underground

Don't know about the underground, but according to the TFL planner there's a replacement bus service between Surrey Quays and Clapham Junction on the Overground service for the Sunday (you can get around it by taking the Milton Keynes-bound Southern Line from Clapham Junction or the Upminster/Edgware/Tower Hill-bound District Line from Wimbledon to West Brompton instead). FYI for those coming via Clapham Junction!

Edited by CosmicAvatar

Thanks!

Looks like for the first time ever i can get to earls court without any line closures or problems. Wahay :-)

Don't witch yourself....famous last words and all that! :)

I for one am looking forward to not having to try and work out getting a bus from Earl's Court to Paddington for once on Sunday!

Hey,

I'm a foreigner and i must admit that this :

"KING'S CROSS ST.PANCRAS STATION, PICCADILLY LINE: If you require level access between train and platform, please use car 5 for Oakwood. Please use car 2 for Green Park, Earls' Court, Hounslow West and Heathrow Terminals 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. Reported: 14/09/12 14:21 Last updated: 14/09/12 14:22

EARLS' COURT STATION, PICCADILLY LINE: If you require level access between train and platform, please use car 5 for Green Park, Kings Cross St.Pancras and Oakwood. Please use car 2 for Hounslow West and Heathrow Terminals 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. Reported: 14/09/12 14:17 Last updated: 14/09/12 14:19"

is unreadable :)

To all of you that know the underground very well, this should be obvious, i'll be travelling from St Pancras International to Earls court on PICCADILLY line, should i expect a problem ?

Thank you.

Hey,

I'm a foreigner and i must admit that this :

"KING'S CROSS ST.PANCRAS STATION, PICCADILLY LINE: If you require level access between train and platform, please use car 5 for Oakwood. Please use car 2 for Green Park, Earls' Court, Hounslow West and Heathrow Terminals 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. Reported: 14/09/12 14:21 Last updated: 14/09/12 14:22

EARLS' COURT STATION, PICCADILLY LINE: If you require level access between train and platform, please use car 5 for Green Park, Kings Cross St.Pancras and Oakwood. Please use car 2 for Hounslow West and Heathrow Terminals 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. Reported: 14/09/12 14:17 Last updated: 14/09/12 14:19"

is unreadable :)

To all of you that know the underground very well, this should be obvious, i'll be travelling from St Pancras International to Earls court on PICCADILLY line, should i expect a problem ?

Thank you.

The trains are made up of multiple "cars". Not all stations are the same - for instance, Cutty Sark and Elverson Road DLR stations are shorter, so the train is slightly too long. That means the first two doors of car 1 and the last two doors of car 5 (or whatever it is) won't open as they are not level with a platform.

The message above is similar - for those who require step-free access (e.g. people in wheelchairs or on crutches), they are saying that the best car to use is car 5 (if you're getting the Piccadilly line from Earls Court or King's Cross for the listed stations.

If you're able to take steps, then ignore the message.

please confirm some one

district line from victoria to earls court is running tomorrow

Victoria to Earls Court with the District line on Saturday and Sunday won't be a problem.

Also, tip for efficiency: if you're travelling from East or Central London (like Victoria), you should aim for the first carriage of the train when you get on; the first/second doors will let you alight right by the exit to the Earls Court Exhibition Centre. For those travelling from the west (Richmond, Ealing, Wimbledon branches), you should aim for the third door from the back of the last carriage. :smile:

• Like 1