Do we really need you to post if ... ?

Stenun

If you wouldn't go up to a guest and tell them "I've never heard of you, I don't care that you're here" to their face, then you shouldn't say it in their announcement thread either. Otherwise, you're just using the anonymity of the internet to be a git.

I think you are on a losing battle here with your opinion, I dont agrere with you and it seems lots of others dont either, here is the dictionary definition of Forum -

a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. it doesnt say only positive or nice views it is all views!.
If you dont like that then we dont care either!

Firstly, reading through this thread, it would appear that Showmasters agree with me so I'm not convinced I'm on the losing side here. ;-)

Secondly, the first definition of "forum" at dictionary.com is "the marketplace or public square of an ancient Roman city, the center of judicial and business affairs and a place of assembly for the people". So unless you're an Ancient Roman, let's leave the dictionary definition of "forum" aside and deal with what is rather than what you think it should be. :-)

It's certainly far more constructive to go ahead and request guests you are interested in, rather than voicing a lack of interest in one that has been announced.

After all, I'm not interested in everything in the supermarket but I don't fill a trolley and then tell the person at the checkout that I don't want any of it.

The guest has been signed and will still come regardless, unless they're upset at such comments.

I actually think Jason voiced it quite well. He doesn't mind if you voice you're not interested or will save your money, etc, but does mind if you are disrepectful towards the guest.

After all, I'm not interested in everything in the supermarket but I don't fill a trolley and then tell the person at the checkout that I don't want any of it.

I did when I did my Christmas shopping last year. I waited till she told me the total first. Her face was a picture. I do hasten to add that I did pay and take it all home with me though :whistling:

• Like 1

If you wouldn't go up to a guest and tell them "I've never heard of you, I don't care that you're here" to their face, then you shouldn't say it in their announcement thread either. Otherwise, you're just using the anonymity of the internet to be a git.

I think you are on a losing battle here with your opinion, I dont agrere with you and it seems lots of others dont either, here is the dictionary definition of Forum -

a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. it doesnt say only positive or nice views it is all views!.
If you dont like that then we dont care either!

Firstly, reading through this thread, it would appear that Showmasters agree with me so I'm not convinced I'm on the losing side here. ;-)

Secondly, the first definition of "forum" at dictionary.com is "the marketplace or public square of an ancient Roman city, the center of judicial and business affairs and a place of assembly for the people". So unless you're an Ancient Roman, let's leave the dictionary definition of "forum" aside and deal with what is rather than what you think it should be. :-)

And entries from the OED:

• a. Roman Hist. The public place or market-place of a city. In ancient Rome the place of assembly for judicial and other public business.
  • as the place of public discussion; hence fig.
  • Computing. A discussion group which is accessible online, as through a mailing list, a bulletin board system, a newsgroup, or the World Wide Web, esp. one dedicated to the exchange of information and opinions on a particular topic.

If a guest isn't popular in general, Showmasters will find that out through how many autographs they fail to sell.

If a guest isn't popular with you, nobody cares.

Constructive criticism is good. Saying "not for me" isn't constructive - Showmasters aren't going to start booking guests purely on what you want.

Showmasters book guests based on what people want otherwise they wouldn't sell any tickets. If they booked Katie Hopkins there would be an absolute outrage- thats what this forum is for- to express your views on the particular matter at hand.

Don't mention things like KH because the unbelievabley fake gun I will have as part of a costume might accidently become real.

Completely off-topic but as someone who works in retail you'd be amazed how many people actually do feel the need to do just this.... :closedeyes:

Completely off-topic but as someone who works in retail you'd be amazed how many people actually do feel the need to do just this.... :closedeyes:

I worked in a DVD rental shop and have it happened to me so know it happens. I am just surprised that it goes on.

I honestly don't see the problem with people saying 'good guest, but not for me.' If the guest did read it do you think they would drop out because of it? They're in show business, they know not everyone will love them. It's not insultingin any way!

To tell people they have to stop having an opinion on a forum unless it's the same as yours is ridiculous and actually a bit insulting.

It's like not liking marmite but being scared to say it in case the makers found out....

Can this thread be closed now? Tedious and going round in circles.

Please don't close it just yet.... I've not had my say yet....

I must admit I do find it funny what people put on the Forum... My way of looking at this is, The Forum is a bit of fun. SM Announce their guests. We can make our comments ( I am against Bad Comments, Don't understand why people do it? Just don't write anything if your not interested) Remember a lot of hard work goes into each guest SM get for the shows.... Like arranging Fees, Hotels, Travel etc This alone can be a Nightmare. Just look at the comments in the Forum when things change.

So please guys lets have some Respect for the Guests and for SM who have to pull these things together... And No I don't work for them. Two years ago I didn't know they existed. If it wasn't for SM I wouldn't of met so many great guests Big or small. :smile:

Thanks SM, your doing a Thankless task and you will always be the Star of the Shows. :clap:

• Like 1