So bad it's good!

Donald

Now as a horror fan I can safely say I watch a lot of BAD movies! Whilst generally I don't particularly enjoy watching bad movies every once in a while I discover something that is so unbelievably bad it becomes great! The best example of this I can think of is Troll 2! This is a film that is so poorly acted it has to be seen to be believed. The story is terrible However since I watched it back in the mid 90s on VHS I have always loved it! Another film that is 'so bad is good' is Killer Klowns From Outa Space'! Anyone else got any guilty pleasures they would like to share.

• Like 3

Hellgate is very much a WTF film I think it has a 2.6 rating on IMDB but there's still something fascinating about it.

By the way if you like Troll 2 there's a terrific documentary about it called Best Worst Movie

• Like 1

Guilty pleasure for me has gotta be Deep Rising. Even though I know its as cheesy as hell with not so clever acting, It has everything I would ever want in a movie. Big monsters, Big explosions, Lots of guns, some good gory moments, and a kick ass soundtrack. Not to mention the gorgeous Famke Janssen is in it.

I just love this movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8xD_-Kfg7g

Edited by Matthewman

By the way if you like Troll 2 there's a terrific documentary about it called Best Worst Movie

Agreed. Great documentary. I also highly recommend their next documentary that was released last year called The American Scream - about families building homemade haunted house attractions.

There are many 'So bad it's good!' films out there.. a selection that comes to mind:

Rabid Grannies (1988)

http://youtu.be/zFT3SZgaF-w

Flesh Eating Mothers (1989)

The Burning Moon (1997)

Basket Case 3 - The Progeny (1991)

The Video Dead (1987)

The Gingerdead Man (2005)

http://youtu.be/xsOtcEOkJ-I

Breeders (1986)

My Mom's A Werewolf (1988)

http://youtu.be/mMH6b4y7UE8

Ghoulies 2 (1988)

Jack Frost (1997)

Demonic Toys (1992)

Edited by Graphic_Delusions
  • Like 2

Watched American Scream last year, a very good documentary and I'm not ashamed to admit my heart went out to the main family at how much money they were ploughing into it I was just so desperate for it to work out for them. I won't spoil the ending but I do recommend people watch it as is a great documentary.

Does anyone remember the film Terrorvision, used to like it as a kid but I can't bring myself to watch it again just in case it ruins my opinion of it.

I've mentioned it before but I'll mention it again Chopping Mall, it's bad but by god its awesome too

• Like 1

Hah Forgot all about Jack Frost, there was a lot of love for that film in my office for a while.

jack frost 2 made jack frost look like a masterpiece.

Anybody remember a film from the 80s called Deadly friend? It had a great ending and a wicked basketball kill scene

• Like 1

II've mentioned it before but I'll mention it again Chopping Mall, it's bad but by god its awesome too

As far as I'm concerned Chopping Mall should be mentioned whenever possible whether is applies to the conversation in hand or not! In this case it applies perfectly! An absolutely fantastically bad movie! The Killbots are a cross between Johnny 5 and Freddy Kruger so immediately your on to a winner! How awesome if showmasters set up a photo op with one of them! "Thank you, have a nice day!"

Matthewman my favourite line in Troll 2 is "Michael who are the Goblins?" It cracks me up every time I watch it! So random I love it!

• Like 2

Ghoulies 2 & 3 spring straight to mind.The first one was pretty awful but I really enjoyed 2 & 3.

I really liked some of the cheapy fullmoon films from the late 80s too, Hideous, Head of The Family and Blood Dolls.

Watched American Scream last year, a very good documentary and I'm not ashamed to admit my heart went out to the main family at how much money they were ploughing into it I was just so desperate for it to work out for them. I won't spoil the ending but I do recommend people watch it as is a great documentary.

Does anyone remember the film Terrorvision, used to like it as a kid but I can't bring myself to watch it again just in case it ruins my opinion of it.

I've mentioned it before but I'll mention it again Chopping Mall, it's bad but by god its awesome too

Terrorvision is brilliant. Bought the blu ray last year (its on a double bill with "The Video Dead) its got a great theme song too.

Hah Forgot all about Jack Frost, there was a lot of love for that film in my office for a while.

jack frost 2 made jack frost look like a masterpiece.

Anybody remember a film from the 80s called Deadly friend? It had a great ending and a wicked basketball kill scene

Love "Deadly Friend" the basketball scene alone is gold.

I think horror fans are the most forgiving around. Cheese is good.

• Like 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma9eVUjtYcI

Demon Warp

How could I have forgotten about this bad boy? I picked it up from my local video store for 50p in the bargain bin back in the day. Gratuitous boobs, a plot that makes no sense, George Freaking Kennedy, a cabin in the woods. What's not to love

Edited by smcelhenny
  • Like 2