Question about autographs?

Avengers7

I have a few questions that I would appreciate an answer from Showmasters about. Hopefully as the event is only a month away they will be able to inform us paying ticket holders about their decision.

- Will we get six autographs from specific guests, and have to pay for the rest?

- Will we get six autographs from whichever guests we want, and have to pay for the rest?

- Will we actually get one free autograph from every guest?

- "1 exclusive convention photo of all the guests attending". Is this a 10x8 of each of them, or a group photo with all of them in? Will this be available before the autograph session?

Edited by vampireslayer3

- "1 exclusive convention photo of all the guests attending". Is this a 10x8 of each of them, or a group photo with all of them in? Will this be available before the autograph session?

Thats 8x10s i believe, since in the gold pass description it says: Exclusive group photo session with you and the guests in attendance

Which is the gold pass exclusive picture with with all the guests.

The 8x10s will be in the registration pack i presume, like the ones at Eclipse.

I would also like to know if we get our autos from specific guests or are we allowed to choose? Or do we get one from everyone?

Edited by Emmeh

I have a few questions that I would appreciate an answer from Showmasters about. Hopefully as the event is only a month away they will be able to inform us paying ticket holders about their decision.

- Will we get six autographs from specific guests, and have to pay for the rest?

- Will we get six autographs from whichever guests we want, and have to pay for the rest?

I'd like to know the answers to these questions too actually and in fairness Vampireslayer3 did ask these questions before and I don't believe she got an answer.

I'm thrilled that the event now has so many wonderful actors attending I really am, it's an impressive line up but I would like confirmation as to how the autographs work.

People like to plan what they're going to bring to get signed in advance and also we need to know how to budget if it is the case that we can only get 6 autographs and the rest are £10/15/20 each.

In addition I would be grateful if you could let me know whether people can buy additional autographs from the guests and how much they will be.

I think it would be very helpful if Jason and co could let us know the answers asap so that we can spread the word - will hopefully save the staff from having to repeat the rules over and over during the convention.

I'm adding my voice to those who are requesting clarification on the autograph issue. I've been approached by more than one friend from my side of the pond asking me to get things signed for them, so the questions of how this all works and what (if any) limit is placed on the number of autographs one can get from any guest are important, especially to n00bs like me. :unsure:

At Eclipse (so certainly not a guaranteed answer), there was a limit of 2 auto's per guest. Only a guideline as I say, because guests and number of attendees will have an impact!

Thanks for giving us some sort of idea, at least. It's better to be more conservative in planning for this sort of thing, rather than less so. :)

An autograph from up to 6 guests.

Photo shoot from every guest.

Based on previous cons, additional ones are paid for on the day and pics will be there.

So hopefully, I can choose which 6 guests to have autos from and pay extra on the day.

However, I've just read the Massive Events Hub wbsite and it says Autograph rules and restrictions are still to come.

Edited by reddragon

Will buying autographs be up on the online shop? Only it says on the letter about your tickets that photo shoot tickets that have been purchased and autograph tickets will be in registration pack or do you buy the autograph tickets on the day? Hope I've made sense.

Additional autograph tickets won't be pre-sold in the shop, you need to buy those on the day.

You'll get some sheet in the registration pack where your free autographs that come with the entry ticket will be marked as obtained.

Thank you. :thumbup:

• Showmasters Admin

I will see if I can find this out for you soon.

I believe that the last one is a group shot of all the attending guests, but I'm not aware of it including the attendee. This comes from it saying "1 exclusive convention photo of all the guests attending" not "1 exclusive convention photo WITH all the guests attending". It will likely be available once printed, which will not be until at least the end of the first day. The first day will be the first chance they will have to take it so I can't see it being available before that.

As far as the number of autographs allowed. At Eclipse we ran a one free and one paid for extra policy on your first time through. I believe we will do the same at the Hub. This means the maximum you can get from one guest on your first time through the queue is two.

Once everyone has gone through we will then put extra autographs on sale and you can go through again. The amount of time for this will depend upon how quickly the guest gets through all the attendees the first time around.

I will see if I can find this out for you soon.

