If travelling to Wembley

GoldenGreen

In addition to Gareth Gates who will be on at the arena on the Saturday Evening, every Sunday there is a Wembley Market. On the Saturday there is also a National Graduate Recruitment Fair on at Wembley.

Wembley is a big site but can get a bit hectic in terms of transport , with both road and rail especially with quite a few events on. It is best to take this into account when allowing for travelling time.

Please also note this info from the Wembley site if you are coming by tube:

Tube

TRAVEL UPDATE!

22nd February & 7th March closure between Stonebridge Park & Harold & Wealdstone on the Metropolitan line that will prevent customers getting to Wembley Central.

The Jubilee line is unaffected therefore Wembley Park can be used.

In addition to Gareth Gates who will be on at the arena on the Saturday Evening, every Sunday there is a Wembley Market. On the Saturday there is also a National Graduate Recruitment Fair on at Wembley.

Wembley is a big site but can get a bit hectic in terms of transport , with both road and rail especially with quite a few events on. It is best to take this into account when allowing for travelling time.

Tube

TRAVEL UPDATE!

22nd February & 7th March closure between Stonebridge Park & Harold & Wealdstone on the Metropolitan line that will prevent customers getting to Wembley Central.

Are you sure this closure is on the Metropolitan line. I thought it was on the Bakerloo line?

That's funny this time last week we went to Wembley Park on the Metropolitan line, Wembley Central is served by the Bakerloo line. Metropolitan Line and Jubilee line run parallel on the same route. I have just double checked on the tube map I picked up at Wembley Park last Friday. And that's with having seen both Purple and Grey trains running along the line!

I go for the colour when having to decide quickly down there, came in handy at Piccadilly! :angel:

Tube

TRAVEL UPDATE!

Are you sure this closure is on the Metropolitan line. I thought it was on the Bakerloo line?

According to my tube map that is on the Bakerloo line:

Tube map

And the nearest Station to LF&CC is Wembly Park and that shouldn't be affected...

Tube

TRAVEL UPDATE!

According to my tube map that is on the Bakerloo line:

Tube map

And the nearest Station to LF&CC is Wembly Park and that shouldn't be affected...

Please let it be the Bakerloo only, I don't do tubes, and the the only direct line from Euston is the Met line, starting to panick now, ohh hyperventilating, ooohhhhh bollocks.

ok, stonebridge park- harrow and wealdstone is on the bakerloo so dont worry. it wont affect ANYONE going to wembley park!

i wouldnt worry about going from euston, you need to change anyway. but you can easily do the following...

from euston go southbound on the bank branch to kings cross st pancras, then get the metropolitan line. simple as!

id advise anyone who can get the met. line because its WAY faster than the jubilee.

ok, stonebridge park- harrow and wealdstone is on the bakerloo so dont worry. it wont affect ANYONE going to wembley park!

i wouldnt worry about going from euston, you need to change anyway. but you can easily do the following...

from euston go southbound on the bank branch to kings cross st pancras, then get the metropolitan line. simple as!

id advise anyone who can get the met. line because its WAY faster than the jubilee.

was planning on going from Euston square, don't confuse me!!!!!!

I am fine as long as i only have to get 1 tube, its the changing that worries me, thats when i get on the wrong one, and things start going pear shaped.....

ah stansted. i used to go there a lot because my ex and now best friend lives there. btw her house will be demolished for this pointless expansion :angel:

anyhoo:

train from stansted gets into liverpool street.

then you have the extrememly tough job of getting on the metropolitan line at liverpool street, and getting it all the way to wembley park :lol:

you shouldnt have any problems with travelling on the tube, but check trains are running to stansted on sunday, because weekends might have engineering works.

Edited by mistaken_plane

oww sorehead, but I now think I've got the correct routes I need.

To get to and from heathrow would it be better to go to Green Park and get the jubilee line or go to Kings Cross and get the metropolitan line? Or does it not really matter?

Hi,

i am getting a coach to golders green, i was wondering cause i need to get a bus from there to wembley i know theresone but i need to know...

i have been told by someone from london that i have to be very careful.... i have my 15year old sister with me so any info would be appreciated as i want to be safe for her sake as much as mine!

if anyone has a link and knows what bus i need could you let me know

if you want to reply to this or mail me it would be great!

andrejones13@hotmail.com

huggles

Andrea x

If you're travelling in to Liverpool St station from Stanstead, I would get on the Central line to Bond St, and then change on to the Jubilee line and go to Wembley Park station.

Don't go near the Hammersmith and City/Metropolitan lines at anytime of the week, let alone at the weekend.

I've done all the various tube routes to Wembley Park. The Central line is far quicker than the Jubilee line for getting through central London. Anyone travelling from the north or east of London should use the Central line as soon as possible, go to Bond St station and change to the Jubilee Line. It's the best and quickest route by far.

Respect

Admiral Bear

Hi,

i am getting a coach to golders green, i was wondering cause i need to get a bus from there to wembley i know theresone but i need to know...

i have been told by someone from london that i have to be very careful.... i have my 15year old sister with me so any info would be appreciated as i want to be safe for her sake as much as mine!

if anyone has a link and knows what bus i need could you let me know

if you want to reply to this or mail me it would be great!

andrejones13@hotmail.com

huggles

Andrea x

Andrea

Hi, I don't think you can get a direct bus from Golders Green to Wembley. The best route I can see would be to take a 183 from Golders Green to Harrow bus station. Then at Harrow change to the 223 to Wembley.

You might be able to get more info from the London transport website London Transport

Hope this helps.

David

Don't go near the Hammersmith and City/Metropolitan lines at anytime of the week, let alone at the weekend.

Respect

Admiral Bear

Oh no, what do you mean by not go near them? Are they too busy or not safe (I must admit I've always felt pretty safe on the Underground) I was planning on taking the Metropolitan line from Kings Cross and I'll have my 10 year old daughter with me - now I'm worried :lol::D

This is confuzzling. Will the Jubilled line be ok? Or is the problem with the Metroploitan? Im tired i dont understand.

Im going to Victoria from Chatham. The Victoria on the Victoria line to Green park. Then from Green park I was hoping to go on the Jubilee line to Wembley Park.