Still Unofficial?

CharlotteP

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure if Jason knew a time frame, he would say more than 'soon' .. just be patient if you can!
No offence but I didn't need telling to be patient, I have been pretty patient, its the first time I've asked & I've not pestered anybody. I was just asking & expressing how excited for news I am Edited by Mrs Cullen

• Moderators

No need to get angry ^_^

I know how frustrating it is for people. Just trying to make it clear that Jason and Mark will tell all as soon as they can, and sadly lots of people asking can't change that. They're as excited as everyone else!

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone! :D

I just wanted to come on and say that we are still working on things with Summit so please bear with us! ;)

There is not really much more I can say on the subject at the moment but I just wanted to re-assure everyone that we are listening to you and we are working hard to ensure that ET7 will be the best event yet! :D

Thanks for all your support and we are excited about the Twilight journey we still have to take with you all in 2012! :lol:

Mark :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Do we have an update on this subject yet? Obviously time is passing and the convention is approaching fast but we are yet to see any of the main characters on the guest list?

I kind of booked my ticket based on the information given at ET6 so i'm getting a little concerned ...

Any info at all would be appreciated thanks :)

Unfortunately if there were news they would be posted here or on the event site. So I'm afraid there isn't any update yet.

Peter Facinelli and Kellan Lutz have both attended before the events became official, so the official status yes/no should not be a major factor there.

Unfortunately if there were news they would be posted here or on the event site. So I'm afraid there isn't any update yet.

Peter Facinelli and Kellan Lutz have both attended before the events became official, so the official status yes/no should not be a major factor there.

Well it is because as the conventions have gone on the guest list calibre has indeed deteriorated.

The ET6 announcement specifically promised that being made official would mean landing more of the main characters rather than ones - as lovely as they are - we have hardly seen in the films.

Can we be sure that the 'contract' will even be finalised by ET7 if at all?

Edited by crescita

I have to admit after the disappointing guest list at ET6 me and my friends swore that would be our last ET (and we've been to all of them!) but then Showmasters assured us it will now be the official Twilight convention and promised us BIG guests! So we broke our promise to each other and all bought tickets for ET7.

Now months later and it's still NOT official and the 3 guests announced so far are not what I would consider BIG guests. I'm just being honest, so please don't hate on me.

Just hoping a big guest gets announced soon otherwise this will be our last one (for definite this time) and that would be sad.

I have to admit after the disappointing guest list at ET6 me and my friends swore that would be our last ET (and we've been to all of them!) but then Showmasters assured us it will now be the official Twilight convention and promised us BIG guests! So we broke our promise to each other and all bought tickets for ET7.

Now months later and it's still NOT official and the 3 guests announced so far are not what I would consider BIG guests. I'm just being honest, so please don't hate on me.

Just hoping a big guest gets announced soon otherwise this will be our last one (for definite this time) and that would be sad.

I understand your point very well. I didn't buy my ticket at ET6 (bought for the GAMES as I LOVE the books and looking forward to the movie) and still haven't bought my ticket as I am unsure. I really want to meet Noel Fisher but that's it. BooBoo is really really nice so it's a plus but am still waiting for the official status and more guests to be announced to buy a ticket as the cons cost a lot of money between the pass, the hotel, the travel and the little extra.

I went to ET 1,2 and reluctantly 3 - refused the last 3 due to lack of guests. whilst i understand that a lot of people go purely for the the whole wkend, I am really only interested in the guests as they made it for me at ET1

i was disappointed with the rest of it to be honest, i even told massive events this and i got a really rude email back.

At the end of the day its the quality of guests that sell tickets, and they know this because ticket sales are getting much slower and at every convention they give us a speech how the next one will be bigger and better than before and the guests will be BIG.. it has never happened!

I'll probably get a mouthful for being honest or my post will be deleted but that just shows they know i'm right. I also emailed E1 Entertainment to find out if the announcement about becoming official was true but i am yet to hear back..

• Moderators

No organiser is going to lie about that. Why would they? They'd just get into a lot of trouble with various organisations, and they would ruin all the hard work that they've done over the years.

No organiser can guarantee big guests either. It's the fickle nature of this business .. sometimes things can work out, and other times they don't. It happens to every single convention organiser out there.

Twilight has become bigger and bigger since the first one, and those guests have gone on to bigger and better things, and become far more expensive and more difficult to pin down for appearances. I'm sure as fans you are all happy for them.

