"The Yank"

jenny

Not sure if someone has already posted about this but I thought I would anyway.

Is this why Elijah is going to be in London???

LOS ANGELES — Move over, Schwarzenegger, Stallone and Van Damme, because the list of movie stars who have busted their butts to learn how to kick ass in a movie has just gotten a new name.

"I've been in fight training," Elijah Wood revealed at this week's premiere for "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind," the smart new drama in which he co-stars with Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet (see "Jim Carrey, Kate Winslet, Elijah Wood Bask In 'Eternal Sunshine' At Premiere").

It's all in preparation for the movie "The Yank," which the "Lord of the Rings" star will be shooting for six weeks in England beginning later this month.

"It's a movie about English football — soccer — and hooliganism," he explained. "Fans of football there sort of form these factions and fight amongst [each other]. It's a massive part of the culture. It's all throughout Europe and a lot of it is prevalent in England. I play an American who gets mixed up in that world after coming over to visit his sister."

"The Yank," originally titled "Hooligans" (see "What Lies Ahead For The Hobbits?"), was written by Dougie Brimson, a former serviceman, and is being directed by Lexi Alexander, whose short film "Johnny Flynton" earned an Oscar nomination in 2002. In addition to Wood, the cast includes Ross McCall ("Band of Brothers") and "Nicholas Nickleby" star Charlie Hunnam, last seen in "Cold Mountain."

"It'll be pretty incredibly violent and realistic," Wood promised with a grin. "It'll be fun."

"The Yank" (which could very well be called "Hooligans" again before it's released) is due in theaters next year.

Wood has also completed work on the animated feature "Happy Feet," with Robin Williams and Brittany Murphy, which should surface sometime in 2006.

For more Hollywood happenings, check out MTV's Movie House

yeah he should pop into c5! surprise visit (while im very close...) yay!! see, if its a surprise then we wont get the hoardes of people there like c4... oooh exciting. but if he does a surprise visit then i should be very near to him...at all times since i never got to see him at c4.

oh it scarred me for life.

anyway. ooooh, my friend works at a football stadium, and she can get me a job there too maybe he;ll film some bits there (quite unlikely but a girl can dream)

Does anyone know where in London he' filming? My dad's going to watch Chelsea in April time, so maybe he might see him! HeHe, I said if you see anyone famous like Elijah get his autograph & say I'm a huge fan LoL

Love 'n' Hugs,

Helen Hobbit Feet x X x

Once my brother went to a football match.. I think it was England.. not to sure.. Well it was my birthday & my brother was next to Ant & Dec so they got them to sign me a birthday card! I dunno where it is now though :(:D

Love 'n' Hugs,

Helen Hobbit Feet x X x

Once my brother went to a football match.. I think it was England.. not to sure.. Well it was my birthday & my brother was next to Ant & Dec so they got them to sign me a birthday card! I dunno where it is now though :(:D

Love 'n' Hugs,

Helen Hobbit Feet x X x

u had a birthday card signed by ant and dec :(:blink:

that is so cool!!!!! i would love that!!! :D

OMG!

I'm seeing.....

oh, and about elijah.... my friend found out He is gonna be filming at West Ham stadium on Saturday the 27th of March!!!!!

And also...

i just read that elijah might be staying in london until june (i think thats when the Euro2004 tournament starts)

Eeeeek! Why o why don't I live in London? *groan*

I guess we can all look out for him in TV shows during this time. Tape every chat show running, every day! :huh:

Kilty xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

was written by Dougie Brimson,

This name sounds so familiar, I'm sure my step dad used to know this bloke, must remember to ask Jezebel now!!!!!!!!!!

His brother (Christian name escapes me) wrote a book about his experiences at a recent world cup, but I can't for the life of me remember the exact title even though there's a copy of it sitting near my bed - it's something like "Tickets, Teargas and Touts" or something like that - and I think they've written a couple of books together about football.

Yeah, we would all suddenly be her new best friend! ;)

Unfortunately she now works for the tax office, so no-one is her friend! :(

LOLOLOL! :huh: Except maybe Tony Blair................................. ;)

Or Gordon "Droopy" Brown. ;)

Haha, "droopy" - true! :D

Yeah, we would all suddenly be her new best friend! :blink:

Unfortunately she now works for the tax office, so no-one is her friend! :P

LOLOLOL! :D Except maybe Tony Blair................................. ;)

Or Gordon "Droopy" Brown. :lol:

Haha, "droopy" - true! :lol:

Well I was trying to think who he reminded me off, Kilty - and then I realised that the poor man is a cross between the wonderful Simon Callow (ask your Aunty Rosie!) and Droopy the cartoon dog. ;) I think it's the hang-dog expression and the jowls myself. :lol:

Wasnt GN shot in New York?

Anyway, I cant wait to see Lij being all rough and tough and sexy!!! Ive also heard that Charlie Hunnam is in this film too and hes well buff too!!!

This film will be one for us ladies I reckon!! And because its about bloody football we can take our boyfs along to see it too!! Result!!