announce guests asap!

Ring Con was disappointing but lets not allow this to happen here. The more guests booked then the more people will come to the event and buy tickets. Andy Serkis was the only guest announced so it was no wonder Ring Con did not set the world alight.

Lets get some guests in and make this event awesome and not a LOST cause. (excuse the pun couldnt help it)

This event could be fantastic.

would be good to get another guest announced but as said in previous threads there going as fast as they can. :lol: until contracts are signed , agreed and confirmed then theres nothing they can do im afraid. :smile:

henry's a great guest and im sure this wont turn out like another show, as apperently according to dark ufo forums or whatever the tickets selling well :huh: so i wouldnt worry about it its gonna be an amazing event with or without more guests hehe ;)

hope that helps :D

Edited by nikstar1989

• Moderators

As with any other convention, it tends to work both ways - guests are announced so people get tickets, but the more tickets that are bought the more guests they can afford. It's not like a Collectormania or anything.

Anyway, I think it's clear that with Eclipse and Lockdown things are being organised a lot better than with another show i.e. there's a website, tickets are on sale, information has been clearly given, questions are answered, Eclipse already has two guests and Lockdown one .. and all are very good calibre ones that haven't appeared at SM events before.

So while I understand you wanting it to be better than another show, it's not going to be a simple case of getting more guests. There's the whole package to take into consideration, and so far so good.

I agree with David : the more tickets sold, the more guests we have, that is the way conventions work. I trust Showmasters in being able to bring up a great line-up.

That said, I'll book only after the 20th of october as I have no money left currently.

Which makes "too many SM cons acceptable ? You have said in the past that there is no obligation on us to go to all the SM shows, now you are sort of saying so many SM shows is ok given that "a lot" of people (yourself included) don't do rival shows ????

How long does it take you to pick the splinters out of your backside each night Dave ?

Edited by dufresne

• Moderators

Was there any need for the last comment? If you don't agree with me then that's fine, but there's no need for that.

I know people that go to every single con from other organisers, and then moan that Showmasters are doing too many cons and they can't go to all of those as well. It all comes down to individuals and what they choose to prioritise, that's all.

If people such as yourself want to go to many different ones, you find a way. I'm not even sure what your point is really.

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone! :D

Just to let you know that I understand the desire for more guests to be announced, but please do bear in mind that the tickets have only been on sale for just over a week!

That being said, I am already quite a way down the road on negotiations with 2 more guests, both of which I hope to be able to announce fairly soon should things go to plan! :YAHOO:

Those of you who know me will already know that I will not let you down with the calibre of guests or entertainment planned for the events weekend. I plan to make our conventions the most fun in the business and I thank you all for your support and look forward to partying with you! :P

Mark :D

Hi everyone! :D

Just to let you know that I understand the desire for more guests to be announced, but please do bear in mind that the tickets have only been on sale for just over a week!

That being said, I am already quite a way down the road on negotiations with 2 more guests, both of which I hope to be able to announce fairly soon should things go to plan! :YAHOO:

Those of you who know me will already know that I will not let you down with the calibre of guests or entertainment planned for the events weekend. I plan to make our conventions the most fun in the business and I thank you all for your support and look forward to partying with you! :P

Mark :D

You have no idea how excited that post has made me! I don't know why but I feel all hyped again.

*Humph*..... 173 days and counting......

Edited by Lambourne

Personally I too am anxious to see more guests announced but totally aware that April is some time away, it takes time to get more guests etc..so I can understand why no other guests has been announced yet. It isn't all that easy :). It is the waiting game that is so hard sometimes hehe.

I am not a con veteran by any means but know ppl who have been to several cons with different companies. They told me too that it is not an easy task to get guests. They alsko know the Showmasters company and said they normally run solid cons so that to me sounds good enough.

I live in Norway so it is very unlikely for me to meet ANY of the Lost cast at all outside a con so even if I got my own hope who will be guest from the show, ANYONE from the show would be a thrill to me to meet :jason:

Hi everyone! :chair:

Those of you who know me will already know that I will not let you down with the calibre of guests or entertainment planned for the events weekend. I plan to make our conventions the most fun in the business and I thank you all for your support and look forward to partying with you! :chair:

Mark :chair:

OMG hehe 2more guests ...

am i sensing a skate moment?

:) hehe :o

Hi everyone! :YAHOO:

That being said, I am already quite a way down the road on negotiations with 2 more guests, both of which I hope to be able to announce fairly soon should things go to plan! :firedevil:

Those of you who know me will already know that I will not let you down with the calibre of guests or entertainment planned for the events weekend. I plan to make our conventions the most fun in the business and I thank you all for your support and look forward to partying with you! :dance:

Mark :dance:

:jason::pyth:

i'm so happy :YAHOO:

i hope you could do it

thank for this new info :dance:

I agree with David : the more tickets sold, the more guests we have, that is the way conventions work. I trust Showmasters in being able to bring up a great line-up.

That said, I'll book only after the 20th of october as I have no money left currently.

You also have to speculate to accumulate dont you??

That being said, I am already quite a way down the road on negotiations with 2 more guests, both of which I hope to be able to announce fairly soon should things go to plan! :chair:

Those of you who know me will already know that I will not let you down with the calibre of guests or entertainment planned for the events weekend. I plan to make our conventions the most fun in the business and I thank you all for your support and look forward to partying with you! :chair:

Now thats what im talking about lol

Great news, cant wait.

That being said, I am already quite a way down the road on negotiations with 2 more guests, both of which I hope to be able to announce fairly soon should things go to plan! :chair:

And yes I will buy a ticket if the guests are good, i will put money where the mouth is :)

• Moderators

It's just nice to see a more professional and solid approach to building up these new conventions compared to another show. I think people will feel a lot more secure and have faith in these shows regardless of what happened with the LOTR one, you know?

So yes, as much as we'd all love more guests, it's nice to see an all-round package forming straight away, not just speculation. After all, it's nice to have aims and hopes, but they need to be backed up with definite plans too - and from what I've seen so far, they definitely are.

Also, generally with conventions, the guests announced closer to the event are more likely to be there. (Since if they're booked now they don't necessarily know what their schedule will look like in the hiatus. If they're booked in March then they really should.)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! -_-

That being said, I am already quite a way down the road on negotiations with 2 more guests, both of which I hope to be able to announce fairly soon should things go to plan! :unsure:

Mark :P

Any more news on the second guest? I know it was only 3 weeks a go that Andrew was announced and if it had gone through you would have probably announced them but was wondering if negotiations were still going on or if the guest pulled out etc.

Sorry for being nosey I'm just bored.

Edited by Lambourne

• Moderators

If they have news, they'll be announced. There's not much point asking for updates etc - negotiations are always ongoing, they can't say 'oh we're negotiating with such and such' or whatever .. all you can do is wait so please do :poki:

If they have news, they'll be announced. There's not much point asking for updates etc - negotiations are always ongoing, they can't say 'oh we're negotiating with such and such' or whatever .. all you can do is wait so please do :D

Hey, i'm not the one who started this topic! :lol: Just Kidding! :D But yeah all we can do is wait. And it doesn't matter how much we ask and ask and ask, its not ganna change anything they will get guests when they can they can't go any faster! so just wait and see it should be worth it. :D

• 1 month later...