Buffy Episodes

bp_buffy1990

I was watching 'The Body' today and i realised that it is probably one of, if not the best written episode of all time, and I'm not I ashamed to admit i basically cried for the whole 40 minutes it was on, it has swiftly been moved up the list of my favourite episodes, hence the asking about everyones favourites.

My top five are:

1. I Only Have Eyes For You

2. The Body

3. Hush

4. The Gift

5. Prophecy Girl

although after writing this i think they may all be tied for first place haha, and that might go for all 144 episodes =]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My top Five Episodes are:

5. Dirty Girls

4. Lies my Parents told me

3. Fool for Love

2. Lover's Walk

1. School Hard

-Now that I look at it, they are pretty much all Spike eps, lol.

'Lies My Parents Told Me' is a great episode aswell, so is 'Fool For Love', Damn'it Joss and your crack team of writers!! haha

Speaking of 'The Body' it's just started on Syfy channel at the moment, still gives me chills.

Just watched it (again). Superb handling of a very difficult subject. Emotional, confusing, numbing. The fact there's no background music and it's just the acting and script that carries the episode highlights once again how groundbreaking that show was and how good it still is.

I still think The Gift is probably my favourite though, brings a tear to my eye every time despite being a 40-something bloke.

Edited by Rockstar6662

5. Hells Bells

4. Homecoming

3. Selfless

2. Tabula Rasa

and

1. Older and Far Away

There are in my opinion better written episodes, or better acted episodes than these. However, in term of context and my enjoyment of the episode these are my top 5 :D

If I was going best written and best acted it would be

5.Passion

4.Prophecy Girl

3.Hush

2.Once more with feeling

1.The Body

My top 5 favourite eps would have to be...

1. Graduation Day (both parts)

2. Hush

3. Passion

4. Dopplegangland

5. Earshot

And because you can't have just five..! I am also extremely fond of What's My Line, Band Candy, Fear Itself, The Body, The Gift, Two To Go and Chosen.

If I just had to choose 'the best' episode, in terms of writing and performance, it'd be The Body, hands down.

Eh, actually I thought Lies My Parents Told Me, was just a rehash of Fool For Love, only not done as well. Plus the way Buffy treats Giles in that episode is just wrong.

/rant.

Anyway, my top 5.

1. Hush

2. The Body

3. Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered

4. Earshot

5. Band Candy

5. Hells Bells

4. Homecoming

3. Selfless

2. Tabula Rasa

and

1. Older and Far Away

There are in my opinion better written episodes, or better acted episodes than these. However, in term of context and my enjoyment of the episode these are my top 5 :(

If I was going best written and best acted it would be

5.Passion

4.Prophecy Girl

3.Hush

2.Once more with feeling

1.The Body

Thats why the body isnt my favourite episode, and thinking about it i think passion should be in there aswell, i love that episode

1 The Body

2 Innocence

3 Once more with Feeling

4 Tabula Rosa

5 Hush

The Body is my favourite episode as it deals with something that we all have to deal with in our lives one day.Though would it be better if the vampire subplot was removed ?

Edited by steve88

1 The Body

2 Innocence

3 Once more with Feeling

4 Tabula Rosa

5 Hush

The Body is my favourite episode as it deals with something that we all have to deal with in our lives one day.Though would it be better if the vampire subplot was removed ?

The Vampire was there to show how weak the whole ordeal had made her even though she had super strength

and you could put as many as you like i have a top 144 haha

Edited by bp_buffy1990

Rewatching THe Body i can see what you mean about The Vampire proving how weak buffy had become but at the first time watching it i felt that the vampire was too much'' buisness as usual'' because the tone of the episode was so compelling and it felt like you didnt want to watch her go through this ordeal. not many tv shows can do this especially in a fantasy genre.So it is still one of the best written shows of all time and its power can still affect you. just wondered what other people thought of this episode. i think if you have lost someone close to you , the feelings that run through you to panic to numbness is more realistic in this episode than any soap opera has yet to achieve

I keep meaning to post in this thread, but it's just too hard to narrow it down to 5. :P

i never meant to put it only as five, i started out just talking about 'The Body' then i decided to put my favourite in, and then i ended up carrying on, i had written like 20 before i posted it and then thought it best just to keep it down to the five to make it shorter.

Well, I guess we're stuck with five now, so I'm going with:

Hush

Once More, With Feeling

The Wish/Doppelgangland

Becoming (parts 1 & 2)

The Replacement

Plus special mentions for the Robin Sachs episodes Halloween and Band Candy. And yes, I know I've cheated by including the vamp Willow episodes as one but :D

Well, I guess we're stuck with five now, so I'm going with:

Hush

Once More, With Feeling

The Wish/Doppelgangland

Becoming (parts 1 & 2)

The Replacement

Plus special mentions for the Robin Sachs episodes Halloween and Band Candy. And yes, I know I've cheated by including the vamp Willow episodes as one but :(

haha, i guess i woulda done that too, its the same story arc really isnt it, like becoming parts one and two

• 2 weeks later...

1. Once More With Feeling

2. Villains/Two to Go/Grave

3. Restless

4. The Body

5. Chosen

Very original, I know! But if I had to pick more regular episodes...

1. New Moon Rising

2. Storyteller

3. Checkpoint

4. Spiral

5. Passion

Gosh, I love them all, it's impossible to pick just a few! :)