Standard Entry only available on the day at the door now update

Can't get there until midday, so just wondering how quickly the 'pay on the day' standard queue moves & how big it might be by midday?

Is it possible to buy a Saturday standard ticket on the Friday?

Geoff

Edited by Magpie Electricals

Can't get there until midday, so just wondering how quickly the 'pay on the day' standard queue moves & how big it might be by midday?

Geoff

Pretty much unpredictable, sorry.

Are you attending Friday? I'll see if I can get confirmation what is to happen this year. In the past years you could get tickets for the other day at the sales table inside. But I have no information if it will be the same this year.

Thanks QS, thought it might be a silly question, but...

I'm thinking about going on Friday. only one guest I want at the moment, but if I can get a std entry Saturday ticket on the Friday then it would be worth going. Plus if a 'big' Doctor Who guest I'd like a photoshoot with is announced after the online shop closes then that would be another reason to go.

Cheers

Geoff

So what time does it open then for standard entry on Saturday? The website homepage says the hours are 9.00 - 6.00 Sat/Sun (which I think will confuse a lot of people as it doesn't say 9.00 is for early bird tickets only) so unsure?? :no:

11am for Standard entry.

When you say first come first served does this mean we could be queueing and turned away for standard entry on Saturday if too many people attend?

I was going to buy tickets but didn't think entry tickets sold out so was waiting until I had some money. Would have bought sooner if it was made clear they would sell out online.

When you say first come first served does this mean we could be queueing and turned away for standard entry on Saturday if too many people attend?

I was going to buy tickets but didn't think entry tickets sold out so was waiting until I had some money. Would have bought sooner if it was made clear they would sell out online.

It's unusual for them to stop selling entry tickets, never known it before but ultimately every venue has a capacity so if that is reached they should stop letting people in until some leave. Never had a problem coming and going at previous ones but if enough people turn up there's always the possibility that limit could be reached and people may have to queue before being let in.

just wondering as my mums disabled is it all flat to get in or do the disabled go in a different door as i gotta buy standard entry tickets on the day for us both

All flat going up to the venue, cannot remember for inside the venue though!

Edited by MrsEllacott

How will the entry work on the Saturday? I have my standard entry tickets which I will use to get in. Surely people who have pre-booked tickets should have priority of entry? I went to a smaller con a couple of months ago and it was really badly organised in that people who bought tickets on the day go into the venue before pre-booked tickets and then there was no space for us! really hope that doesn't happen here as it defeats the object of buying tickets before hand

• Moderators

There are two queues on the day; one for people with pre-booked tickets, one for people who need to buy a ticket on the door. Both of these queues will start to be let in AT THE SAME TIME. The pre-paid queue moves much more quickly as they don't need to stop and pay (and get change etc) and this queue is generally fully into the venue before the pay-on-the-day queue is.

This has cropped up a few times. Pre-booked does not mean you have priority entry, it just means you've bought your entry ticket in advance which should save a bit of time once doors open as you just have to show your ticket and don't have to queue to pay. The tickets are the same, just some people prefer to pay on the day, maybe in case of cancellations or they can't afford to buy in advance. No reason they should be penalised for that.

Edited by Rockstar6662

Isn't there a third queue for gold pass people?

yes and possibly for silver this year too but the OP was talking about having a standard entry ticket so the answer is based on how that works.

Edited by Rockstar6662

Oh yeah didn't mean to hijack. Not to sound odd but are the queues going to be far apart? My wife is in one queue and me in another, as I couldn't afford 2 gold passes

Well it's not the other end of the building. But with the silver potentially factoring in at the moment everything is a little on the guesswork part.

• 2 weeks later...

Geoff

Are you attending Friday? I'll see if I can get confirmation what is to happen this year. In the past years you could get tickets for the other day at the sales table inside. But I have no information if it will be the same this year.

Hi

I am attending Friday but need to get a ticket for Saturday and Sunday. Has it been confirmed if I'll be able to buy them on Friday?

Thanks

Geoff

Hi

I am attending Friday but need to get a ticket for Saturday and Sunday. Has it been confirmed if I'll be able to buy them on Friday?

Thanks

Yes, this has been confirmed and posted in a couple of other places. Sorry, but the question came up so often I must have missed this. All tickets but Saturday standard will be on sale from door opening Friday. Saturday standard is only available on the day.