latest Guest Announcement - ALEX KINGSTON

• Showmasters Admin

So I need to understand the gold ticket. I'm a normal ticket 11, so lets so for example every gold ticket person when I'm in line can go before me so I could be waiting till the last gold and ten people before me?

In theory yes.

How many gold tickets will the be do you know?

Surely it would make sense for the gold ticket holders to just go first and then we line after them. It's a little sad to be in a line and then pushed to the back for them, I know they have paid more and should go before us but yeah :D

There will be 2 lines at the start, one for Gold pass holders and one for standard ticket holders. The gold one will go in first, but yes even if the standard queue is about to go in and a gold pass holder turns up they will be allowed to enter straight away.

I'm afraid you just have to think of it like a theme park queue. You can be stood in the standard queue for 1.5 hours (I'm not suggesting you'll be that long in our queues) and if someone with a "Jump the line" ticket comes along they get to go infront of you. But that's what they paid the upgrade for, you could do that same if you felt it was worth it for you.

I do not think it is worth it to see one person. I do not cope well when I am stressed it is the reason I booked her ticket as soon as I could to get a lower number to reduce the amount of time I had to be in a line for it just kind of feels like it I didn't need to worry about getting a low number as I could be standing for a long time anyway :D

At the speed Malc goes he can do all 150 golds in 20 minutes, so even if all of them turn up which has NEVER happened before it'll be 20-25 minute max wait. To br honest you can wait longer waiting for a bus.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

So what is it like

Hello and then they throw you at Alex and then rip you away? ;O tee hee!

Go in, hello, stand next to her, 3,2,1 Smile, flash, check photo on screen, thank you, you leave. It doesn't take long. It is a photo shoot not a meet and greet I'm afraid. If you want to say hi and ask something you're better off sheing her in her autograph queue.

I shall be the first

"So hello Alex, so basically I was born in July and a little town called **** and well then....." ;O

I am pretty sure that you will also be the first person to be (politely) asked to leave then. ;)

While we're on the subject of photoshoots, I have noticed that some people get different poses, like back to back, hugging, striking a pose that reenacts a moment from a movie or show, so my question is this; is that the guests idea? Or the attendee? Orrrr is it cameraman discretion? Or a combination of all 3? :D

It depends on a couple of factors. Sometimes (I think that's mostly for the hugs) it's simply the guest doing it. For back to back or other special poses (sometimes for hugs too) normally the attendees seem to ask.

Tee hee

And like indeed I too wondered about the photo shoots if you get like 2 seconds how do you word asking for special things?

Like does the camera man ask what sort of photo you want or something?

You talk really quick. :D

No, seriously: if you want something special have your mind made up about it in advance and explain it as briefly and clear as possible to the guest when it's your turn.

The cameraman won't ask. Unless you say something Malcolm/Danielle/third photographer will assume it is just the standard you standing next to the guest with your arm around them pose.

Tee hee

And like indeed I too wondered about the photo shoots if you get like 2 seconds how do you word asking for special things?

Like does the camera man ask what sort of photo you want or something?

You talk really quick. :D

No, seriously: if you want something special have your mind made up about it in advance and explain it as briefly and clear as possible to the guest when it's your turn.

The cameraman won't ask. Unless you say something Malcolm/Danielle/third photographer will assume it is just the standard you standing next to the guest with your arm around them pose.

I put my arm around her? I am pretty short that shall be amusing, haha

I do talk fast, I am sorry *hides*

I apologise in advance to anyone I get pushed in front of at any of the photoshoots with my gold ticket. I do have a ticket for Alex so will be there. Nothing personal. Done it purely to save time, minimise the queuing and the mad race to get VQ tickets.

But from experience the queue moves pretty quickly and everyone will get their photo so other than time spent in the queue it doesn't really matter too much whether you're first, 10th or 100th etc.

But as has been said I'd be very surprised if all golds want a shoot with the same person and they may not even sell all the gold tickets either. I've no idea how popular they are but it's worth it to me so I can get everything I want done without having to stress about ticket numbers, rushing from one thing to another etc.

I read this on the gold thing

Photo Session Queues

Golden Programme Holders will be given priority queuing at the photo sessions! This means you will either be called up first if you arrive at the beginning of the photo session, or will be able to join the back of a smaller queue if the photo session is being called up in batches.

So surely this means after the golds have been in if I am in a line then they have to go at the back of the line?

Generally if they turn up after the start of the shoot, they'll be slotted somewhere near the front of the queue.

Okay but that is not what that thing says.

Hopefully I will get my photo in like less then an hour or something, I hope.

And Mattzo!!! I was going to ask for more then a hugging picture ;O tee hee haha

Generally if they turn up after the start of the shoot, they'll be slotted somewhere near the front of the queue.

Hopefully I will get my photo in like less then an hour or something, I hope.

And Mattzo!!! I was going to ask for more then a hugging picture ;O tee hee haha

Haha! Well good luck to ya! Just don't ask for too much :D

I am joking, lol I will probably find it hard enough to speak to be honest!

When I met Tony Head I got a hug but that is because I had to photo things and they were like what other pose do you want and I kinda throw myself at him!

yep thats what it says in the shop, however in practice its how has been described above in this thread and also in jasons gold pass updates on the board this year which had new stuff for golds ect, it stated first into photo shoots! which differed slightly to the online shop layout which I assume just hasnt been amended.

got my ticket today, Im number 1 ticket for alex

I read this on the gold thing

Photo Session Queues

Golden Programme Holders will be given priority queuing at the photo sessions! This means you will either be called up first if you arrive at the beginning of the photo session, or will be able to join the back of a smaller queue if the photo session is being called up in batches.

So surely this means after the golds have been in if I am in a line then they have to go at the back of the line?

I don't mean to be horrible but does it really matter all that much? You're not going to have say 50 gold tickets holders turning up at the start and then another 50 all together a bit later on and being put in front of you. Everyone will get through and at worst all it means is a few minutes longer in the queue if one or two are inserted near the front.

Please try not to stress about it, the gold tickets aren't there to cause problems, there are just some advantages to having them and some people feel it's worth paying the extra for that, myself included.

yep thats what it says in the shop, however in practice its how has been described above in this thread and also in jasons gold pass updates on the board this year which had new stuff for golds ect, it stated first into photo shoots! which differed slightly to the online shop layout which I assume just hasnt been amended.

Do you frame your number one tickets Rob?

Do you frame your number one tickets Rob?

Ha ha ha LOL

I still think he gets preferential treatment because of his photoshoot obsessions :blink:

Anyway, don't you give up your photoshoot stub when collecting the photos?

He definitely doesn't get preferential treatment. We don't need to feed his ego :blink:

Photo shoot tickets usually get torn in half.

I've retained a few halves of tickets before, maybe Rob frames those!!