The lfcc programmes

What did you make of them?

I liked mine. Only cost me £1 though. I think i would have been miffed if I had paid a fiver. It just wasn't what I expected. I think wee write ups on all the guests would have been nice? Just a page or a half page for smaller guests each? Would give you the opportunity to have it signed by multiple guests then :) be a nice keepsakes

• Like 1

I was one of the suckers that Showmasters managed to get £5 out of for the programme, apparently after they cut the price to £1 they then started handing them out for free! It just topped off the feeling of being completely swindled by them.

The actual content of the programme was interesting though and the £5 wasn't too bad considering how expensive some programmes are at other events/shows for less content. The lack of schedule and layout was a bit annoying though as that's the main reason we brought one, but I'm assuming they had to get them printed before it was confirmed? Also yes, would have been great to have some write ups on the smaller guests as well!

• Like 1

I got mine on Friday when I just went to take a peek before even changing into my costume. They were selling them outside walking around. What comes to programme itself, I was a bit disappointed. I had hoped it would have schedules and other useful information. Instead it was just a commercial for different shows.

I unfortunately could not find one. noone was handing them out at the doors when i was there. noone could direct me to where i could get one either. :(

They were being sold at the organiser's table immediately as you entered the hall in EC2.

I unfortunately could not find one. noone was handing them out at the doors when i was there. noone could direct me to where i could get one either. :(

They were being sold at the organiser's table immediately as you entered the hall in EC2.

and that organisers table was the one I asked where I could find out where the raffle winnings numbers would be announced and where prizes could be picked up ( asked on Friday and Saturday ) and nobody there knew the answer

• Like 1

we didn't actually see them..or find them..or saw anyone with them on Saturday... we were talking amongst ourselves that we found it strange they weren't there...when we spoke to a blueshirt, she had no idea where they were either

we think they temporarily went missing as we passed the door barriers...or they're just some sort of myth people hear about but never actually see

Are the programs actually Chupacabras?

I paid £5 for one as soon as we joined the chaos on Saturday expecting it to have a map or something. Really wish I hadn't spent that much on them, especially when I and my friends got one each on Sunday evening for nothing.

Edited by MacAndy

The actual content of the programme was interesting though and the £5 wasn't too bad considering how expensive some programmes are at other events/shows for less content. The lack of schedule and layout was a bit annoying though as that's the main reason we brought one, but I'm assuming they had to get them printed before it was confirmed? Also yes, would have been great to have some write ups on the smaller guests as well!

Has to content with last minute cancelled guests too though, you don't want write-ups for massive guests no longer attending. Do many of the cancelled feature on the front cover image?

Of course a schedule could just be added as a photocopied insert at the last second. Even if its just a printout from a website list.

• Like 1

• Moderators

As someone who wrote a few articles in it, it was a deliberate choice to not be too specific re: guests just in case they did cancel, but rather do overviews on shows and mention them in passing. Seemed like a less risky angle to take :)

I asked at the venue, the organiser's booth, and apparently all the prizes were claimed over the weekend!

I have read comments on here somewhere that some of the winning numbers were still laid on the table and so people were rifling through them to find them and win...and that the 'talk' session thing was a joke...think it's in the comments thread x