Sam Neill

Guests can and do cancel for a multitude of reasons but SM wouldn't have announced him if they didn't have an agreement in place. If Sam does need to cancel for any reason SM will make an announcement. As they haven't and my interpretation of the post is that he's joking, if not he may be filming but coming to LFCC when he's on down time.

Edited by Raylenth

Guests can and do cancel for a multitude of reasons but SM wouldn't have announced him if they didn't have an agreement in place. If Sam does need to cancel for any reason SM will make an announcement. As they haven't and my interpretation of the post is that he's joking.

He's made a couple of tweets about it now and it doesn't seem like he's joking. It maybe that his management have done a deal and not spoken with him about it, I'm sure it will be sorted one way or another soon.

Guests can and do cancel for a multitude of reasons but SM wouldn't have announced him if they didn't have an agreement in place. If Sam does need to cancel for any reason SM will make an announcement. As they haven't and my interpretation of the post is that he's joking.

He's made a couple of tweets about it now and it doesn't seem like he's joking. It maybe that his management have done a deal and not spoken with him about it, I'm sure it will be sorted one way or another soon.

One way or another that's going to surprise him then!

Thank you wrong name. Just needed someone to see it! I don't know whether he is joking but he replied to multiple people including myself. The above tweet is mine and why I was worried. Hope it can be sort one way or the other.

Guys, how many times did it happen the other way round in the last couple of months and guests announced they are attending or have to cancel on Twitter and SM hadn't been informed by the agents just yet?

I am sure there's just some information stuck on the way.

• Showmasters Admin

hi all

at this time i am going to leave this topic open but ask that you all leave the main topic clear of this issue as we really do not think there is a issue at this time .

we also ask you all to help us and now fuel speculation and as its Sunday and the agents will not be back in the office till Monday LA time we will not have any more info till then .

All i will say is we have permission to advertise Sam as a guest for LFCC and the deal has been totally agreed with his agent .

whatever happens we will informed you as soon as we know in the next few days and we never lie or joke about guests as most of you know so we will get into this soon and clear this up.

if for any reason Sam can no longer attend a full refund will be given but that this time we really do not think that it will end this way

thank you for your understanding

Jason

• Like 7

Sorry to go a bit off-topic here, but this reminds me of when Bruce Boxleitner was at Collectormania in 2008.

He didn't turn up until late afternoon because he was filming his scenes for Heroes in the States (some 5-8 hours behind the UK) then flew to the UK.

I remember he still posed for photos despite the queue, a photoshoot sesh, and the limited time he had.

Sorry to go a bit off-topic here, but this reminds me of when Bruce Boxleitner was at Collectormania in 2008.

He didn't turn up until late afternoon because he was filming his scenes for Heroes in the States (some 5-8 hours behind the UK) then flew to the UK.

I remember he still posed for photos despite the queue, a photoshoot sesh, and the limited time he had.

IIRC the same thing happened with Chris Judge a few years ago. He was about to get on his flight over when the studio recalled him to re shoot some Stargate scenes. He could have cancelled his appearance but after spending a few hours refilming he got another flight, arrived mid afternoon and then spent the rest of the weekend at the convention.

• Like 1

The moral of the story is to just wait and see. For all intents and purposes he is confirmed, so unless we hear otherwise we should take that as canon :)

(I am definitely one of those crossing my fingers he will be there... :) )

• Like 2

The moral of the story is to just wait and see. For all intents and purposes he is confirmed, so unless we hear otherwise we should take that as canon :)

(I am definitely one of those crossing my fingers he will be there... :) )

Well said, as I posted originally and SM have said in the other thread they do have him booked, they just need to speak to his management to find out what is going on but they don't make announcements unless they have a contract in place. Can you imagine what it would open them up to if they announced a guest without having an agreement in place - the guest could sue them for using their name to sell tickets when they weren't booked and claim a share of the profits in compensation!

Given the time difference and having to get it sorted SM will make a statement as soon as they can.

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

Hi Everyone

Ok its bad news i am sorry to say :-( late on Friday Sam was informed that the timings for the film he is going to be working on will have to change which means Sam will not be available to attend LFCC this summer now :-( .

We are working on another date and to see when it would work for him to attend in the future ,but at this time we will refund all guests related tickets in the next few days.

Once again thank you for your patience over this matter ,and the respect that you given Showmasters and Sam over this matter , in todays world of social media things move very very fast and sometimes things like weekends and office working hours and time zones do get in the way of getting the facts together so we can get you the truth as soon as we know it, so thank you all of seeing we are decent people here and things just happen we will try to give you you as much info as we can every time .

Again sorry Sam has had to drop out of the summer LFCC we were all looking forward to meeting him as you all are, we will work on getting him to attend another event soon and we wish Sam good luck with his filming in July.

We will have another great guests ready to announce in the next few days as well as many more big guests for this years LFCC our flagship event so watch this space :-)

thank you for your help on this

Jason

• Like 1