Food options

Once I found a stall selling these bad boys:

81esTKPTQzL._SY355_.jpg

That was my food consumption for the weekend.

The Sunday evening sugar crash was a sight to behold....

I feel nauseous just seeing this...

Can a mod confirm for me whether blasphemy to this extent could be considered a bannable offense?

Hello yes moderators I am feeling personally victimized.

As the person with an allergy pass the size of a small pocket book I sympathize, totally. But while I am envious some people can eat this: unless all food stalls at the events get censored there's not much I can do but say I understand... :angel:

I got my lunch from a cafe on the first floor last year.

(It was near the Sy Fy 360 cam area).

Then went for drinks and a Cheeky Nando's afterwards with cosplayers I met on the day.

I'll probably bring something like a pastie and an energy drink for this year's.

Probably play it by ear where to go afterwards on the Friday-Sunday, but possibly steak & chips at the Crown & Sceptre on the Saturday.

would recommend latimers bar,its only a five minute walk from the venue(on the hammersmith road),they do a great sausage and chips and not only do they do that kind of food they also have asian food as well where you can sit in and eat,would higly recommend latimers

81esTKPTQzL._SY355_.jpg

Can a mod confirm for me whether blasphemy to this extent could be considered a bannable offense?

It's not personal - it was just aimed at you due to your seemingly strong dislike of Dr. Pepper.....

(Okay that still makes it sound like it was personal......it wasn't! :angel: :angel: )

I'm on RoryMcGarrets side I never eat at events ok may be a chunky Kit Kat just as a nibble how ever I have a bit of a train trip before I get there and will stuff my face on board with something that I have brought from home which is normally a roll or two. This is something that I've done for years with no ill effects. May be I'm lucky that I can do this.

How ever I can not live with out having a cup coffee ! and I always carry a bottle of water in fact this year I will be taking 2 as it gets Bl@@DY HOT in there ! lol

I am SHOCKED beyond belief at what Namine said about breakfast £18 ? Did I read that right ? 18 quid ? What for ? Honestly ? A couple of rolls ? Some cold meats ? May be a boiled egg or two ? A bowl of birdcage sweepings ? ( you know what I'm talking about lol ) and I bet theres not even a good old English fry up in sight is there ? My God I am truly SHOCKED ! another 2 quid and you have a autograph !

Namine do some good old fashioned research and GO ELSE WHERE ! In fact I already have lol https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/RestaurantsNear-g186338-d193131-Hilton_London_Olympia-London_England.html

it's £18 for a buffet breakfast but still that's a lot to pay for at the Hilton Olympia.

There's a Tesco right across the road from the Olympia. That could probably hold you over for a while until you want a proper meal. There's a nice pizza place called Tops Pizza in Hammersmith, just around a 20-30 minute walk from the venue too. I'm staying in the Novotel London West and Tops is about a 10 minute walk from there. I went there after the con last year to take some food back to the hotel and it was great! :smile:

Edited by TrinityKiller24

I'm on RoryMcGarrets side I never eat at events ok may be a chunky Kit Kat just as a nibble how ever I have a bit of a train trip before I get there and will stuff my face on board with something that I have brought from home which is normally a roll or two. This is something that I've done for years with no ill effects. May be I'm lucky that I can do this.

How ever I can not live with out having a cup coffee ! and I always carry a bottle of water in fact this year I will be taking 2 as it gets Bl@@DY HOT in there ! lol

I am SHOCKED beyond belief at what Namine said about breakfast £18 ? Did I read that right ? 18 quid ? What for ? Honestly ? A couple of rolls ? Some cold meats ? May be a boiled egg or two ? A bowl of birdcage sweepings ? ( you know what I'm talking about lol ) and I bet theres not even a good old English fry up in sight is there ? My God I am truly SHOCKED ! another 2 quid and you have a autograph !

Namine do some good old fashioned research and GO ELSE WHERE ! In fact I already have lol https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/RestaurantsNear-g186338-d193131-Hilton_London_Olympia-London_England.html

it's £18 for a buffet breakfast but still that's a lot to pay for at the Hilton Olympia.

We had the breakfast included two years ago when we are staying on Points. It was definitely on the better side of Hotel breakfasts I have had over the years. They had some warm options too, but I really don't remember more than scrambled eggs and sausages. But worth 18 quid... not really. If you are a bigger breakfast eater than me maybe you'll think differently. There's a Costa Coffee next to the Lobby if you really need breakfast. ;)

81esTKPTQzL._SY355_.jpg

It's not personal - it was just aimed at you due to your seemingly strong dislike of Dr. Pepper.....

(Okay that still makes it sound like it was personal......it wasn't! :angel: :angel: )

Dr. Pepper is one matter. Those... things... look like they're another entirely.

81esTKPTQzL._SY355_.jpg

Dr. Pepper is one matter. Those... things... look like they're another entirely.

Would you care to enlighten me?

I feel as though consuming them would mean imminent death.

I survived!

If I see you wandering around looking hungry/in desperate need of sugar, I'll offer you one.....assuming I haven't eaten the entire pack within 13 seconds of opening them.

I survived!

If I see you wandering around looking hungry/in desperate need of sugar, I'll offer you one.....assuming I haven't eaten the entire pack within 13 seconds of opening them.

*ponders changing user title to Walking Dead from Sugar*

I survived!

If you see me looking like that, rest assured; that's just how my face looks. I can't help my natural air of desperation.

I survived!

If you see me looking like that, rest assured; that's just how my face looks. I can't help my natural air of desperation.

That was meant for tompain. :lol: He admitted consumption of those things. :P

Sorry for the stupid question but despite all the comments I'm still not sure and this is my first Con: is it allowed then to bring food and drinks from the outside (like sandwiches and a bottle of water) or is it "technically" not allowed but you can do as long as the people at the main door don't find out?

Thanks!!

Edited by KarenRoss