Diamond Pass Numbering and Queuing Rules

As we are now getting close to the event, I just wondered if I could ask someone in the know (Raylenth, QS?) about the principles for Diamond Passes. First experience with DPs this year.

I am attending only on Friday and Saturday (moving house on Monday, so Sunday is a no go). I have DPs for Tom Skerritt and Terence Stamp. My 10 year old son has DPs for Tom Wilson and Christopher Lloyd. I bought all the DPs ages ago (as far back as January / February in some cases) to make sure I got low numbers. I just wanted some guidance as to whether I should in theory get low enough numbers not to have a problem with getting the autos on the two days I am there. My feeling is that I should be ok but I suppose I wanted some reassurance that I wont have major problems? I will be collecting them tomorrow so can post the DP numbers here after.....

I also wanted to ask how stringent SM are with making sure the DPs are given out in the correct number order? I bought Tom Skerrit and Christopher Lloyd pretty much the day they were released, so if I am not in the first 25 - 50, I will be shocked!

Also, as I am attending with my 10 year old son, I am assuming it is ok for us to be in the queue together for eachother's DPs. I think I emailed Chantelle at the shop about this back in January and she was fine with it because he is under 12 but I am asking again anyway!? I have brought extra tickets for talks etc, so that we can both attend together. Not sure what the protocol has been in the past with others attending with kids and whether they have any experiences to share?

Thanks guys - I know you have always got some helpful advice ready and waiting!!

I got my Jeremy Renner and Dolph Lungdren dp last year pretty much as soon as announced and got 19 and 20 for Jeremy and 7 and 8 i beleive for Folph so seems like their number is allocated very accurately when purchased..that being said depends how many other people go on straight away and order too.  but what I am saying is seems to be allocated correctly.

also DP guarantees auto so shouldnt be a problem :)

I was wondering similar. I'm only going Saturday but have a DP for Finn Jones. Obviously I know the DP is meant to spread across the three days, but the talk and my photo are on the Sat. I purchased my DP in February so hoping I got it early enough that I can get my auto on Saturday. 

• Like 1

just asking so I know... doesn't apply for myself as going all days.... but for talking sake someone only going on the friday or only sat and had high diamond pass number... would they need to speak to crew to try get their auto?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ricksta said:

I also wanted to ask how stringent SM are with making sure the DPs are given out in the correct number order? I bought Tom Skerrit and Christopher Lloyd pretty much the day they were released, so if I am not in the first 25 - 50, I will be shocked!

To be totally honest, I have also wondered about this. Be interesting to hear other experiences etc. With only attending one day, I've been put off with the DP's... but pulled the trigger when Mads was announced, like literally 12 minutes after the announcement. Curious as to what number I'll be picking up on Saturday.

p.s wishing you the best of luck with the house move. 

Edited by Admiral Ackbar

I've had 3 DPs in the past and they've called all DPs on all days for them.  If you're there on Friday then I'd be surprised if you aren't called.

That said, I don't work here, so I'm only going on past experience!

Hi Ricksta and everyone.  SM are very good and I can assure you that they do assign the diamond passes in the order they were purchased.  The challenge would be if a few people bought at the same time, I don't know how they deal with that but in any case you are only talking a few numbers so it's not going to have a significant difference.

With regards the auto days thing, there is a risk if you have a very high number and only go Friday or Saturday that your number might not be called on those days.  If that were to happen you can speak to the crew and ask if they can help you through before your number has been called and they will oblige if they can.

In reality it's not usually an issue for most of the guests as they storm through them. Renner met a lot of VQ ticket holders and so did Mads last year when his pass sold out.  There are however some guests when it has been an issue and they have only met a selection of pass holders each day so the opportunity for slipping people in would have been slim.  Weaver, for example.  This year we do have guests who are known to be very slow so their queues might be constantly full - Lloyd and RDA for example.

I have never heard of pass holders not getting their autos (England was an issue but there was a problem there) and there will have been plenty who where only there a day or 2.  So realistically you should be fine, but there is a risk however small that you might not be.  It's a small risk but it does exist and something to be aware of if you are purchasing a Diamond and not attending for the whole weekend.

Unfortunately no one can give complete assurances because there may be occasions when a high pass holder attends Friday or Saturday and cannot get through.

As others have said Friday is the better day to try because it is quieter.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

Ricksta, I don't think you will have any issues at all having bought that long ago.  Crew should be understanding of your sons age as well but as you have purchased your tickets together again it shouldn't be an issue.

If you want to join him in a queue you don't have a ticket for and vice versa you would need to get a VQ but if you explain to the crew you are only accompanying him up again vice versa they should be ok with that.

Thanks all for your comments, which are helpful. Yes, my plan is to get the autos on Friday, when it is quieter. Got quite a few talks and photos on Saturday, so won't have quite so much time then anyway.

Hopefully see some of you there. My 10 yo son will be wearing his BTTF cap and red jacket, so keep an eye out for us!!!

• Like 1