Poss up to 20 guests for 20th anniversary!

ang.chong

on the RDA note, i remember many fans from france and america at that, they will come for a tent pole. esp him, and if the line up is as big as 20 with him, will push even more pplt to commit, as 20 is i think more than the usual number for the bigger stargate cons in the US isnt it? whenever ive looked its around 10 ish.

is this event, 8.1 the event we are talking about or would it be 8.2?

Edited by timelord81r

I agree with that comment, Richard would be the guest to really get the interest peaked. If you slowly sell tickets and then as soon as 100 go, you announce a minor guest, you're gonna struggle to sell even another 100, but if you make all of them main cast(primarily SG1 and Atlantis) and start with someone like Richard(or Kurt obviously) then you'll be onto a winner. I would love to attend this, but it would definitely depend on a lot more guests, as i'm at the point now where i've met almost everyone from SG1 and Atlantis(have no interest in Universe guests) and I would only really go if you had a LOT of the main casts, or got a couple of the people who i've never met, like Peter Williams or Rainbow Sun Francks

I deff think SGU needs to be better represented, was a good show that not many ppl gave a chance imo. i think too many ppl were upset that atlantis was cxl and wouldnt give SGU a chance. but if youre gonna do this, then RDA is surely the best way to go on many fronts.

i dont think robert caryle is obtainable, esp for this type of event (cost wise) maybe im wrong

Maybe some people didn't give it a chance, personally I did, as did other people i know and thought it was terrible(as did they) I did love Atlantis but the cancellation had nothing to do with it as I was actually looking forward to Universe. I just thought it was a show with a great potential story that ended up working it really badly.

• Like 1

I actually dreamed last night that you sold 150,000 tickets! It made the news!

Somehow I think that's unlikely to actually happen, but I'm definitely going to try and talk all my friends into getting a ticket. I think a lot of them would do it if there were some big SG1 guests announced, but personally I'm already sold on who we have!

• Like 1

to get numbers to reach for gettitng 2000 atendees/20 guests we need people like - RDA, claudia black and robert carlyle to all be at the event. they are all ones who rarely have done things in the uk so the chance to meet them ALL at one event would certainly draw big crowds.

• Like 2

Been watching this with interest this evening. I totally get that SM own the forum and control the posts. My point would be that how are 2000 people ever going to be convinced to buy tickets for an event without any decent headline guests (as mentioned by many above), and that the booking of one of the few 'confirmed' guests seems to have been a shambles. I'm new to the forum I agree, but officious replies from admin and deletion of posts does little to inspire confidence. I hope things get sorted out quickly, and some level of organization returns to matters - otherwise I will stick to meeting the Stargate guests at LFCC! That way, if they cancel at least there should be a few decent fall-back guests to meet (Danny Glover in particular :dance: ).

Well ive already got my ticket....and as far as im concerned it could be the same line up as 8.0 and id still be looking forward to 8.1...... It was a great weekend as far as i was concerned, Its still a fair way away and anything can happen in that time. I love the fact its pure stargate, and going into 8.0 never having been to one, was less interested in some guests.....but they all were great in my humble opinion.

line up is ok. needs some wow factor for me. Met all the guests before, some on numerous occasions, as have have my friends who haven't even bothered getting tickets yet. They were all gold at 8.0...which they bought on the Sunday morning.

• 4 weeks later...

Its a bit of catch - 22. i can only really go to one con a year and i'm keen on this one as big Stagate and Atlantis fan (not so much SGU), but don't want to commit without a headline guest. Of course by doing that it stops them being able to book a headline guest. Arrrgggg.

I'll maybe book after i've got my finances sorted after LFCC!! A big draw for me would definately be Claudia or Ben, they are the only main two i have still to meet and are my favourite.

Going to seriously think about this now :)

Its a bit of catch - 22. i can only really go to one con a year and i'm keen on this one as big Stagate and Atlantis fan (not so much SGU), but don't want to commit without a headline guest. Of course by doing that it stops them being able to book a headline guest. Arrrgggg.

Erm... Joe Flanigan has already been announced. Maybe it's not a headline guest you like, but I am sure a lot of people will be with me when I say he is a headline guest for any Stargate convention.

Erm... Joe Flanigan has already been announced. Maybe it's not a headline guest you like, but I am sure a lot of people will be with me when I say he is a headline guest for any Stargate convention.

Joe flanigan plays the military leader of the Atlantis mission, he is in all of the Atlantis episodes and in SG1 season 10 Pegasus project. He is a great actor and plays the part of sheppard well. The only other character to equal him in atlantis is Rodney McKay and David Hewlett was at the last chevron. I think to undermine his importance as a stargate actor by saying he is not a headliner is a bit unfair. Other actors might have had more high profile work outside the stargate franchise but this is av stargate convention.

Thanks guys I know who he is. Met him at EMS - I forgot how quickly folk fire back on the forums :)

I should have been more specific in my words, and said a headline guest that was more of a particular draw to me as I had met Joe before and I found at that event he didn't seem that keen and didn't really interact. However different setting different day could be a completely different experience but to push me to buy I'll be hanging off to see next announcement

Edited by red8886

I was lucky enough to meet most of the Harry potter cast when they were filming chamber of secrets as the older films were filmed around here, they had different moods one day to the next but were all mostly lovely people. Having said that all these years on growing up and more fame could have changed them. You've just got to give people a chance.