Massive Events will give updates when they can. Unfortunately, as with getting guests, it's all down to waiting for things to be finalised elsewhere. I know people get disappointed and frustrated, but give a little thought to those who are trying their best to get it all done too. It's not easy for them either.

I went to ET 1,2 and reluctantly 3 - refused the last 3 due to lack of guests. whilst i understand that a lot of people go purely for the the whole wkend, I am really only interested in the guests as they made it for me at ET1

i was disappointed with the rest of it to be honest, i even told massive events this and i got a really rude email back.

At the end of the day its the quality of guests that sell tickets, and they know this because ticket sales are getting much slower and at every convention they give us a speech how the next one will be bigger and better than before and the guests will be BIG.. it has never happened!

I'll probably get a mouthful for being honest or my post will be deleted but that just shows they know i'm right. I also emailed E1 Entertainment to find out if the announcement about becoming official was true but i am yet to hear back..

I agree with everything you just said!

No organiser is going to lie about that. Why would they? They'd just get into a lot of trouble with various organisations, and they would ruin all the hard work that they've done over the years.

No organiser can guarantee big guests either. It's the fickle nature of this business .. sometimes things can work out, and other times they don't. It happens to every single convention organiser out there.

Twilight has become bigger and bigger since the first one, and those guests have gone on to bigger and better things, and become far more expensive and more difficult to pin down for appearances. I'm sure as fans you are all happy for them.

Massive Events will give updates when they can. Unfortunately, as with getting guests, it's all down to waiting for things to be finalised elsewhere. I know people get disappointed and frustrated, but give a little thought to those who are trying their best to get it all done too. It's not easy for them either.

^^This!

^^This!

I agree with David too. ME wouldn't lie just to sell tickets, because isn't that like fraud?! And they wouldn't want to disappoint attendees by saying "oh, sorry guys, we lied."

I don't believe SM/ME set out to deceive; I believe that they are honest decent folk, but I think their communications do sometimes let them down, or at least do them no favours.

When it comes to communicating with customers and selling tickets, you have two conflicting viewpoints.

The sales side says "sell the sizzle" and paint the upside. Tell the folks what you're aiming to do, how you're going to improve things, how you're aiming onward and upward, and take the (ticket-buying) crowd with you.

The customer service side says "manage expectations", under-promise and over-deliver, and that way people will be knocked out by the fact that you gave them way more than they expected.

The problem with the first approach is that you're setting up hostages to fortune - if you don't deliver all you said you wanted to, then to an extent you've failed. And it's very easy for you to say that you "want/aim" to do something, but people remember that as a promise. Cue unhappy punters.

The problem with the second approach is by selling "only" a realistic view of what youi can deliver, you may not sell that many tickets to start off with. You may impress the hell out of everybody who comes - but if that's only 200 people, that may not be enough.

The reality is that you have to have a blend of both approaches. Personally I think that SM/ME tend to veer too much towards the former approach. Just my personal opinion, but it would seem that I'm not the only one who feels that way.

I'm not suggesting they do it dishonestly, or even consciously - sometimes when you're really caught up in something it's easy to get carried away with the enthusiasm and possibilities of it all and lose a bit of grounding. Doesn't change the fact that it ends up disappointing people.

^^This!

I agree with David too. ME wouldn't lie just to sell tickets, because isn't that like fraud?! And they wouldn't want to disappoint attendees by saying "oh, sorry guys, we lied."

No one in their right mind would admit to lying!! that would just be stupid.

But as the last person said very well.. in this case i believe that they have focused more on the sales of tickets rather than customer service - and so they have taken the slightest little bit of hope and made into something so much more which in turn is going to make a lot of people very annoyed if they don't pull it off!

I don't believe SM/ME set out to deceive; I believe that they are honest decent folk, but I think their communications do sometimes let them down, or at least do them no favours.

When it comes to communicating with customers and selling tickets, you have two conflicting viewpoints.

The sales side says "sell the sizzle" and paint the upside. Tell the folks what you're aiming to do, how you're going to improve things, how you're aiming onward and upward, and take the (ticket-buying) crowd with you.

The customer service side says "manage expectations", under-promise and over-deliver, and that way people will be knocked out by the fact that you gave them way more than they expected.

The problem with the first approach is that you're setting up hostages to fortune - if you don't deliver all you said you wanted to, then to an extent you've failed. And it's very easy for you to say that you "want/aim" to do something, but people remember that as a promise. Cue unhappy punters.

