6.7 A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR (1/2) inc Spoilers

timelord81r

what was the polar bear in lost?

:headscratch: If you are on about the TV series Lost then that reference is....lost on me. I never watched it.

it was never explained (that i remember?) along with many twists and turns they gave up trying to even try to explain in order to reveal new twists, vanishing up its own behind a bit. who is risking this.

TBH I am coming across worse than I actually thoughtt he ep was, it was an enjoyable ep, just things stood out that annoyed me. im rewatching it now.

pre titles is superb, the gay marines were annoying, im like I dont care, get back to the story, its like listening to a couple of storm troopers shoot the s*** when we want to get back to what the jedis are doing. lol

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: I do actually like Matt. I just like winding up Rob more :D

Keep it up my man...us Bristol folk have to do our best to enlighten Mr Photo Shoot!

who is risking this?

The Moff! ^_^

Edited by Simondo

Is the astronaut kid river??

not known, it could be, though if it is its silly as the river in that story doesnt know about it, which is weird considering its her past (if it is her)

could be someone entirely different.

though this series with the whole gangers being able to regenerate and babies just born on the tardis being able to regenerate, they are cheapening regeneration a little

Edit: I do actually like Matt. I just like winding up Rob more ^_^

Keep it up my man...us Bristol folk have to do our best to enlighten Mr Photo Shoot!

anyone who thinks DT is the best doctor ever needs enlightening

ooooh enlightenment, now that was a super brilliant episode.

Again very good ep bit confusing dose river song have some sort of a relationship with the doctor in the futhur

with the way she acts towards him. also dose she and up travillng with the doctor and she is also someone who the doctor trusts in the futhur and the doctor also tells river song who his real name is some when in the futhur.

Rob, you are so easy to button push. I know your weakness and it is that you are a clset RTD fan!!! ^_^
He also owns one of those lifesize David Tennant cardboard cutouts.

Rob, you are so easy to button push. I know your weakness and it is that you are a clset RTD fan!!! ^_^
He also owns one of those lifesize David Tennant cardboard cutouts.

I heard it was atually a blow up doll of David! And he dresses it as Alex to try and fool people!!

Edited by Simondo

you caught me lol

actually I loved the end of the world, gridlock and utopia.

you caught me lol

actually I loved the end of the world, gridlock and utopia.

And Rob slowly emerges from the closet..in a Liverpool FC shirt!!!!

I have a question, all the clerics on the base ect who are beat by the docs plan and "run away" are they NOT aware it was all a trap by eye patch woman? if so I can accept that more than if they were all in on it

?

I have a question, all the clerics on the base ect who are beat by the docs plan and "run away" are they NOT aware it was all a trap by eye patch woman? if so I can accept that more than if they were all in on it

?

I'm not sure. For me it works either way.

loved vasta and jenny, really hope they do a period ep with those 2 in.

ok ive re-watched it, I enjoyed it more, little things still bug me, but they are mostly to do with the ongoing twists and turns that are pilling up. and my above mentioned rant about the doc being made to look foolish after big impressive speeches by ppl, but it was an enjoyable ep, and like I said before, even with faults, moffs stuff is still imaginative, exciting and interesting.

good acting, well directed.

river as amy and rorys daughter, still not sure, but its all played and revealed very well.

however its so confusing rivers timeline, is the river who wont go with rory a future one to the river who appears at the end of this ep and if so how does this eps river know where to find the doc and if not how does the river rory speaks to at the start know about demons run?

it does seem though that my suspicion that river would be a baddie of sorts first is/could be true, the child is being bred as a weapon to take the doc down, and she is that child, the doc redeems her they fall in love at some point, well of course he already loves her as did she before he met him

interesting to see how the person she kills fits in, the cleric in time of angels said he wont help us if he knows what you did or who u are , one of the 2, now finding out she is amys daughter wouldnt stop him from helping so what?

gotta say love the scene where the river tells the doc, so well acted

Have just watched it again, and what I don't get is the Gallifrey writing on the cot. If it was the Doctor's cot, and baby Melody was only in it for about 5 minutes, how come the writing on it seems to suggest "Amy, River's your daughter" as implied? :D Watched that part a couple times, and still don't get it....

Have just watched it again, and what I don't get is the Gallifrey writing on the cot. If it was the Doctor's cot, and baby Melody was only in it for about 5 minutes, how come the writing on it seems to suggest "Amy, River's your daughter" as implied?:headscratch: Watched that part a couple times, and still don't get it....

I got the impression it was the docs cot, he then used it for river (river says to amy the doc finds her and always takes care of her or something like that, when he finds the baby again he must give it to her?)

BUT if thats the case it would mean her becoming a weapon against the doc doesnt happen?

its all rather complicated at the moment her back story.

Edited by timelord81r

When Rory goes and try to get River at the start of the episode, she said she cannot come yet, but will be there at the end. She had to look in the dairy for the answer, and I think had she been there she would had stopped herself from being kidnapped and changing the course of events. Because something happens that we do not know about and she don't like it.

I do think that the doctor loves her, but I am wondering is it as a Boyfriend and Girlfriend love, or has a father or godfather of Amy's and Rory's daughter. And want her to live so that he is not alone any more?

I was also thinking last night, she tells the doctor that she killed a good man. We all think that she kills the doctor down the line. But I think there is a twist in it, to us the Doctor is a good man. But in that universe, season after season he is cast as a bad man to some people. That makes me think he is not the one who gets killed.

Also how old is Dr Song actual is, if she regenerated a number of times she might only been in her teens, in a grown adult's body. Also how many times can she regeneration, we know when we first meet her, she dies. So it might mean that she cannot regeneration 13 times like other Timelords.

That leaves only one other re-occurring man on Doctor Who at the moment, who is always good. Rory. The way that Dr Song does not get attached to Amy and Rory and the way that she just blanks them. To me, it must mean she knows what she is going to do to them. To make it easier, for when the event happens he trys and make it so that they don't get connected to her and she don't give anything away.

Also Rory is the lone centurion who looks after Amy all of those years in the alternative universe, and always been there for her. He only sees the good in everybody even, though some people are bad to the core. Like the gangbanger from last weeks episode.

cap

Like the gangbanger from last weeks episode.

I hope you mean ganger or else you were watching an entirely different episode that definitely wouldn't have been on a Saturday evening!

Couldnt help but laugh at this one

Like the gangbanger from last weeks episode.

I hope you mean ganger or else you were watching an entirely different episode that definitely wouldn't have been on a Saturday evening!

Doctor Who After Dark on BBC3?