CARL WEATHERS

nicky

I couldnt make it on Sunday for his talk but met him on Saturday and he remembered me from his last 2 appearences. We talked about John McTiernan being in prison and the possibilites of Bill Duke attending a con (they still see eachother regularly and Carl said he'd mention to Bill's agent to do a con).

I missed his talk. What did he talk about?

Oh I just read his talk was cancelled... :WINCE:

For selfish reasons I am glad it got cancelled then, I was not able to attend on Sunday. :blink: Why was it cancelled?

On a more serious note, I did not get a chance to speak to him but I am very pleased with the picture I had taken with him. Very happy to have met him on the anniversary of the US premiere of Rocky IV...

Edited by BasG

Oh I just read his talk was cancelled... :WINCE:

For selfish reasons I am glad it got cancelled then, I was not able to attend on Sunday. :blink: Why was it cancelled?

On a more serious note, I did not get a chance to speak to him but the picture I am very pleased had taken with him. Very happy to have met him on the anniversary of the OS premiere of Rocky IV...

As I left (after being told of the cancellation), I am sure he was still signing autographs BUT would probably have to leave soon after (which would have clashed with the talk).

I had a brief conversation with him. But he was doing most of the talking. I got there early (09:00) and had yet to have my cup of coffee. But he mentioned how he had never heard my name before and liked it.

He shook my hand which was nice of him. Nice guy.

He was brilliant.

I have to say I felt somewhat awkward asking him if he could sign on the left hand side of my Rocky boxset as I already have Sylvester Stallone on the right hand side - but was surprised when he did. Glad I got it.

Didn't meet him this time, but his unwillingness to add character names has always annoyed me. Because he doesn't want to be tied down as one character ? Come on man, it's a Rocky poster - in that context, one character is EXACTLY what you are !!

his unwillingness to add character names has always annoyed me. Because he doesn't want to be tied down as one character ? Come on man, it's a Rocky poster - in that context, one character is EXACTLY what you are !!

Surly its the experience of meeting him and that he signs the poster at all that's of importance? To me he'll always primarily be Dillon from Predator . He didn't sign his character but did put a quote (unprompted) which he never used to do on our previous encounters at LFCC2 and MK.

Meeting Carl Weathers was fantastic. I'm a huge Rocky fan and loved the Apollo Creed character. Predator/Action Jackson/Happy Gilmore, all great roles for him!

I got there before 11 so the queues were no issue - i've not been to these events before so i was pretty excited at meeting him.

Came across as very friendly - asked me where my name was from (i'm originally from Iraq), so we chatted about that for a bit. I then asked him what his favourite moment of the Rocky movies was - The james brown scene in Rocky IV!

Then got a photo with him later and as i walked up to him he says 'You're back!'

an absolute pleasure meeting the guy!

Carl was a highlight for me at the weekend as well. He signed my Predator cast pic, and said 'so who else have you got on here?' I told him it was Richard Chaves and Sonny Landham, to which he explained how he hadn't seen Sonny in years, and he said he was a great friend. He asked how I got them, and I told him that they both came over to shows in the last year or 2, and he was amazed at that!

I told him that I had seen Lock Up on TV the night before with Stallone and Sonny, and he said he remembered seeing that film, then tried to remember the name of one of Sonny's first films with Eddie Murphy. After thinking about it for a while, he remembered it was 48 Hours, and said I was to go home and rent it, and i'll see him doing some badass stuff! Then said it was a pleasure to meet me.

Pretty fantastic meeting considering I didn't expect him to be too chatty as he wasn't hugely chatty when I last met him

Didn't meet him this time, but his unwillingness to add character names has always annoyed me. Because he doesn't want to be tied down as one character ? Come on man, it's a Rocky poster - in that context, one character is EXACTLY what you are !!

He had no issues adding character names over the weekend, he seemed more than willing :)