eTicket Validation for new orders

• Showmasters Admin

The last eTicket Validation reminder email was sent yesterday, Wednesday 15th July. So any orders placed after that will not have received it.

We're aware that there are still people buying online that may need to validate their orders so we've set up a slightly different system to allow you to do so without the need for us to send you a code. But please make sure you use the same email address in your validation order as you did in your original order. We need this to match the two items up.

You can easily check if eTicket Validation was actually added to your original ticket order by checking the total amount. If it doesn't end in 50p then it was not added at the time of ordering.

Please remember that eTicket validation is PER ORDER not per ticket, so even if you have bought 5 tickets, if it's in ONE ORDER you only need ONE validation.

To validate your order please just follow this link - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/film-and-comic-con-london-e-ticket-validation-tickets-15859254457

Hi TooTall!

I literally just placed an order for Alexander Siddig and added the £2.50 validation charge like normal. I take it I don't need to do anything here, and this post is just for people who forgot to add the £2.50 to their order?

I'm a bit confused. I've not been before but I did click the validation button when ordering my photo shoots. On the print out for each one it says 'I agree that I have added E-Ticket Validation to my order by clicking the button on the left' followed by 'Accepted'. I've booked four shoots and it says the same on each. Do I need to do anything further or am I good to go?

Cheers.

• Like 1

I'm a bit confused. I've not been before but I did click the validation button when ordering my photo shoots. On the print out for each one it says 'I agree that I have added E-Ticket Validation to my order by clicking the button on the left' followed by 'Accepted'. I've booked four shoots and it says the same on each. Do I need to do anything further or am I good to go?

Cheers.

As Too Tall has said, check the email to see if it ends in 50p. If it does then you're fine, if not the follow TT's instructions. Agreeing to the charge and paying it were two separate buttons on the page.
  • Like 1

Cheers.

If your order dopesn't end with 50p as in £22.50 or £197.50 then you will need to follow the link that TT has posted above. On PC you have to tick to boxes to accept their terms and conditions AND click the Validation fee image too to add it to the order. On mobiles / tablets there seems to be some trouble in finding the validation image to click on but as long as there is a .50 at the end of your order then your fine.

EDIT - Beat me to it Tink...

Edited by Zahariel

Hi TooTall!

I literally just placed an order for Alexander Siddig and added the £2.50 validation charge like normal. I take it I don't need to do anything here, and this post is just for people who forgot to add the £2.50 to their order?

Yes, this will only be for people who did not add the charge when buying the tickets.
  • Like 1

I had a reminder for this last week and paid the fee. But got another email again, I emailed the shop to ask about this. Do you think I need to pay again on the safe side? I did print of the ticket to show it was paid?

Sorry, I'm still not getting this. My event ticket e-mail has the validation on it (2 x £40 tickets + validation = £82.50) but its the photo shoot one's I'm confused about. It does say on them that I've added it.

Really sorry to be hassle but as I'm travelling from the Isle of Man I don't want to get there only to find I can't do what I've paid for.

Cheers. :smile:

I had a reminder for this last week and paid the fee. But got another email again, I emailed the shop to ask about this. Do you think I need to pay again on the safe side? I did print of the ticket to show it was paid?

Have you done multiple orders? You may have paid the fee for one order and not another.

Sorry, I'm still not getting this. My event ticket e-mail has the validation on it (2 x £40 tickets + validation = £82.50) but its the photo shoot one's I'm confused about. It does say on them that I've added it.

Really sorry to be hassle but as I'm travelling from the Isle of Man I don't want to get there only to find I can't do what I've paid for.

Cheers. :smile:

Do you photos hoot ones also end in 50p? Or did you order and the same time as your entry?

Have you done multiple orders? You may have paid the fee for one order and not another.

My other order had it included. Was just my order for weekend passes that I missed it on.

Sorry but this whole Validation issue has caused so much confusion and concern that tickets will not be valid for the day - I hope this is high on the 'to do' list to clear up for next year!

It's likely this has been answered before, but with so many threads I'm sorry if I haven't seen it!

You say you have to pay Validation on every order, but is that just Pass or Photo Shoot orders? I have paid for the extra Validation for my MJF Diamond Pass, but do I also have to pay an additional Validation Charge on my order for the Weekend Entry Pass as well?

• Like 1

My other order had it included. Was just my order for weekend passes that I missed it on.
You may have to speak to the shop but I imagine they'll be setting up for the event today. Unless the mods have any other ideas you might have to speak to the sales desk at the show to be sure.

Sorry but this whole Validation issue has caused so much confusion and concern that tickets will not be valid for the day - I hope this is high on the 'to do' list to clear up for next year!

It's likely this has been answered before, but with so many threads I'm sorry if I haven't seen it!

You say you have to pay Validation on every order, but is that just Pass or Photo Shoot orders? I have paid for the extra Validation for my MJF Diamond Pass, but do I also have to pay an additional Validation Charge on my order for the Weekend Entry Pass as well?

They have changed the way the fee system works for future shows.

Every time you make an order on Eventbrite you have to pay the validation fee. So if I buy entry on Monday then Tuesday I buy some photos, then I pay the fee twice as they were done seperatly. If I'd have bought the entry and photos at the same time, then I would have only had to pay the fee once. It doesn't matter what type of tickets you buy, you just have to pay the fee for an order.

Edited by Wrong Name

You may have to speak to the shop but I imagine they'll be setting up for the event today. Unless the mods have any other ideas you might have to speak to the sales desk at the show to be sure.

Yeah I doubt I will get any reply over the next few days, for the sake of a few quid I'll pay again and then try and get a refund. Least I will know for 100% sure I won't have any issues when I get there!

Yeah I doubt I will get any reply over the next few days, for the sake of a few quid I'll pay again and then try and get a refund. Least I will know for 100% sure I won't have any issues when I get there!
Fair enough.

I bought three photo shoots on one order on the 12th July on my iPad which doesn't have the proper "left " button for e-tkt validation.Only £50 came out of my bank but I have not had the usual "you need to pay e-ticket validation" e-mail..what to do? Thanks

Thanks Zahiel but I placed my order way before the cut off date of the 15th and I got emails when I previously hadn't managed to add the validation but not this time)So I should just pay the £2.50.How will they know which order it links to?!

Thanks Zahiel but I placed my order way before the cut off date of the 15th and I got emails when I previously hadn't managed to add the validation but not this time)So I should just pay the £2.50.How will they know which order it links to?!

You should have had an email way before now asking you to pay it.