E Validation Email - Already Paid

capbiker

Hi Guys, been going to these for a few years now. First time on the forum. I am also adjusting to this new eventbrite system. I also got the email. But I'm a little confused. My receipt for entry tickets that I bought for myself and 3 friends for the Sunday as well as Chris Lloyd shoot all indicate that the £2.50 covers those 5 tickets. Then I hurriedly purchased my M J Fox photo ticket last Thursday. So I assumed that the 'validation' email I received today was for that. Went ahead an paid the £2.50 as I thought it may be for that. Are we assuming that this is a fault? Is my M J Fox ticket valid? Hope so for what I paid :-/

• Showmasters Admin

All those that upgraded tickets or package for Sherlocked, your upgrade orders were moved to the main shop this week so they can be used at the event.

This is why you have received a new eticket(s) earlier this week. These are the etickets you'll need on the day.

The upgrade shop was also set to send out an automated reminder email. And the show opening time was set incorrectly to 10am on Friday. The site is still at 2pm reg and 6pm opening.

Because of this move when the automated system picked up the orders without e-ticket validation it added them to the list to send the email to. This was an error, we apologise for this. You do not need to revalidate your upgraded order.

Anyone that has paid this fee this evening from this email will be refunded first thing in the morning. Again please accept our apologies for this error.

Okay, the full story is still being communicated - sorry, we're living on text messages right now still :lol: - but I can confirm that this was indeed a weird computer glitch that right now sent a lot of people into hectic activity.

Those who are finding this e-mail please ignore it, you do not have to pay again. Those who have paid will be refunded tomorrow.

The additional tickets being sent as attachments are an Eventbrite service feature. If you come prepared as most of you are again you can ignore those e-mails.

An e-mail about upgrades being done at 10 AM that seems to have appeared for some is a standard e-mail from the upgrade shop. No further upgrades will be done on site.

My sincere apologizes for the confusion.

Thank you so much for getting this checked into... If I could, I'd buy you a very large drink! I bet you'll be glad when this event's over ;)

Well I am at the show myself. If you happen to find me... :lol:

I'm already flying in tomorrow, leaving for the airport 11 AM UK time. So I am trying to get everything I can settled before then. I learned the hard way in Paris that my shiny new phone doesn't do Internet roaming as it's supposed to.

• Moderators

Hi Guys, been going to these for a few years now. First time on the forum. I am also adjusting to this new eventbrite system. I also got the email. But I'm a little confused. My receipt for entry tickets that I bought for myself and 3 friends for the Sunday as well as Chris Lloyd shoot all indicate that the £2.50 covers those 5 tickets. Then I hurriedly purchased my M J Fox photo ticket last Thursday. So I assumed that the 'validation' email I received today was for that. Went ahead an paid the £2.50 as I thought it may be for that. Are we assuming that this is a fault? Is my M J Fox ticket valid? Hope so for what I paid :-/

If you made more than one ORDER, you have to pay validation for each one, so if you were missing one on your MJF order then it was correct to pay.

Those in this thread are receiving validation emails for orders they have already paid it on, due to upgrading glitches.

You're in the Sherlocked section, your questions are about LFACC. ;)

If you made two separate orders (one with entry and Chris Lloyd and a second one with M J Fox) you have to pay two validation fees. So: no fault.

If you have more e-ticket questions we have a pinned info topic here: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=87828

• Like 1

All those that upgraded tickets or package for Sherlocked, your upgrade orders were moved to the main shop this week so they can be used at the event.

This is why you have received a new eticket(s) earlier this week. These are the etickets you'll need on the day.

The upgrade shop was also set to send out an automated reminder email. And the show opening time was set incorrectly to 10am on Friday. The site is still at 2pm reg and 6pm opening.

Because of this move when the automated system picked up the orders without e-ticket validation it added them to the list to send the email to. This was an error, we apologise for this. You do not need to revalidate your upgraded order.

Anyone that has paid this fee this evening from this email will be refunded first thing in the morning. Again please accept our apologies for this error.

Thanks for QS for letting us know, and for you to clearing up what happened.

cap

• Showmasters Admin

Tickets you want the bring...

Ones from the main shop that are called "Upgraded ?????" = Yes

Ones from the upgrade shop = No

Ones you upgraded from = No

Any other ticket you bought = Yes