This years event

14 hours ago, Matt Thornton said:

I'm sure this question has been asked before but will tickets that were purchased for the events previously planned in 2020 (entry, diamond passes, autographs, photos etc) still be valid for the 2021 event if it does indeed go ahead?

Yes.  I'm not sure how it will work with Eventbrite, but with other con companies ticket sites, they auto updated when they opened their shops again.

I see that the website has been updated and the Guests are now shown in a different format. Also notice that there seems to be quite a few guests now missing (Karen Allen for example even though she’s still on the front screen) but I haven’t seen any “official” cancellation posts.

**Edit**

I think there needs to be more work done with the new design as if you go to the guests via the “More” option on the front screen, you see loads, compared with going via the “Guests” menu option.

Edited by melliott1963

I see that it’s now possible to buy/pre-order autographs from guests on the website (as in autographs at the event, not sendin preorders or those included with passes) - will there be an announcement soon about how this is going to work in practice?

Are these autos going to be somehow guaranteed or work similar to VQ, will this be the only way to buy autos or will They be Available at the event aswell? How Will the priority work?

Edited by benweblight

4 hours ago, benweblight said:

I see that it’s now possible to buy/pre-order autographs from guests on the website (as in autographs at the event, not sendin preorders or those included with passes) - will there be an announcement soon about how this is going to work in practice?

Are these autos going to be somehow guaranteed or work similar to VQ, will this be the only way to buy autos or will They be Available at the event aswell? How Will the priority work?

Although they have a “Buy Now” button on the website, when you go through to Eventbrite, there aren’t actually any autos available to buy, just photos and diamond passes (and entry and talks). As it’s a new website my guess (and it is just my guess) is that they still have a few things to iron out and that button shouldn’t be there on the auto section. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, benweblight said:

16 hours ago, Wrong Name said:

Although they have a “Buy Now” button on the website, when you go through to Eventbrite, there aren’t actually any autos available to buy, just photos and diamond passes (and entry and talks). As it’s a new website my guess (and it is just my guess) is that they still have a few things to iron out and that button shouldn’t be there on the auto section. 

I agree with Wrong.  It's always possible they might one day try it again but as it's a function that's only on a few and not most of the guest pages and as it takes you to an area that requires a password, I'm guessing it's an error.

Seems like they are adding a Lot of British Guests to the event, my concern know is that it will go ahead sans the international guest. but due to the whole " The guest is unable to attend but the event is still on so no refund on entry" spiel, people will have to swallow the cost of the entry, or attend a show that they no longer have any interest in....

On the note of the New Website I hope they put the Direct Forum Button back.

35 minutes ago, scifisteve said:

Seems like they are adding a Lot of British Guests to the event, my concern know is that it will go ahead sans the international guest. but due to the whole " The guest is unable to attend but the event is still on so no refund on entry" spiel, people will have to swallow the cost of the entry, or attend a show that they no longer have any interest in....

On the note of the New Website I hope they put the Direct Forum Button back.

I thought this as well, but they have previously stated that if people who bought tickets to the 2020 events want a refund, they can get it after the 2021 event, as long as they don’t use the tickets. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wrong Name said:

I thought this as well, but they have previously stated that if people who bought tickets to the 2020 events want a refund, they can get it after the 2021 event, as long as they don’t use the tickets. 

Thanks for that, will have to look for that post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2021 at 7:32 PM, mark worton said:

I am not able to attend this years event but bought tickets for last year. I have informed them via e-mail 2 months ago but heard nothing back don't want them expecting me to attend & keeping the payment.

Unfortunately you won't be able to get a refund if you're unable to go, IF the con gets cancelled or postponed, then you'll get a refund. 

16 hours ago, Namine said:

Unfortunately you won't be able to get a refund if you're unable to go, IF the con gets cancelled or postponed, then you'll get a refund. 

As they bought tickets for last year, the con HAS been postponed, so they should be entitled to a refund.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wrong Name said:

As they bought tickets for last year, the con HAS been postponed, so they should be entitled to a refund.

I have received vouchers last week for my entry tickets but heard nothing about the photo shoots I'd booked 

• Like 1

I Think They may wait on that until the event as if the guests Cancel the Photo Tickets get refunded automatically, or if they rebook for next event the tickets will usually carry over, if you can not make that event, then you would then contact them