The problem with the second approach is by selling "only" a realistic view of what youi can deliver, you may not sell that many tickets to start off with. You may impress the hell out of everybody who comes - but if that's only 200 people, that may not be enough.

The reality is that you have to have a blend of both approaches. Personally I think that SM/ME tend to veer too much towards the former approach. Just my personal opinion, but it would seem that I'm not the only one who feels that way.

I'm not suggesting they do it dishonestly, or even consciously - sometimes when you're really caught up in something it's easy to get carried away with the enthusiasm and possibilities of it all and lose a bit of grounding. Doesn't change the fact that it ends up disappointing people.

Exactly!

The problem is that they are damned if they do and damned if they don't!

I personally think the being OFFICIAL makes NO difference as what guests they can secure as if you look at the American Official Cons they have very similar guest lists to ours!

If they announce a BIG guest and then the person has to back out, ME get shot down in flames and the same is true for them NOT making any announcements!

I really do feel for the organisers as they do try very hard and on the whole they deliver a very good package.

You can please some of the people some of the time BUT never all of the people all of the time!

I would love to have more details for ET7 as I am bringing my Daughter to her 1st Con and it would be fabulous to give her more news, but I fully understand that this may not be possible just now and have assured her that no Matter who turns up we will have a smashin time!! :-)

You also need to remember that Summat are in the process of being bought out by Lionsgate and it probably isn't Showmasters holding everything up!

Yes, that would certainly put a current stop on progress. From my experience of corporate buyouts, parties want to have as much clarity as possible about what is being bought and sold, so that they can have the best chance of working out an acceptable price all round. What that tends to mean is that any expenditure/recruitment/business deals which are not immediately essential or business as usual are put on hold to stop them complicating the issue. Once all the peperwork has gone through, then progress can be resumed, although there may be a short delay whilst the new owners are brought up to speed on such deals (and assuming that they find them acceptable and are willing to let them proceed). But yes, if Summit is in the throes of being bought out, I wouldn't expect any progress on this event getting official status until several days after the sale/acquisition goes through, at the very earliest.

I've not been to an ET event before as, to be honest, the guest list in recent times has been pretty poor. I was close to booking for last year’s event but when Kellan pulled out and with seriously strapped funds, I decided to save my cash.

My friends went to ET6 and phoned me during the event when it was announced the next one would be official and there would be better guests and I was so excited I booked as soon as the tickets came on sale.

I could lie and say, "I don't mind what guests turn up, I’m just there for the atmosphere" but I cannot really afford to throw £88 (and the price of the hotel rooms, yeesh) away when for the price of going to the midnight showings with my twi-friends there is probably a very similar amazing atmosphere. (Especially when we go out before hand and bump into other twi-fans!)

I booked in the belief that the guest calibre would be greater, I do not have my head in the clouds, I was not expecting one of the power three, meeting one of the Cullens would be amazing! I am so jealous of my friends for meeting Peter and Ashley and the stories they tell me!

I understand its difficult working behind the scenes trying to make everyone happy and make the latest event the best ever, but you have put a lot of pressure on yourselves for making that announcement at the last event. You knew how everyone would react and that their expectations would raise. On reflection it would have been better (and a lot more decent of you) for nothing to be announced until it WAS official.

I paid for my ticket in the hopes of meeting someone I have admired for years and, at the moment, I feel like I have been conned out of my money :D

35 days until the convention and so far we've heard nothing:(

I would be happy if guests like Elizabeth Reaser (Esme), Nikki Reed (Rosalie) and Cam Gigandet (James) were announced !!

Some of the originals that spark a bit of Real Twilight excitement like Peter, Ashley and Kellan did.. I really cant explain to those who did not attend ET1 how different the buzz was.

even guests like Julia Jones (Leah) or Xavier Samuel (Riley) would jazz up the guest list with just one cullan.

One little tinsy cullen ;) *sigh* arghh i think i might cry.

I'm a single mum/full time student which im sure many people at these things are too, so for me/us money isnt disposable.. i ONLY booked these tickets for one reason and one reason only..

the announcement at ET6 saying that it was to become official and that would mean bigger and better guests..

Im started to feel cheated. i'm sorry but i am

Edited by crescita

• Moderators

I do understand disappointment from people but coming on here and repeatedly asking for Cullens and updates etc really isn't going to change anything.

Sadly things get announced if and when they can, and nothing can change that. Plus, it is a Twilight con, not a Cullen con as we say every time.

I know you all need to vent but at the same time it really doesn't help anyone.