Gold Pass Included Items Question

neilault

• Moderators

Hi,

I have purchased the gold pass and noticed that it includes 2 x £10 autos and 2 x £10 photos. Looking through the guests announced so far there is nothing available for these prices. I know this might change nearer the time but I was wondering if it is possible to add extra and go for something more expensive? I.e. pay £5 cash and get a £15 auto? etc.

Many thanks,

Neil

Hi,

I have purchased the gold pass and noticed that it includes 2 x £10 autos and 2 x £10 photos. Looking through the guests announced so far there is nothing available for these prices. I know this might change nearer the time but I was wondering if it is possible to add extra and go for something more expensive? I.e. pay £5 cash and get a £15 auto? etc.

Many thanks,

Neil

Would much prefer an option to pay an extra £5 to get a £15 guest! Last year there was no one priced at £10 that I wanted to meet.

Understand it could be a bit of a logistical nightmare though but if there was a way that would be awesome!

• Moderators

I regard the £10 photos as just a bonus. The price of the Gold ticket is worth it to avoid lengthy queues and great seating at talks.

Yeah having been several times before with just early bird tickets I can see the huge benefits of going gold. After last year I swore I would go gold whatever happened lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I have faith there will be plenty of £10 photos and autos when it comes to the time. I just initially wondered if there was an upgrade feature but after thinking about it I can see it would probably be a logistical nightmare.

• 1 month later...

What would have been a *much* better idea, would be to include 4 x £10 gift vouchers that we could use against who we liked. I can't help feeling a lot of £10 guests will get people meeting them just to use up their freebies...I don't think I've ever met anyone who cost me £10 (sadly!). Alternatively they could have kept it at £175, which would have been even better....

Last year at both summer and winter there were £10 guests who I actually wanted to and did meet so these potentially can be beneficial for me. If they're not then so be it but it's definitely not a deal breaker for me purchasing a gold ticket, likewise the pack of autographed pictures from last year wouldn't have sold it to me either.

Edited by Knitty Fred

Still only 2 £10 people announced and they are Friday only and i wasnt planning on coming Friday. I think it would be a lot more fair it is included £15 people or we could upgrade

Well here's a link for LFFC14 for an example http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=82834&page=1#entry1837022.

I think I count 10 £10 photoshoots listed on there and a further 20 with autos at £10 but no photoshoot. So quite a lot to choose from really but I only have an idea who 1 of those is so if this had been given with the gold pass last year it would have been useless to me personally without being able to add-on an amount or even use two vouchers for a £20 guest. Although I've had a gold pass for the last few years I'm not getting one this year though as it's too expensive for me and I'm going to severely limit how many people I meet but it really would be nice for those who have them if it was a bit more flexible so they could use it on people they really want to meet.

True it's just a bonus but that's still potentially £40 worth of bonus that people may not use, or at least not use on something useful to them. Don't really see why they couldn't just stick 4 £10 vouchers in the pack for people to use as they prefer but it is what it is so I hope for those who have them there are people they want to meet and get photos with at the £10 level.