Tickets question?

Lizzy87

Hi!

I'm sorry if this has already been asked but this is my first big convention (I went to a Buffy one in Brighton about 8 years ago) and I'm not sure how the tickets work - so far I've got ones for Alex Kingston and Diana Rigg for the Saturday with the early bird entry ticket but other than that I'm a little stuck? I've heard about virtual tickets and your given a number from a certain group but is there a way to make sure I'm not in 1-100 for Alex Kingston and the same for Diana Rigg incase they are held at the same time?

Many thanks

Lizzy

It doesn't really matter if they are the same number - you can join an autograph queue any time after your ticket has been called. For example, both queues get to the 200-250 before lunch, and you have 210. You can go to Alex, get hers, go eat, then join Diana's queue after. The important ones time wise are obviously the photo ones so make sure you know what time the shoots are and, if the photoshoots clash, you speak to a crew member as soon as you can :)

Virtual Tickets are for autographs of the bigger guests. It's to minimise the Queue so everyone can explore the event until their number is called. The current queue ticket numbers are posted up on a whiteboard (E.G: 1-30, 31-60) it keeps the area nice and clear and allows you to explore the venue while being able to make sure you don't miss your guest.

As for Alex Kingston and Diana Rigg they are both if I recall correctly A Guests which means they'll most likely have their shoots taken in Photo Area A albeit at different times during the day (Though I could be mistaken if Alex is an A guest). The Autographing usually takes place all day except when the shoots are in progress, the guest is out for Lunch or They have a talk in progress.

It's quite nifty making sure you catch everything you can.

Virtual Tickets are for autographs of the bigger guests. It's to minimise the Queue so everyone can explore the event until their number is called. The current queue ticket numbers are posted up on a whiteboard (E.G: 1-30, 31-60) it keeps the area nice and clear and allows you to explore the venue while being able to make sure you don't miss your guest.

As for Alex Kingston and Diana Rigg they are both if I recall correctly A Guests which means they'll most likely have their shoots taken in Photo Area A albeit at different times during the day (Though I could be mistaken if Alex is an A guest). The Autographing usually takes place all day except when the shoots are in progress, the guest is out for Lunch or They have a talk in progress.

Don't you mean 1-30, 1-60, 1-90 and so on? If you're ticket 29 and they move the group up it still stays as 1- a number so you don't miss out...

Don't you mean 1-30, 1-60, 1-90 and so on? If you're ticket 29 and they move the group up it still stays as 1- a number so you don't miss out...

He probably means the numbers are going up in about groups of 30. It is correct the way you wrote it, davidbrookes.

Adam, I appreciate you are trying to help. But you do get a lot of details wrong, so if you are not sure, please don't post. (Alex has not done two days at CM like you posted elsewhere for example.)

Also Dame Diana has not done a show before and there is no previous experience. Above posts makes it sound like she has done before. Even if she had we can not go from prior shows.

Same thing for Alex. She indeed had her photo shoot in area A before. But that really does not mean a thing. As TooTall has already posted before, things can change from event to event.

Until TooTall does the schedule no one can tell which guest will be in which area, and who will be in area A or B and for what reason. Usually Malcolm does the busy shoots, this is correct. But there can be lots of reasons why a shoot is switched to area B.

You make it sound like all these things are a given, and they are not. This can create unnecessary confusion.

As for Alex Kingston and Diana Rigg they are both if I recall correctly A Guests which means they'll most likely have their shoots taken in Photo Area A albeit at different times during the day (Though I could be mistaken if Alex is an A guest).
I am not sure how you are recalling that, as Diana has never attended before.

As Stuart told you the other day, you can't assume that what happened schedule-wise at a prior event will apply this time around. If a guest was in photo shoot Area A previously, it does not necessarily mean that they will be at their next event. That will not be known until the schedule is released.

Edit: QS still types faster than me :D

Edited by 1of2

Just wanted it clarified as if it's their first big event in 8 years, it's relatively easy to work out how showmasters do everything, but don't want them worrying that if they have a number like I gave of 27 and on the whiteboard they would have posted 31-60. I know it would probably work out fine, but knowing you can go back later in the day as long as the guest is there makes it so much easier :D

As for Alex Kingston and Diana Rigg they are both if I recall correctly A Guests which means they'll most likely have their shoots taken in Photo Area A albeit at different times during the day (Though I could be mistaken if Alex is an A guest).
I am not sure how you are recalling that, as Diana has never attended before.

As Stuart told you the other day, you can't assume that what happened schedule-wise at a prior event will apply this time around. If a guest was in photo shoot Area A previously, it does not necessarily mean that they will be at their next event. That will not be known until the schedule is released.

I was faster. :D

Many thanks for all the help!

I was mostly concerned about the photo opportunities and missing my allotted time but providing it is 1-100 then 1-200 and so on it seems to have removed a lot of worry! I'm so excited/scared about meeting Alex Kingston and Diana Rigg I may not understan a grey deal on the day!

Thanks again,

Lizzy

• Moderators

Just to be completely clear - the 1-100 etc applies to virtual queue tickets for autographs.

There'll be a full schedule posted here for photo shoots - it's possible that, because both Alex and Diana are 'bigger' guests, they'll be in the same area anyway so you shouldn't have a clash.

However if you DO, or if you're unsure of ANYTHING, please talk to a crew member and they'll help.

Oh right sorry I didn't know the VQ retained the numbers of the first set of tickets going upwards my mistake. That's actually really good to know thanks david.

Oh right sorry I didn't know the VQ retained the numbers of the first set of tickets going upwards my mistake. That's actually really good to know thanks david.

Do you mind me asking where you crewed at LFCC? That way if I see you at EMS and you're doing a different job i'll roughly know what you know about as the set up will probably be pretty similar if I need to double check anything if that makes sense?

Do you mind me asking where you crewed at LFCC? That way if I see you at EMS and you're doing a different job i'll roughly know what you know about as the set up will probably be pretty similar if I need to double check anything if that makes sense?

Of course however if you don't mind I'd rather send you the details via Facebook rather than in the forum as it leaves me rather uneasy. I mean it's like my Acting I don't like openly revealing the casting dates or filming locations openly.

Just to be completely clear - the 1-100 etc applies to virtual queue tickets for autographs.

There'll be a full schedule posted here for photo shoots - it's possible that, because both Alex and Diana are 'bigger' guests, they'll be in the same area anyway so you shouldn't have a clash.

However if you DO, or if you're unsure of ANYTHING, please talk to a crew member and they'll help.

Ah ok, thanks! As I'm going prioritise the photos hopefully the posted schedule will sort out any concerns then. I was also wondering that when I get to the venue, how is the relevant information displayed?

Ah ok, thanks! As I'm going prioritise the photos hopefully the posted schedule will sort out any concerns then. I was also wondering that when I get to the venue, how is the relevant information displayed?

It usually depends on the Venue but if it's like LFCC the Maps will be posted at various locations around the venue and any information you need should be available at the Organisers Desk Time Table, Locations and such.

Sorry about this again but I was wondering more specifically about autographs now! Are Virtual tickets the only tickets that can be used to get te autographs with or are they some kind of special ticket?
Virtual tickets are only used for the busier guests to keep the length of the autogrpah queue for that guest to a managable size. The tickets are sequentially numbered. Each guest that has the sytem in place will have a unique set of tickets. you collect a ticket and can join the queue for that guest anytime after your number has been called. For example, it will start with 1-30 (or similar) being able to queue, then 1-50, 1-75, etc. It enables you to wander off and do other things instead of hanging around. Edited by 1of2