"Last two guests"

As C5 starts tomorrow I (and probably everyone else) was wondering what happended to the "two big lotr stars". Have they been confirmed to attend or can't they come? Could you please confirm whether or not the two guests are coming and if they are what days will they signing? Thanks, keep up the good work.

Personally, I think it ain't gonna happen, If it was gonna happen, they would have said by now. Tis too late in the day.

But hey theres always other Collectormanias, guess it just weren't meant to be with this one, oh well s*** happens!!!!!

Spoke to mark 2day dont think there will be.... the guest list they have put together is corker anyway !!!

I know they were in talks with many more guests and have contact and are working to get them for future events but as u know so many are constantly working on NEW films or TV shows etc that they have full schedules....

Just be thankful we have all the guests we have theres more than enough to wipe out all your cash as it is !

I have heard rumours for C6 and it sounds great as well !

it wud have been nice to have been told a definate YES or a definate NO tho really by now, in my opinion. Plz let us know us! It wud also be good to know (if they are definately not comng) who the two major LOTR guests were that SM;s were in talks with... please let us know SM's!!

i personally dont want the guests as a surprise as, altho it wud be fun, i am takign a certain amount of money with me which I know willc over all the costs i need to spend it on. If there were surprsie guests, i wouldnt be able to afford tomeet them, which wud ruin the whole point of Collectormania- to be able to see the stars that you to!

it wud have been nice to have been told a definate YES or a definate NO tho really by now, in my opinion. Plz let us know us! It wud also be good to know (if they are definately not comng) who the two major LOTR guests were that SM;s were in talks with... please let us know SM's!!

i personally dont want the guests as a surprise as, altho it wud be fun, i am takign a certain amount of money with me which I know willc over all the costs i need to spend it on. If there were surprsie guests, i wouldnt be able to afford tomeet them, which wud ruin the whole point of Collectormania- to be able to see the stars that you to!

I doubt very much they will be any surprise guests and the SM's cannot reveal who they are talking to, its just not the done thing. Plus its not a nice way to get people hopes up, only to disappoint people!!!!!!!!!

I know I wouldn't want to know who they are talking to.

I may be way off track but I've had a strong feeling all along that one of the big LOTR stars they were in negotiation with was Elijah - he's filming here right now and probably couldn't be sure whether he'd be free or not. I would love to know if I'm right - please?? Would also love to know if there's any possibility of him coming to future events.

There is a whole thread about the 2 LOTR guests and Showmasters posted the following resposnes...

We are still in negotiations with 2 major Lord of the Rings guests! If they confirm they can attend then we will let you all know. However, for those of you holding out for them, please don't! The only reason I am answering this point is because it has been so widely talked about and as such, needs clarification. However, as I am sure you are all aware, we do not comment on guests until they are confirmed, and so I cannot, and will not tell you who the two are. Indeed, I wish that they were just surprises if we managed to get them, rather than people holding out and expecting them to be announced.

Ultimately, if the line up is good enough for you at the moment then great! If it is not then do not travel, or pin your hopes on other people being announced. If they are, then great, but do not expect it. Treat it as a surprise if it happens. But to answer your original question, we are still talking to people!

Mark

Then after some more posts by forum members they wrote...

I thought I had been pretty clear about this, but obviously not, or alternatively people do just enjoy scare mongering.

I shall re-state for clarity in as simple English as I can.

1). We will announce any guest we now confirm on the day that we confirm them.

2). No guest will be announced until, and unless they are confirmed.

3). If we were to confirm a guest today we would announce them today. If we confirm a guest on the day before the event, we will announce them on that day.

4). It is not in our control when guests we are talking to confirm, or not. They will let us know when they can, or see fit, and we cannot, and will not speculate on who they are, or how likely they are to confirm until we have an agreement.

5). It is not in our interests to with-hold guests until the day of the show. We want to publicise their appearance as much as we can, and so as soon as we are able to, we will, for your benefit, the guests benefit, and ours!

People really need to stop going on and on about this. It is not going to change anything and I really do not see how there is anything more to say on the matter. ( Unless of course you have a vested interest in stirring up and worrying people ).

Mark

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

Spoke to mark 2day dont think there will be.... the guest list they have put together is corker anyway !!!

I know they were in talks with many more guests and have contact and are working to get them for future events but as u know so many are constantly working on NEW films or TV shows etc that they have full schedules....

Just be thankful we have all the guests we have theres more than enough to wipe out all your cash as it is !

I have heard rumours for C6 and it sounds great as well !

They never guaranteed there would definately be 2 more they said they'd been in talks that was all they gave no promises and theres already a hell of a line up theres enough for everyone (except Harry Potter n Buffy but thats another arguement) so please lets get on with enjoying ourselves over the weekend and if no one wants to go dont go.

Sorry but the moaners do my head in what other convention organisers can you say have had a line up of the calibre of most of the guests we've enjoyed. Lets just all get on and enjoy ourselves and dont forget C6 and LFACC. LOL :D

I may be way off track but I've had a strong feeling all along that one of the big LOTR stars they were in negotiation with was Elijah - he's filming here right now and probably couldn't be sure whether he'd be free or not. I would love to know if I'm right - please?? Would also love to know if there's any possibility of him coming to future events.

I met Elijah in london on wednesday and asked himif he was going and he said no.

THERE ARE NO NEW BIG NAME LOTR GUESTS, GET OVER IT!!!!

ELIJAH WOOD AND SEAN ASTIN WERE ONE OFFS!!!!!!!!!

AFTER ALL THE GRIEF THEY GOT ABOUT IT SHOWMASTERS WILL NOT BOTHER GETTING THAT KIND OF NAME AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

AAARGHRHRH!

(rests back exhausted at seeing weak posts being repeated and repeated and repeated by people who don't care to read older posts to find out information they request now)

seacrest OUT!

Edited by TenaciousD

THERE ARE NO NEW BIG NAME LOTR GUESTS, GET OVER IT!!!!

ELIJAH WOOD AND SEAN ASTIN WERE ONE OFFS!!!!!!!!!

AFTER ALL THE GRIEF THEY GOT ABOUT IT SHOWMASTERS WILL NOT BOTHER GETTING THAT KIND OF NAME AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

AAARGHRHRH!

(rests back exhausted at seeing weak posts being repeated and repeated and repeated by people who don't care to read older posts to find out information they request now)

seacrest OUT!

Someone needs to take a chill pill :yoda:

And breath, but seriously showmasters said there talking to two MAJOR Lotr quests so people are curious as to who they were

Is that a crime these days