Star Wars: The Force Awakens Poster

StuartG2198

Can genuinely say I haven't been this excited for a film in a very long time!!

I hope it does not get the hate Phantom Menace did as I loved Parts 1 to 3. Roll on Christmas

The Phantom Menace is exactly why I'm trying to not get too excited. After the first trailer I was totally hyped but entered a world of disappointment when I saw the actual film.

• Like 1

I still cannot see why people were disappointed with Phantom Menace. The story has always been there. To get to part 4 we have to experience 1,2 and 3.

We didn't have to experience Jar Jar though, and all the inconsistencies and "coincidences" that it had with the original trilogy.

I still cannot see why people were disappointed with Phantom Menace. The story has always been there. To get to part 4 we have to experience 1,2 and 3.

We didn't have to experience Jar Jar though, and all the inconsistencies and "coincidences" that it had with the original trilogy.

Nothing wrong with Jar Jar. I think people analyse films far too much. Just go in there and enjoy it.

• Like 1

I agree with SD13. The prequels are flawed, some more than others, but I'd rather have flawed prequels than none at all. And I think people focus too much on Phantom Menace when the subject comes up. Clones was a decent enough film and Sith had some truly great moments, especially Vaders mask first going on then the breathing. Pure class.
Anyhoo, the trailer gets me even more pumped for VII. At 47 I shouldn't be as excited about as I am but as they say - old enough to know better, young enough not to care. :smile:

• Like 1

I agree with SD13. The prequels are flawed, some more than others, but I'd rather have flawed prequels than none at all. And I think people focus too much on Phantom Menace when the subject comes up. Clones was a decent enough film and Sith had some truly great moments, especially Vaders mask first going on then the breathing. Pure class.

Anyhoo, the trailer gets me even more pumped for VII. At 47 I shouldn't be as excited about as I am but as they say - old enough to know better, young enough not to care. :smile:

#Coughs# They were not prequels form a technical point of view as they were always part of the storyline :angel: hence called Parts 1,2,3 etc :whistling:

• Like 1

I was agreeing with you. They're universally known as 'the prequels', not sure why you're being picky.

Ahhh, my #Coughs# and :whistling: did not work..ooops. Not being picky as such, but the universal term of The Prequels has never sat well with me as they are Parts 1 to 3. Hence why I did the innocent :whistling:

• Like 1