SHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOWWWWW

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look just leave Showmasters alone. If you keep bugging them then it will just get them more annoyed.

Do you think you could do a better job at running an event like this ? Then do it yourselves and see how difficult it is.

Just be happy with what we've got and stop complaining, because there's more important things in life !!!

I know that the guests all come down to availability and gaps in schedule, it's a very difficult job that Showmasters do and I am totally grateful to them for doing it.

Also guests rarely actually know their schedules, it's organised by their agents who choose the best and most lucrative work for them.

I can see peoples points, the site advertises things and people do have different interests, I would like to go to another talk too. But there is nothing to do but be patient and wait to see what Showmaster say!

Calm down everyone please, I have already chosen to no longer post in parts of the board due to silly fights, I'll be bored senseless if they all go!

*stands up and applauds*

Well said I couldn't have put everything you have said in this post better myself. I used to love posting on this forum then things changed people started to think they were above their stations thought they owned the place, this forum is for everyone not jut for a select few and I myself am just sick and tired of coming on here and seeing yet another arguement taking place. Please have some consideration for others and especially for Showmasters who have worked so hard to create a community for us all to make new friends an basically have a good time. All of you have a good evening

Elfiexx

I EXTREMELY doubt that the guests do it deliberately to be unfair to people. If SMs have a chance that MAYBE there will be a gap in the schedule of someone so they can come along, then it's better to keep the negotiating going so that we MIGHT see them, rather than say "oh ok dont bother" and we dont even have a CHANCE ... in the end, I dont think it's even up to the guests what they're doing .. just like at C4, if u remember the hobbits didnt do all 4 days, this was because of a press junket in America I believe. Now, SMs could have had the choice to not take them on at all because they were busy for a day or whatever, OR they cud have them for 2 days ... so they did! In the end, we just have to accept these circumstances, just like the "work committments" that sometimes prevent guests coming when they WERE booked. I think a LOT of ppl wud feel very let down if these MAJOR lotr guests were announced n then didnt come .. I guess we just have to wait n see.

I didn't say they do it deliberately I just say they don't think about everything and they should cuz of what is expected of them been Celebes , booking them to cons is part of the deal of being a celeb , if one doesn't like it they shld say it up front so as not to raise hopes , if there work is to have they might as well say "look we'd love to but not now' sure I can understand them saying there coming and cuz of work or what ever having to cancel -this happens to us all.

But if you wont to be in a con , and you are negotiating it and all and you knew there is a dead line , then 1 should commit to it to there fans as much as they did when filming ( and I am not talking just about the maybe lotr stars)

I understand even the fact that they really wont to come and be with us and for that alone I Love them who ever they may be, BUT SM have been negotiating with them for what ..at least half a year now ? this is ridicules..and what if indeed they will just show up or be announced a day before ? what will happen to the people who would have come if they knew they'll be there...that is not feer to us

Poor old SM! they cant do right for doing wrong! Im going to C5 because I enjoyed C4 and I want to meet up with the friends I have made on the forum in the last few months. the fact that I can meet some LOTR cast, major or not, is a bonus and I for one can wait to find out who the unannounced ones are! The atmosphere will be fanastic at C5 if there are surprises, and ppl have a point about the queues being less if ppl dont know the major stars are there. I know its frustrating, I know frustration!... like getting so close to meeting Elijah and getting ushered out of the queue in the space of 0.1 seconds! (slight exaggeration of time there, but hey!) And besides, in some ways the not knowing is fun, cuz, whilst we dont know who it is, there is still hope it will be our favourites, but as soon as its announced and its not them, the dreaming stops! does that make sense?! I dont know if I have helped at all!

Poor old SM! they cant do right for doing wrong! Im going to C5 because I enjoyed C4 and I want to meet up with the friends I have made on the forum in the last few months. the fact that I can meet some LOTR cast, major or not, is a bonus and I for one can wait to find out who the unannounced ones are! The atmosphere will be fanastic at C5 if there are surprises, and ppl have a point about the queues being less if ppl dont know the major stars are there. I know its frustrating, I know frustration!... like getting so close to meeting Elijah and getting ushered out of the queue in the space of 0.1 seconds! (slight exaggeration of time there, but hey!) And besides, in some ways the not knowing is fun, cuz, whilst we dont know who it is, there is still hope it will be our favourites, but as soon as its announced and its not them, the dreaming stops! does that make sense?! I dont know if I have helped at all!

I love the way you said that....that's exactly what I think.....until any one else is announced or denied I can still dream....nice, I like that.

Also i am going because I loved C4 and the people I met and I wanna meet them again!!!

• Moderators
Well I keep telling them I'm available but they just won't pay my price dammit :P

Obi-Wan :lol:

But we can meet u for free!!!

You are kidding! You'd need a swat team to stand a chance of spotting Obi in a con!

lol well i saw him and spoke to him numerous times today ... and saw him at LFACC too! Guess I'm a SWAT team hey! :P

Well I keep telling them I'm available but they just won't pay my price dammit :P

Obi-Wan :lol:

But we can meet u for free!!!

