Yearly Event

youell

Hello everyone,

Have been thinking and don't really know how these things work, but is this planned to be an annual event? Or a bi-annual?

I know everyone wants Martin Freeman & Amanda Abbington there, as do I, but it would be good if this was a semi-regular event then they could make it another time. Just a thought. Like I said, I don't know how these things work?

Well how often an event is put in is related to the demand. If the demand is there then an organiser will try and put an event on. There hasn't been any mention of intention to put on more Sherlocked events other than this or the one in the US but that doesn't mean there aren't any. The problem with Sherlock is that whilst it's going to be easier to get the supporting guest people like Ben and Martin are so busy they are even having trouble coordinating calenders to get them to film the episodes let alone attend a convention at te same time.

It could always be possible that they might attend one of the signing events like Collectormania or LFCC - Showmasters certainly know they would be very desired guests.

• Like 1

Lots of factors at play here I would think:

1. If successful then chances are it would happen again

2. Would also depend on the Production Company wanting to put one again, this may relate to whether the show is still going (often once a show is out of production, then unlikely to be the same interest in promoting it.

3. Busy schedules for lead guests, would really need to have Benedict or Martin at an event I think to make it a runner

Still, at the moment every chance we might see another one in the future.

Would love this to be a annual thing, but I think chances of that are slim.

Organisers did mention last year while they were putting this together, on how hard it was to get the main cast. Currently they're all on demand.

I'm going all out on my spendings, because I know probably there won't be oppurtunity like this again. Just my opinion though... :)

Yea I agree it would be an awesome thing but its doubtful mainly due to what others have already stated in that the main cast would be too hard to get and I doubt they would put an event on without the main cast and I doubt many would attend neither so its pointless lol

I think we are extremely lucky with what we have guest wise with the fact that it is so hard to get the main cast, only main cast member we are missing is Martin but I would be surprised if SM could pull it off with what we have now again but who knows.. I'd be really jealous if the USA con get everyone though especially Martin lol

I also went a bit mad on spending due to the fact I know its hard to get the cast together and I doubt we would be so lucky again, it is the most I have ever spent on a con and I have been attending cons since 2008 although this is my first specific event I'll be going to

Hopefully the guests we are missing will be able to attend things like LFCC or something *paws crossed*

Cant wait for the event only 30 days/4 weeks to go YAY! :dance:

One way around it might be to make it a broader Sherlock Holmes event in the future, so you could invite other guests who have played characters from Sherlock Holmes in other TV or Radio versions.

30 Days, wow, can't believe not long to go.

• Like 1