to chest sketch is £5.00, but for £7.00 u get a free sketchbook.

7945.jpg

full body sketch is £10.00, but for £11.00 u get a free sketchbook

7946.jpg

sketchbook is £5.00, but for £7.00 u get a free head to chest sketch OR for £11.00 a full body sketch

7948.jpg

7949.jpg

i won't be doing any £20 inked commissions unfortunately.

i can sketch anything u want as long as i remember it. sci fi, heroes, fantasy, you, whatever. i have a vast collection of characters in my head but worse case scenario is if i don't remember it, just show me a reference or borrow it from a retailer next door, so if u read this before the con, don't forget to bring a reference of your favourite character. also i won't have any envelopes or plastic sleeves for the finished artwork, so be prepared and bring some! :D

do come by to say hi tho if nothing else. :) i've got original artwork for sale (starting from a lowly low price of £1...say what??? yup, believe it), some limited comic books, and my port folio is free to view... and to buy if u're really, really interested. :)

look out for this sign below. depending on the set up of the show, it'll either be hanging on a backboard behind me or infront of the table i'll be sitting. thanks guys. hope to see u there!

7947.jpg

Edited by andie

Can you do Aspen sketch on a sketch book

u're talkin aspen from fathom comics? if so, yea, should be able to swing that. just bring a reference tho just in case. :)

Thats right Michael Turners work and can't wait now to meet you. Thinks what reference material I should bring with me.

I think I will be there too, Id like a drawing of me if I feel brave enough! Im shy! :D

i can sketch anything u want as long as i remember it. sci fi, heroes, fantasy, you, whatever. i have a vast collection of characters in my head but worse case scenario is if i don't remember it, just show me a reference or borrow it from a retailer next door, so if u read this before the con, don't forget to bring a reference of your favourite character. also i won't have any envelopes or plastic sleeves for the finished artwork, so be prepared and bring some! :D

Edited by liamsgirl

thanks everyone for all the positive comments! i do hope to see u guys at my table, just to say hi at least. :) let me know what u think of my work...u know...an artist always needs a little bit of ego stroking for fuel to the fire.... :( i'll try and answer some of the questions posted....

I think I will be there too, Id like a drawing of me if I feel brave enough! Im shy! :dance:

i'm shy too. we can both be shy together. so i'll see u there then... :(

How much is multiple bodies, say two or three people in the same picture.. or is that asking too much :chair:

well, no, not asking too much at all. we're artist, we try to accommodate as best we can. :(

it'll unfortunately just be an add on cause as it is, convention sketches are waaay reduced from my normal commission prices. so for example, if u want 3 multiple bodies and u want a sketchbook, it will be £11 plus £10 plus £10. or if u want 3 multiple bodies plus 3 sketchbooks, it'll be £11 X 3. hope that's clear. but make sure u get to me at the start of the show. i start my sketch list early and i'm pretty booked out by 12pm. so if u miss me on saturday i'm always available on sunday.

for example, if u come to me at 5pm to ask for 3 full body sketches, i might have to say no, cause i'll probably have a full lists to get thru before the show ends.

in previous conventions, i've stopped accepting sketches at about 3pm, just to give u a rough idea.

a sketch may take about 15 mins to finish. so 3 full bodies will roughly take 45 mins. this is of course i'm not stopping to chat and mingle with people at the table, etc. so please please account for all that.

any more questions, ask away! :dance: happy to oblige.

So £11 for a sketchbook and a full body sketch and free for your signature in the sketchbook? yeah :( really wanna check out your art as well :dance:

yep, yep! :chair: see u then.

In that case, can I just ask a quick question..? When you sketch someone, can you make them into some kind of character? Thats technically two questions! By the way, your work is great! :chair:

thank u kindly. appreciate it. :)

yes, i can. but please remember, i'm a comic artist and unfortunately i don't do caricartures. i'll do my best to use some elements to make it u, but if u're looking for exagerated caricartures, unfortunately i won't be able to accommodate.

but yes, an answer to ur question, i can make u whoever u wanna be. but it will mean u have to likely stand there for a few minutes while i sketch u out. u game? :chair:

also remember, if it's some character i have no recollection of, u'll best be bringing a character reference just in case. ;)