I believe that the last one is a group shot of all the attending guests, but I'm not aware of it including the attendee. This comes from it saying "1 exclusive convention photo of all the guests attending" not "1 exclusive convention photo WITH all the guests attending". It will likely be available once printed, which will not be until at least the end of the first day. The first day will be the first chance they will have to take it so I can't see it being available before that.

As far as the number of autographs allowed. At Eclipse we ran a one free and one paid for extra policy on your first time through. I believe we will do the same at the Hub. This means the maximum you can get from one guest on your first time through the queue is two.

Once everyone has gone through we will then put extra autographs on sale and you can go through again. The amount of time for this will depend upon how quickly the guest gets through all the attendees the first time around.

Thank you so much for this answer. The picture is becoming clearer, and that is always helpful. :firedevil:

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

Sorry not to clear this up earlier. We wanted to make this event as fantastic for you as possible and with that in mind we wanted to get you lots of guest who would be included in the programe admission. I know the website says you will get a maximum of 6, but we thought 10 sounded like a better number on this occasion! :YAHOO: Therefore :

1). You will get 1 free autograph from each guest announced so far. (That is the 10 that we already have announced).

2). You will be able to purchase extra autographs, on top of the free one that you receive with your programme admission, from each guest at the event. There may be a maximum number in place that you can get when you first go through the queue and then if time permits we will allow people to purchase more once everyone has got their free autographs. (The number of extra autographs that people can purchase will depend on how long it takes for everyone to get the free autograph that the programme admission entitles you to! Obviously we will be as accommodating as we can)!

3). Photo shoot tickets are available in advance through the online store. Photo shoot tickets will also be available to purchase at the event.

4). Extra autograph tickets will only be available at the event, and are not available online in advance.

5). The Silver pass holders will receive a group photo of the guests in attendance. This will be made available as soon as we can have it done and processed, although that may not be until Saturday afternoon. (If we can get it done before we will)! :poki:

6). Gold pass holders will have a photo shoot with all the guests in attendance at the time of the shoot. That means that you will be in the photo with the guests.

7). We are still working on getting some more guests for the event and although we cant say we defintely will have more guests, we also cant say we definitely wont! :P In the same way that 10th Planet have done in the past these would be sponsored guests whose autograph would not be included within the programme admission and would need to be purchased seperately on the day.

I think this answers everyones questions, If you have any others post them up in here and I will keep an eye out and answer as soon as I can.

Thanks everyone, and it's gonna be a great weekend! :YAHOO:

Mark :P

Hi everyone,

Sorry not to clear this up earlier. We wanted to make this event as fantastic for you as possible and with that in mind we wanted to get you lots of guest who would be included in the programe admission. I know the website says you will get a maximum of 6, but we thought 10 sounded like a better number on this occasion! :YAHOO: Therefore :

1). You will get 1 free autograph from each guest announced so far. (That is the 10 that we already have announced).

2). You will be able to purchase extra autographs, on top of the free one that you receive with your programme admission, from each guest at the event. There may be a maximum number in place that you can get when you first go through the queue and then if time permits we will allow people to purchase more once everyone has got their free autographs. (The number of extra autographs that people can purchase will depend on how long it takes for everyone to get the free autograph that the programme admission entitles you to! Obviously we will be as accommodating as we can)!

3). Photo shoot tickets are available in advance through the online store. Photo shoot tickets will also be available to purchase at the event.

4). Extra autograph tickets will only be available at the event, and are not available online in advance.

5). The Silver pass holders will receive a group photo of the guests in attendance. This will be made available as soon as we can have it done and processed, although that may not be until Saturday afternoon. (If we can get it done before we will)! :poki:

6). Gold pass holders will have a photo shoot with all the guests in attendance at the time of the shoot. That means that you will be in the photo with the guests.

7). We are still working on getting some more guests for the event and although we cant say we defintely will have more guests, we also cant say we definitely wont! :P In the same way that 10th Planet have done in the past these would be sponsored guests whose autograph would not be included within the programme admission and would need to be purchased seperately on the day.

I think this answers everyones questions, If you have any others post them up in here and I will keep an eye out and answer as soon as I can.

Thanks everyone, and it's gonna be a great weekend! :YAHOO:

Mark :P

Thank you, Mark! Your news is both clear and brilliant. (At least, it is to me.) :P