How much can you fit in a day

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping for some advice. I usually allocate a budget for these events and have already booked the following;

Robert Englund Diamond Pass

Ken Kirzinger (Jason) Photo

James Remar Photo

Neve Campbell Photo

And was going to aim for Ken Kirzinger and possibly Neve Campbell autographs

The issue I am having is I am not local, and don't have loads of money for travel, would love an easy way from Victoria coach station to the Olympia without relying on taxis if anyone knows of one, please help.

My other issue is I was originally heading down on Sunday only for the quieter day to relax and enjoy myself (no work on Monday :) But with the announcement of Bill Paxton, Malcolm Mcdowell and William Forsythe I would love to meet them also but don't think I would be able to fit it all in one day without manically rushing everywhere. Please could I ask for some advice on what people recommend and how much they feel can comfortably be fit into a day without running around headless chicken style. Thanks for the help.

From Victoria Station you have the District Line to West Kensington Station, and from there it's maybe a 10 minute walk to the venue ( probably lot of people are heading from there to Olympia, so I suppose just follow the crowd ). Unfortunately I don't know the London Undergrounds fares, but that's the cheapest way to get from A to B . Well you could of course walk from Victoria too, it's only 3 miles ;).

Last year was also my first con, I had an early bird ticket ( I managed to get inside quick ) and had 8 or 9 photo shoots that day, and everything without rushing. So if you arrive early I'd say you will manage to do all you want to do. And last year they published a map of the venue online, and there will be also a schedule, so with a little planning anything is possible without stress :)

Normally I would advocate walking from Victoria Coach station to the underground station (a 5 minute walk) and taking the District line. However, that part of the district line is down that weekend.

There is another thread running on here about travel aspects so the direct helpful links are in there but if you pop on the TfL website you can use their travel option.

I managed 8 photos per day last year without any issues at all and that was without a gold pass. I've read people on here doing over a dozen per day easily.

It's extremely rare that anyone actually misses a photo they've paid for. The main guests usually have more than one photo session per day, which makes planning much easier and gives you a lot of flexibility. If there is an unavoidable overlap, then just speak to one of the blue shirts and they'll help you out.

Similar to this question, can you join a photo-shoot queue if you are a Gold Pass holder that you've not bought online?

Say I wanted a photo-op with Ray Park on the Saturday as I have the money and time to do it, can I join a photo queue or do all photo-ops have to be bought online, or else you've missed out.

Thanks. :)

• Moderators

Similar to this question, can you join a photo-shoot queue if you are a Gold Pass holder that you've not bought online?

Say I wanted a photo-op with Ray Park on the Saturday as I have the money and time to do it, can I join a photo queue or do all photo-ops have to be bought online, or else you've missed out.

You would have to go to the sales desk to buy a ticket on the day.

You would have to go to the sales desk to buy a ticket on the day.
I advise buying any photos you want before the show, as the sales desk gets REALLY busy on the day.

1. Thank you for the help, I may just walk it as I predict getting there early, it was more based on my existing list and with the extras I am considering, especially with another big guest on Thursday I was hoping to ask those more experienced how much they can fit in a day and if I am being too ambitious based on my list. In the past its difficult with long gaps between activities but equally I would hate to ruin it by doing too much, any advice is helpful. Especially interested in dantheman205 getting 17 autographs and one photoshoot in a day!

• Moderators

• Thank you for the help, I may just walk it as I predict getting there early, it was more based on my existing list and with the extras I am considering, especially with another big guest on Thursday I was hoping to ask those more experienced how much they can fit in a day and if I am being too ambitious based on my list. In the past its difficult with long gaps between activities but equally I would hate to ruin it by doing too much, any advice is helpful. Especially interested in dantheman205 getting 17 autographs and one photoshoot in a day!

Alot of people manage to do multiple autographs and photo shoots during the day, what are you thinking?

As it stands I personally am doing around 10/12 photos and autos per day (with a gold pass)

Doing multiple shoots and autographs is still achieveable as long as you are there early enough to get VQs for the guests you want.