Do Diamond Passes guarantee personalised autographs?

On 4/9/2018 at 8:43 PM, robmoriarty said:

you can't put a price on that feeling, just like the first time I met Kate Mulgrew, Terry Farrell and Jeri Ryan...:wub:

First time, I met Jeri we were given instructions like no personalised autograph, no chattingand other things and never told why, just would have been nice to know.

Late to the party, but...

From a sheer logistical point of view, someone signing their name only (for instance) can take 2 seconds. It's a practiced art. They've done it hundreds if not thousands of times in their life and the pen just flows.

Writing an unfamiliar name can take another 30 seconds, more if there's an unusual spelling or if they make a mistake and have to start again.

Every personalisation can mean that 2 attendees don't get to meet the guest (long time crew here, I'm talking from actual experience).

Now, I do *completely* agree that personalisation is awesome. I've got many over the years made out to me and it does add that extra something, but at the end of the day I also appreciate that there's more than just me wanting to meet the guest.

As I've said before, if you had ticket number 900, you'd be glad there are no personalisations in place today...

Just another side to the discussion, no offence or pointed jabs meant at anyone.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

I'm holding out hope for a Cumberlisation one day Ptenbob.  Your words are wise!  People say it doesn't take long but it does add up.

Considering how long it takes to write his name out, even with a life time of practise, I don't think you're gonna get lucky on that one!

2 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

Considering how long it takes to write his name out, even with a life time of practise, I don't think you're gonna get lucky on that one!

It has happened though, there were a handful of people who got a personalization from him at LFCC 2016 so maybe if I wish really really hard it could happen.

4 hours ago, wjbleming said:

Alas, 1 person actually did if memory serves, our own Rob Moriarty! So it's possible. Unlikely, but possible. :smile:

I'd have preferred the personalisation to keep in theme with my entire autograph collection to date, but I guess a RT article and mild Twitter frenzy will just about suffice as 2nd prize... *sigh*^_^

Edited by robmoriarty

4 minutes ago, robmoriarty said:

I'd have preferred the personalisation to keep in theme with my entire autograph collection to date, but I guess a RT article and mild Twitter frenzy will just about suffice as 2nd prize... *sigh*^_^

Ah, sorry, Rob, thought id remembered you mentioning it was personalised.

6 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Ah, sorry, Rob, thought id remembered you mentioning it was personalised.

DF72bwuXYAYJZ3e.jpg:large

Sadly not. In many ways it made my line better. Had he personalised I'd have gone with "I'm amazed you have personalised, especially given my surname."
As he didn't I went with "it's probably just as well you didn't personalise," etc...

Moriartys, you see. Always thinking at least two steps ahead of everyone else...:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1