Gold Ticket Query

libra

Hi

I know tickets are non-transferable but did I read somewhere that they could be re-sold by Massive Events if for some reason someone couldn't come?

If so whats the latest I could re-sell my ticket if I don't get out of hospital or get medical permission to come. This is just a query I AM planning to still come just checking my options.

Thanks

There is no resell policy change for Chevron.

What Kriss may be referring to was when a Gold ticket was returned to sale following someone's failure to pay. That Gold ticket was returned to stock because the credit card of the person who tried to buy it didn't go through even after a couple of days, and it was unfair to hold the ticket indefinitely while that person sorted out their finances. That wasn't a resale though, because it wasn't actually sold in the first place.

What Kriss may be referring to was when a Gold ticket was returned to sale following someone's failure to pay. That Gold ticket was returned to stock because the credit card of the person who tried to buy it didn't go through even after a couple of days, and it was unfair to hold the ticket indefinitely while that person sorted out their finances. That wasn't a resale though, because it wasn't actually sold in the first place.

I thought they were going to allow resale for this event...something was said that if you could not attend you could resale your ticket but it would cost you something like £5 to do it...as there had been complaints about not be able to transfer tickets...

Kriss :)

• Showmasters Admin

I thought they were going to allow resale for this event...something was said that if you could not attend you could resale your ticket but it would cost you something like £5 to do it...as there had been complaints about not be able to transfer tickets...

As Yvie posted above the standard re-sale policy is here - http://massiveevents.co.uk/chevron76/info.php?resell

What you maybe remembering is the thread I linked to above - http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=53818

ME have never had a re-sale policy that is not dependant on the specific event selling out.

The general rule is the event has to be sold out, not just a single ticket category. Unless Mark or Jason announce a change that's the rule that's followed.

I can only speculate, but I guess the reason for that is because then for example standard ticket holders would "upgrade" once they have saved the money for gold, and then there'd be the problem why they can't sell the standard ticket. After all they upgraded, right? Too many logistic problems.

As Yvie posted above the standard re-sale policy is here - http://massiveevents.co.uk/chevron76/info.php?resell

What you maybe remembering is the thread I linked to above - http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=53818

ME have never had a re-sale policy that is not dependant on the specific event selling out.

Sorry thought it meant for every ticket...next time Kriss read properly... :whistling:

I'm not sure why you think something different was said? Was there a comment at Chevron 7.5 that I missed?

Kris seems to have caught only part of the official resell policy, which as explained above only applies if the event is sold out.

That resell rule has been in place since 2009, and it's posted that way on the 7.6 site: http://www.massiveevents.co.uk/chevron76/info.php?resell

Plus TooTall, me and Yvie are not aware of any changes to that. Yvie is responsible for the online shop. If something that significantly had changed she would know.

I'm genuinely curious now what I may have missed. :huh:

I don't recall anything be said on stage about ticket resells. I can't find anything in the Chevron 7.5/7.6 sections to contradict the links that Yvie and TooTall have posted either.

Thankfully, as I am not sure I would want to contradict Yvie anyway :huh:

I know it was mentioned at C7.5 just after C7.6 was announced I got the impression that it was if at anytime you had to resale a ticket because you couldn't go....so I obviously was not listening correctly...LOL...

Must admit it would be nice if we could resale the ticket back to Showmasters with the £15 admin charge without the event being sold out....although can see how it can be hard if a guest cancels and everyone wants their money back!...LOL

I know it was mentioned at C7.5 just after C7.6 was announced I got the impression that it was if at anytime you had to resale a ticket because you couldn't go....so I obviously was not listening correctly...LOL...

Maybe one part slipped through because your mind automatically went "oh it's RDA, it will sell out anyway." :wub:

Must admit it would be nice if we could resale the ticket back to Showmasters with the £15 admin charge without the event being sold out....although can see how it can be hard if a guest cancels and everyone wants their money back!...LOL

That's very likely the reason for the resell policy being written the way it is.

I'm sure we are not imaging it:-). It is weird but im sure it was stated somewhere :s, on the forum. There would of been a admin fee if i call.

Anyway this does not concern me as i won't want to miss this:p.

The only policy mentioned on the forum is what we linked here.

There is an admin fee involved in the "sold out resell policy", that's probably what you recall.

I searched quite a while yesterday and couldn't find any other posts by SM about a different policy or about a 5 pound fee.

There were posts of attendees saying they were willing to pay a 5 pound fee though when the subject "why are ticket transfers not possible" came up. Maybe that's what got mixed in there somewhere.

If you find something please let us know, just to avoid this causes further confusion.

Thankfully, as I am not sure I would want to contradict Yvie anyway :wub:

That's cuz you love me, and not because I'm scary :D

People shouldn't contradict me anyway. I'm always right*, so you'll only end up looking foolish ;)

*except for when I'm not

Thankfully, as I am not sure I would want to contradict Yvie anyway :D

That's cuz you love me, and not because I'm scary :D

People shouldn't contradict me anyway. I'm always right*, so you'll only end up looking foolish :D

*except for when I'm not

Correct. Nice disclaimer by the way :thumbup: