upset...in a way.

Dan Ryan

the effort made tonight by SM was minimal in comparison to last year. the guests were great but the venue felt as if no one on SM behalf wanted to make much effort for anyone one came to the event, and a few others felt the same. I really hope that SM are holding out all the stops for tomorrow night. at least dim the lights please.

the saturday night was a much better improvment, we really had a great time. the lights were dimmed (lol) and the atmosphere was much more comfortable, everything was fun throughout the event - party, guests etc... it was just considering last years efforts on the friday night, that this friday seemd to be a let down.

i only got here late but all i saw was a bungee and balloons on table. Pretty much exactly what hub 3 had. Most likely money went on guests instead.

on the guests, possibly yes, or another possible was on the Saturday night party! where crew started preparing for it from 1pm, then as soon as the final talk finished, pretty much ALL crew worked flat out.

As David said, the Saturday night party is the main one, and I think you will agree that the work put into it was huge and the result was fantastic! The guests were blown away. :P

If that was done for all three parties, then yes, I imagine that would mean less money for guests, and I think these guests were absolutely fantastic!!!

I walked into the Friday night party (didnt finish working until 9pm) and thought it looked great personally, I didnt see last years, but it has to change up every year or it will be too "Samey" ;)

I disagree. It didnt look 'fantastic' and didnt blow anyone I was with away in any shape or form. Last years Halloween night was fantastically decorated, this year was a little bit of a let down but I do appreciate the hard work put in by whoever sets it all up. Its not their fault it was a little bit disappointing. :P

PS: it WAS samey idea wise but with less decor!

Edited by Blackviolett

• Moderators

I think it's best if they try to do something different every year, rather than rehash the same decorations etc.

So if it was different this time, it was always going to be a case of some people preferring last years, and others this years. It's just down to personal taste really. I've certainly heard a lot of positive feedback too.

Im glad youve had positive feedback David. I sometimes feel its a shame the people who maybe werent so happy come forward and speak up so things can be improved and notes taken. Mark did say anyone who has feedback positive or negative to say so but anyone who does gets their heads bitten off usually. I have to say, the things I 'moaned' about were minor for my weekend to be spoiled as it totally wasnt. I had a thoroughly good time and will do more SM events, just not Hallowhedon again.

Glad you had a good time :P Shame you wont do it again though.

I agree, the more people that come forwards with negative and positive comments mean more things that can be improved for next time.

Feedback is important. They are always working on new ideas for the shows.

I didnt see last years, sorry if you felt it was still "samey", I guess that is the difficult bit with halloween decorations as opposed to a specific theme each time. It must be difficult to keep it different.

There was loads of positive feedback at the show which was great, there were a couple of minor issues too which were raised there which we could then sort out at the actual con :borg: It someone points things out there and then, sometimes/often it can be sorted (I realise that cant be said for something like decorations etc)

Edited by Rhianydd

Glad you had a good time :P Shame you wont do it again though.

I agree, the more people that come forwards with negative and positive comments mean more things that can be improved for next time.

I didnt see last years, sorry if you felt it was still "samey", I guess that is the difficult bit with halloween decorations as opposed to a specific theme each time. It must be difficult to keep it different.

Ohhh Im only not doing Hallowhedon again because Ive been into Buffy and Angel since the year dot and Im just getting into other new shows now and feel Ive done the Whedon thing to death lol. I guess by next year I may feel different, I know my OH still wants to go.

Glad you had a good time :borg: Shame you wont do it again though.

Ohhh Im only not doing Hallowhedon again because Ive been into Buffy and Angel since the year dot and Im just getting into other new shows now and feel Ive done the Whedon thing to death lol. I guess by next year I may feel different, I know my OH still wants to go.

Was lovely to meet your OH too! Can’t miss him in a crowd :P

Overall I had a really excellent weekend, although the one thing I would like to say is that it'd be nice in future if there could be a wider range of music at the parties. Certain songs are great to be repeated but it seemed like every song was on every night...could be wrong, but it's just a small thing anyhow.

I enjoyed the Friday night party this year - think that was mainly due to the large amount of free wine I drank though lol. Last year's party definitely had a lot more effort put into it, what with all the dealer's tables and the money tokens we were given. I think it was probably because the theme was only announced a few weeks beforehand this year, which gave them less time to prepare. Also the theme was only posted on the forum, and not officially on the actual website, so a lot of the attendees wouldn't know about it, and therefore they wouldn't have to make much effort with it.

That being said I had a brilliant time anyway as I was plastered! :unsure:

I reaaaaalllyy liked the parties this year.

I had so much fun dancing. Usually I'd just sit down and be thoroughly bored... But there's a lot you can do to make your night fun either way :)

Only thing I thought was a shame.

I couldn't find the themes for Friday and Sunday night on the site before hand. So I didn't have a proper PJ with me, and I wasn't really sure what the sat theme was....

There wasn't all that much information about the parties beforehand. I still had a great time! :) Definitely will be there next year.