FRIDAY PREVIEW EVENING LFCC?

Ok thanks very much. We are only going to come for Stan Lee anyway and it states he is signing on the Friday.

Will the virtual queueing system still be in place and also will Stan Lee sign anything or will he just be signing 8x10s ??

The virtual queuing system will be in place, he'll also probably still be busy so i'd recommend getting there early to get a low number!

As to what Stan will sign in an ongoing topic some are saying he'll only sign official items but nothing is confirmed, he'll definitely sign 8x10s, comics i suppose ect, best thing you can do is if you have something specific you want him to sign, take it with you, worst they can say is no, better to have it and get told no than not take it and find out later you could have got it signed :)

Good idea. Will be doing dedications? I really hope so. If he does do dedications will they have the same system in place that they had for Johnny Bernthal cause on that one you had like a green slip where they actually wrote your name and then you handed it them at the table.

It's ok cause last time I met a lot of American guests and they had a hard time hearing my name. Sam jones thought I said habbah (I don't know anyone who is called that) when I said hannah. If they don't have that system in place I think I might take a post it note with my name on and hand it to them at the signing table, would that be ok ?

Good idea. Will be doing dedications? I really hope so. If he does do dedications will they have the same system in place that they had for Johnny Bernthal cause on that one you had like a green slip where they actually wrote your name and then you handed it them at the table.

It's ok cause last time I met a lot of American guests and they had a hard time hearing my name. Sam jones thought I said habbah (I don't know anyone who is called that) when I said hannah. If they don't have that system in place I think I might take a post it note with my name on and hand it to them at the signing table, would that be ok ?

Sorry, but there's no way to tell now if he'll be doing dedications. If he's doing them the system might be in place, it's often used for the most busy guests. But if you bring post its of your own that's of course more safe and it's considered absolutely okay. I always carry a whole pack myself cause I keep misplacing mine. :lol:

Well I've got my fingers crossed and I think I might take my post it notes with me and just stick one on anyway if they say no dedications, I've been to a lot of book signings like that where they say no dedications and I just stick a post it note on and they just dedicate it.

I hope he will though.

Will showmasters know if he will do dedications or will it just be decided on the day?

I think it'll be down to Stan on the Day - dpending on the queues and how he feels... He may start out and then get tired so stop.

Peter Dinklage was like that throughout LFCC last year. He had a massive schedule with talks, photo shoots and an ever increasing autograph line... I believe he ended up with almost permanent cramp on Sunday due to the amount of signings he had done so far. I was lucky to get in right at the start of the last signing session on Sunday and he personalised my photo shoot but others towards the end were not so lucky.

As with authgraphs in general I think getting in early might be your best bet.

• 1 month later...

Just to double check, for the photo session tickets available to purchase for the Friday, will actually go ahead on the Friday preview night starting at 6pm right? E.g Summer and Terry.

Unless the guest is ill/etc then yes. The exact timings for photo shoots have not be announced yet.
  • Like 1

Thanks. I assume if they are unavailable, we can use that ticket on Sat/Sun?

Last year Showmasters allowed you to use photo tickets on the Friday night from other days to help reduce the queues I guess on Sat/Sun. So if you had a Saturday photo shoot ticket say for Danny Glover, you were able to use it on the Friday. This announcement was made officially though, so always best to confirm officially as there could be significant time implications for a busy guest if all their Friday photoshoots were moved to another day.

• Like 1

• Moderators

In the highly unlikely event that only the Friday night photoshoot of a guest is cancelled, go to the sales or organisers desk. A decision (likely based on numbers/timing etc) will have been made about what happens to those with tickets once the cancellation is confirmed and should be communicated to the crew there. It's really not a situation anyone expects to happen, though.

• Like 1

Thanks. I assume if they are unavailable, we can use that ticket on Sat/Sun?

Last year Showmasters allowed you to use photo tickets on the Friday night from other days to help reduce the queues I guess on Sat/Sun. So if you had a Saturday photo shoot ticket say for Danny Glover, you were able to use it on the Friday. This announcement was made officially though, so always best to confirm officially as there could be significant time implications for a busy guest if all their Friday photoshoots were moved to another day.

Thanks for your feedback.

I really would like to hear from someone from Showmasters in that case to confirm this. I don't want to spend buyinf a couple of Friday shoots, them not go ahead, and me not being able to transfer them to a sat. or sun. I don't want to end up with just a refund and no photos.

In the highly unlikely event that only the Friday night photoshoot of a guest is cancelled, go to the sales or organisers desk. A decision (likely based on numbers/timing etc) will have been made about what happens to those with tickets once the cancellation is confirmed and should be communicated to the crew there. It's really not a situation anyone expects to happen, though.

Ah, I just posted when you did, thank you.