You are kidding! You'd need a swat team to stand a chance of spotting Obi in a con!

lol well i saw him and spoke to him numerous times today ... and saw him at LFACC too! Guess I'm a SWAT team hey! :P

Show off!

Dear me... I'm actually happy because I only wanted to meet Craig Parker, but more than meeting him there is something else that is drawing me to C5.

Hugs from Troy and mass playstation simpsons wrestling, top trumps and checkers in the hotel room.

Meeting all the great people I met at LFACC

Metting all the crazy people i have spoke to online since then

Shopping!

Going on a mad clubbing night with the costume guys

Remembering to bring our forum king his crown this time!

thanks for posting peeps - im sorry if i have repeated what has bin sed in previous posts or whatever but i just wanted SM's to be aware that not everyone is truely happy with the pace of things thats all!!!! not that anything (by them or us) can be done about it...... :lol:

right.... my friends being sick in my toilet (no cider noooooooooooooo) so i must be off

nighty nights peeps :(

flick x x :P:P:lol:

Edited by elijahs_ladie

The 2 stars SM named in that thread are in addition !!! they are not the 2 main / mager cast from LOTR

which brings me to :

SSSSMMMMMM please hotels to be booked , flights to pay for

with all respect to you and the stars some thught should go to the people who are going to come or at least try to come to c-5, we can not do this at the last minuet !!!!

pleeease

if you are not sure yet or by the middel of this coming week just call them off

oh man, if you haven't booked anything now..... I booked my train tickets a month in advance when the times came out and it set me bact £40.....

Hey I would just put chance to the wind and go. I'm going more for the forum then the guests, and it's a little holiday as well....

I did book just havn't paid , yet

as for the rest you must be kiding asking me to regard $500 as "put chance to the wind "

i booked a flight which ( 5 hours flight ) which is around $500 , now i need to pay for it a week befor BUT it would be nice to knew in advance if i shuld spend that $500 or if i'm just throwing it away and i am not preperd to throw $500 away B)

Oh sorry!! I thought you were coming in from Europe!!!

You must be coming from America right? Well then thats a diff story! I can't imagine it being to late in announcing. Though worst case: The turn up as suprise guests on the day....

that would suck.

i don't care if the major guests come or not.

i just wanna know IF there are any talks.

Edited by martine

A lot of people have commitments and can't afford to just say; hell, we just go to C5 and might be pleasantly surprised if 2 major LOTR actors turn up.

There is actually no harm at this late stage, for the SM to say that they are in talks with such and such people but can't confirm anything yet. We are all grown up enough to then not become suicidal if those actors can't make it in the end.

I don't have the spare cash (and by now also very much lack the inclination) to pay for the trip to MK, pay for hotel costs etc just on the off-chance that 1 or 2 major LOTR guests will be there as well, and that they happen to be ones I really want to meet. At least I live in England, I don't envy those people who have to make arrangements for the Showmasters events coming from Europe, America, Israel etc.

Someone very cynical could be forgiven to think that it would suit SM to keep people guessing and speculating and that this is a lure to get people to come to the event and spend their money because they are hoping for their favourite actor(s) to be there. This especially in light of the fact that in the past and on several occasions guest stars were announced in the press before the Forum was told. Of course for the Showmasters it has to be all about the bottom line and we are not naive enough to not know that. That's fine up to a point!! I hope that I'm not being being unfair, but as somebody else in this threat has already pointed out, it is strange that SM respond to other questions but not any concerning the last two guests.

C5 is on in 12 days time. Showmasters if there is any chance the two major LOTR guests will only 'be announced' during the actual event, please say so now.

I would rather know who MIGHT be there and be disappointed if they can't make it in the end than to not know with the reality that we might never know and not have any more guests.

also some one said if they announce last minute it gives people a better chance of meeting the guest.... do you think that is really fair?! I wasn't a forumer for c4 because I didn't know about the forum! but still paid all my cash to go to the event which took me 5hours to get to and hung around with people from the forum - hey NILI! :D and at the SM desk!

the point being I am doing exactly the same this year as are many other people, coming from far away and spending money on hotels etc - sure I love surprises but to go that far and then find out when we get there about new guests or no new guests?! hmmm :huh::blink: what about people who can't stay over? they need to know when to get there to have a chance at meeting these "major guests" IF they do indeed come! and it's fine for the public, they are none the wiser but we know *something* which may turn into **nothing** and that's terrible! you people who live in MK or very near it do not know how lucky you are!!!!! :P

there's 12days till the event :o:o , pretential guests should know by now yay or nay that's what a schedule is for!!!! if they don't have a gap NOW what makes it POSSIBLE that they MIGHT suddenly get a gap later!?

surfy sah xx

ps-still don't understand why details of talks haven't been mentioned... fine if you are awaiting these LotR people but what about SW and ST???? how comw that hasn't been sorted out? :D

• Moderators
Someone very cynical could be forgiven to think that it would suit SM to keep people guessing and speculating and that this is a lure to get people to come to the event and spend their money because they are hoping for their favourite actor(s) to be there. This especially in light of the fact that in the past and on several occasions guest stars were announced in the press before the Forum was told. Of course for the Showmasters it has to be all about the bottom line and we are not naive enough to not know that. That's fine up to a point!! I hope that I'm not being being unfair, but as somebody else in this threat has already pointed out, it is strange that SM respond to other questions but not any concerning the last two guests.

