Not Blown Away

MorningAngel

• Moderators

If it's your first Hub then you've missed many great guests. Unfortunately they can't repeat the same lineups all the time, so they do have to spread them out. Plus they like to get different/new guests wherever possible, so perhaps that's why it seems a little underwhelming to you personally.

this is gonna be my... 6th hub i think,

and i have to say i've had a few umms about guests in the past, but tbh i learn way back at the start that if you only go for the guests, your gonna miss the best part.

MorningAngel I'm happy we have a writer. and despite not paying much attention to MD it'll be cool to hear from the two cooper seniors

don't roll your eyes or you'll miss the fun is what i think i'm trying to say

This is my first Hub and no offence to the guests coming, I'm not blown away. So far it seems to be Gwen's family reunion without even Gwen.

This statement is perplexing...

I've been to all 6 Hubs and we have had at least 3 Hubs where the guests didn't @blow me away@.

This event however, has one of the best line ups in recent years. I for one am really looking forward to it.

To be honest, at some of the past Hubs the best guests have been those who I didn't expect to 'blow me away' as you put it. Who could forget Ian Gelder's party piece, or Cush Jumbo's reaction when she realised Naoko was in Ab Fab?

Don't judge them until you've been to the event itself - these people may well have many a funny or interesting story to tell and we could be in for an amazing weekend.

Throw a bit of JB into the mix and who knows where those talks will lead?!

To be honest, at some of the past Hubs the best guests have been those who I didn't expect to 'blow me away' as you put it. Who could forget Ian Gelder's party piece, or Cush Jumbo's reaction when she realised Naoko was in Ab Fab?

Don't judge them until you've been to the event itself - these people may well have many a funny or interesting story to tell and we could be in for an amazing weekend.

Very true. I remember meeting one of the presenters from the shopping channel at the ideal home show and we thought 'Oh no not him' but he was great and has been one of our favourite presenters ever since.

So the proof of the pudding...

all i'm saying is i NEVER thought i'd meet Olivia Hallinan, one of the hottest actresses (and women imo) in the uk. but thanks to SM and ME i got my chance last Hub

and Matt Rippy still remembers i said he was a better dancer than John Barrowman waay back at hub 2 (my first) which is an achievement to say i had trouble speaking to the attendees let alone the guests.

come back on here after the hub, I'll bet my True Blood you've changed your mind

Edited by Midnight

I have found some of the supporting cast have occasionally outshone some of the main cast so don’t think they won’t be entertaining or enlightening and be prepared to have fun :thumbup:

Matt & Murray, as mentioned above

Ben Lloyd Holmes (it is Holmes isn't it?)

Gerard Carey

They were all fun guests.

Also especially for the guest stars, a lot of them have never done any Sci-Fi before & they sometimes have interesting things to say. And the ones who have never done any conventions before often end up being some of the best!

Morgan

I've been to all the Hubs and have only been disappointed in one guest. Like others have said there can be real surprises, especially if the guests are good sports. And believe me if you have Kai as a guest you'll be completely blown away.....he's a con legend ;)

I've been to all the Hubs and have only been disappointed in one guest. Like others have said there can be real surprises, especially if the guests are good sports. And believe me if you have Kai as a guest you'll be completely blown away.....he's a con legend :thumbup:

I never quite understood why people were so desperate for Kai to attend until I saw him at one of these things for myself - he is hysterical and makes the whole weekend a blast. Usually good for the odd broken chair, or for falling up the steps to the stage as well. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed! And very well said, I must add. :smile:

But my real reason for replying is to say that I'm still stinging from not being able to attend Hub 4, and that's precisely because of the events described in this comment! I've found that the Hubs have always had priceless moments and interactions amongst guests and attendees that made me sign up repeatedly to fly across the Pond. I've also made some very great friends at these events that I might not otherwise have met at all.

And very strong agreements about Kai, Matt and Murray! Seriously, it's impossible not to have fun with Kai on-board. They might even have a law against it.:o