Guest Change - NORMAN REEDUS

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

We are sorry that Norman will not be attending Collectormania. However, he will now be attending London Film and Con Con in July.

UPDATE:

The photoshoots have only been on sale for a day or so. As such no tickets have been posted out yet. If you have bought a photoshoot ticket for Norman at Collectormania you will be AUTOMATICALLY REFUNDED in the next 3 days. If you wish to have a photo with Norman at London Film and Comic Con you will need to order again through the LFCC online shop.

Norman's tickets for LFCC are not on sale yet, and will not be until the end of the week to allow all those who did purchase his tickets to have their monies refunded in time to purchase new ones.

We felt that this was the fairest way to avoid any extra postage charges for those wanting to return their tickets. Once again please note that you will need to RE-ORDER your ticket for LFCC. No tickets will be carried over as ALL will be refunded.

We are sorry for the inconvenience but hope you can make it to see Norman at LFCC as he he very much looking forward to meeting you.

Thanks.

The Showmasters Team

ppfffffffffffff

normally the level of the LFCC and CMK are the same but since 2 or 3 years the level of CMK are bad and the level of the LFCC are fantastic

my friends refuse already to come to MK ... this year the level is (for the moment) really badly, the next time you can organise directly a DrWho or Star Trek event and not a collectormania ....

ps. sorry for my english ... and I'm really a fan of Showmasters ...

• Moderators

although i am going to both would it be possible to have a replacement walking dead star some one like irone singleton or maybe Steven yeun or even Jeffrey DeMunn he would be excellant

I highly doubt they will 'replace' a guest that wasn't meant to be here in the first place.

I don't know what guests they're getting but I can't see them going out of their way to specifically do that.

For you personally. For me the last few MKs have been amazing! I've not had below 8 guests for years now at an MK.

Hell even without Norman I have more guests for this MK than this LFCC.

Its all personal opinion.

yes of course is my personal opinion... is a forum and the goal is discute ....

I begining the CMK with the no. 10 and was a dream ... actually, for me, the level decrease every year

ps. for the moment I have 17 guests for the LFCC and ... 3 for the CMK ... no comment

Personally this works better for me as I can only really afford one convention and I was already planning on going to LFCC for a few of the other awesome guests :)

I ordered my photo ticket last night xD but thank you for refunding! When Norman was announced for LFCC I thought he was attending both so was hoping to somehow sell the ticket on or something. Phew!

Can't wait for July! x

Well, that sucks. Just when I think CM is getting a great new guest and it's whipped away. My excitement level for MK has returned to minimal. Still, here's hoping for better news down the line.

I have to agree with jbourne and sagart - i think the quantity of star guests going to Milton Keynes compared to the ones going to London is not at all fair? It seems odd that even though Milton Keynes is earlier in the calender it hasn't got half as many guests as London.....yet.

It seems when people started saying they wished Norman Reedus was going to LFCC it started the ball rolling in their direction?

Edit by QS: I've removed part of your post. Those issues were all discussed to death last year and the bar issue was found to be a temporary problem.

It seems when people started saying they wished Norman Reedus was going to LFCC it started the ball rolling in their direction?

Jason has stated in his original post that Norman was offered both dates and chose LFCC - as we meanwhile know there was a reason for this choice was very likely because he has another commitment in the States the same weekend as LFACC.

Sometimes it just happens and one event has more for one attendee than for the other. Unfortunately that sometimes even hapens a couple of events in a row. That has nothing to do with the venue or the event.

Leonard Nimoy and Nathan Filion (who attracted a lot of fans, although I realize they are not favorite guests for everyone) both were in MK and not at LFACC. Patrick Stewart attended Milton Keynes too and did his first photosession there.

Jason has stated in his original post that Norman was offered both dates and chose LFCC - as we meanwhile know there was a reason for this choice was very likely because he has another commitment in the States the same weekend as LFACC.

Sometimes it just happens and one event has more for one attendee than for the other. Unfortunately that sometimes even hapens a couple of events in a row. That has nothing to do with the venue or the event.

Leonard Nimoy and Nathan Filion (who attracted a lot of fans, although I realize they are not favorite guests for everyone) both were in MK and not at LFACC. Patrick Stewart attended Milton Keynes too and did his first photosession there.

Fair enough - I didn't catch Jason's post (not in this thread?).

Wasn't trying to stir anything - just a little concerned that all the more desirable guests (for me anyway) seem to going to LFCC - mainly sour grapes from me as I cant make London due to a prior engagement and can only make Milton Keynes. :)

Here's hoping for some guests to trump LFCC! :YAHOO:

Sorry - too many Norman Reedus' topics. :YAHOO: I lost track for a moment.

The post I meant was in the original announcement topic:

hi everyone

we put up our hands its our fault .

we offered Norman both the london LFCC date and the Collectomaina date and i did not pick up on it being the LFCC date that he chose so we put it up on the forum wrong.

So technically speaking Norman should have never even been announced for CM.

It seems Milton Keynes always gets the real good guests (well per my definition, and I know that's sometimes off by a lot :P) on a bit shorter notice for some reason. Maybe it's the end of the football season. Or maybe they all have prior engagements too. ;) It's still over 4 months to go, plenty of time for the guest list to grow.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Sorry - too many Norman Reedus' topics. :YAHOO: I lost track for a moment.

The post I meant was in the original announcement topic:

hi everyone

we put up our hands its our fault .

we offered Norman both the london LFCC date and the Collectomaina date and i did not pick up on it being the LFCC date that he chose so we put it up on the forum wrong.

Also think the confusion is because I believe that topic was closed and hidden. I haven't seen it lately and it's no longer the 'post them back' as they weren't yet sent. Everyone is being given a refund and asked to re-order as soon as they are put in the store.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

The topic hasn't been hidden. It's still on the first page.

Ah, I see where my confusion was, on the first page on the thread it says 'The photoshoots have only been on sale for a day or so. As such no tickets have been posted out yet. If you have bought a photoshoot ticket for Norman at Collectormania you will be AUTOMATICALLY REFUNDED in the next 3 days. If you wish to have a photo with Norman at London Film and Comic Con you will need to order again through the LFCC online shop. '

Post 59 on the same thread from Jason says 'anyone not being able to attend the LFCC date in July if you just send them back your tickets for a full refund.'

Also think the confusion is because I believe that topic was closed and hidden. I haven't seen it lately and it's no longer the 'post them back' as they weren't yet sent. Everyone is being given a refund and asked to re-order as soon as they are put in the store.

It's unpinned, that's all that has happened. But you are correct about the "post them back" part - I'll get the original post re-phrased.