I extremely doubt that people turn up to shows/conventions hoping that there'll be a guest. The method of not announcing guests until they have been confirmed has ALWAYS been in place, not just now .. it is in place right at the beginning, and is enforced right up until the events - I don't believe they do it to try n make people come along on the off chance that someone might turn up! Stars announced in the press - we all know why, advertising deadlines etc .. it's necessary, and I'm sure they're VERY busy people and so can't always announce them straight away on *here* aswell but it IS necessary to get the adverts in or else they'd lose out on advertising! While, the forum is always here ... no deadline really! What exactly does everyone WANT SMs to say about the last two guests? Why would they give information about who they are negotiating with? Does ANY business generally give out info about their clients and suppliers and other stuff like that? I doubt it! So why should SM be any different? Like most ppl realise, it's still a business after all, and so surely contracts etc should be kept confidential, as should negotiations and the like. Just like them not particularly wanting other shows spread around on the forum, the advertising of a business is common sense aswell. Of course there's always a chance that perhaps the guests will only turn up AT the event because their schedule may not even be determined UNTIL then! Just like Kane Hodder at C4, he was announced to be cancelled AT THE EVENT ... EVERYTHING is last minute with shows like these, but this cannot be helped. It's the nature of the business and something that we all learn to live with. YES, it's bloody inconvenient, and YES it's annoying, but NO ya cant do anything about it really no matter how much ya wanna nag them, it's the way it is and sadly we're just gonna have to put up with it :P

• Moderators
there's 12days till the event :P:lol: , pretential guests should know by now yay or nay that's what a schedule is for!!!! if they don't have a gap NOW what makes it POSSIBLE that they MIGHT suddenly get a gap later!?

I think we both know that this isn't true, and it never WILL be true. Guests cancel last minute - WHY? Because their schedules change. They change ALL the time. What if a guest was filming over here, and finished filming EARLY so they cud attend? Or, on the other hand, what if they WERE supposed to be free but filming overran and so they cudn't attend? Sure in an ideal world schedules would be fixed and never change and everything would run smoothly but in all honesty this world aint anywhere near ideal and the business is very rocky and things change all the damn time so ... that's something we gotta put up with. It's always been made clear that guests appear subject to work committments, that's never been kept a secret. Sadly I don't think u can go and ask Elijah Wood to sort his schedule out because a few people need to book flights if he maybe has a gap in his filming schedule .. do u think it's his fault? It's not .. it's not his, it's not SMs fault, it's just the way the business runs. Anyway half the time the guests don't even know their own schedules, it's thru their agents, so go n have a word with them I guess! There's nothing we can do about it no matter how much we moan! Should I have moaned to Eliza cuz it's her only appearance she'll be doing? Nope! Why? cuz I'm understanding and I realise now matter how much I bitch, it's a damn waste of time! ;)

hey there! Woah lots of reading...

Yeah i understand that if showmasters don't have confirmation, then they cant post whos going to be there. But in some senses i wouldnt mind knowing who they are in talks with anyway. Just so i know there is a chance of them going. I dont think its fair for them to have got confirmation and then do a suprise guest announcement only a few days b4 the event, which for all we know could actually happen. I know this probably isnt the case, but it would stop people going for just one of two guests - like me. Because ill go when the LOTR's people are annouced and only then, even if its at the last minute. But for people in different countries that wont be possible. Im not having a go at showmasters, theyve made my dreams come true. I just feel in some senses it isnt fair on some people who dont live in england. But hey im sure they are doing everything they can, and we can only hope and wait.

Edited by lordyislife

after reading all these points i'm going to add my thoughts. there IS a reason why guests can't be announced before a certain point in negotiations. this doesn't change just because the show is 12 days away. the risks involved exist until far closer to the shows.

davidb makes a valid point. businesses very rarely discuss operational or financial plans. i'm a co-owner in a business that spent a few million pounds the other year without me knowing until after the deal was completed. the fact is that the risks involved in telling all the owners far outweighed the small risk involved in keeping the transaction secret. i wouldn't have had it any other way... and they were spending MY money! i trusted the people i pay to make those decisions to do just that and decide on my behalf.

you'll just have to trust me when i say that Showmasters are not witholding information for selfish reasons. Showmasters are experienced professionals and most people are happy to let them decide whether it's appropriate to keep certain information secret.

you could argue that SMs are keeping secrets on the assumption that a few people will take a chance and come anyway... then be disappointed. but don't forget they also risk people NOT attending because they don't know about every guest months in advance. SMs have looked at the bigger picture and made a jugement based on years of experience.

i know it's difficult to be patient considering what guests might attend the show but getting snippy with the organisers won't help. SMs take what they do seriously and have put alot of work into building the forum so they can find out which guests would be popular. this doesn't mean they have magical powers to grant every person's wishes though!

i look forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks and hope that you have a great weekend at Collectormania 5.

HOUDINIA