Favourite character from the Whedonverse?

totallyme

For me, it has to be Wesley, his transformation from bumbling idiot in Buffy to the guy who kidnapped Connor and traded words with Angelus was phenomenal. His character arc from start to finish was truly captivating and Joss and Alexis deserve a ton of credit for that.

Above any other character from any other series, I feel Wesley was the one who most evolved. Above anything, I always felt like Wesley was relatable, as if everything he did was understandable, and likely what I'd of done in the same situation. Not to mention his love of Fred, which was especially relatable :wub:

What do other people think though? Who's your favourite character and why?

I'm obsessed with Anya. I just adore her character, she makes so much sense to me and I can relate to her in the strangest of ways. I adore how she tries so hard to be human, I just love the character in general, I suppose I don't have a specific reason why, but Anya is just amazing in general. <3

My favourite character is Faith - I think that I see part of myself in her. I'm not a troubled slayer, obviously, but I can rather relate to her quite easily.

Plus I just love her attitude. And her tattoo. :D

I don't think I can pick a single character from the Whedonverse, I just keep changing my mind. So I will go for the show that I do just have one favourite and that is dollhouse.

I absolutely love Topher! He is just a cute, geeky man-child. There is just something about him that makes him so loveable.

For me, it has to be Wesley, his transformation from bumbling idiot in Buffy to the guy who kidnapped Connor and traded words with Angelus was phenomenal. His character arc from start to finish was truly captivating and Joss and Alexis deserve a ton of credit for that.

Above any other character from any other series, I feel Wesley was the one who most evolved. Above anything, I always felt like Wesley was relatable, as if everything he did was understandable, and likely what I'd of done in the same situation. Not to mention his love of Fred, which was especially relatable :blink:

What do other people think though? Who's your favourite character and why?

I've totally got to agree with you there :YAHOO:

Wesley is most definately my favourite character from the entire Whedonverse. Okay, so I never really had much of an opinion when he was in Buffy...he was just there as a little bit of a laugh as far as I was concerned. But then I watched Angel and completely fell in love with his character...I mean, the character development was utterly superb (to put it simply it was so good that although I actually liked Angel as a character, after the events with Connor I found myself totally loathing him. Purely based on what he tried to do to Wes) To be honest though, I don't think the Connor arch is exactly a collection of his best episodes because for me it would have to be the later half of season 5 & the whole Illyria arch/plot/whatever.....seriously, I don't think I've cried so much than after having watched A Hole In The World and Not Fade Away...okay, and certain parts in Shells too. I'm honestly surprised that Alexis hasn't won an award for his portrayl as Wesley!

Anyways, that probably came out like an utter mess & total ramble but I really can't put down in any words (without repeating what YoursTruly has already said) why Wesley is my favourite....he just is :wub: -to be honest, to people who know me it's kinda obvious, I only really own Wes related Angel merch :lol:, a Feigenbaum plush -okay, so he's not really Wes related but come on...- and After The Fall, up to a certain *cough* point ;) )

Edited by Touchstone

Hmmm, All the characters are so amazing, and i cant choose between Fred and Anya.

Fred is so amazing, her transformation from scared child to fiesty woman is amazing, best character in Angel.

Anya is oh god so amazing, shes so literally correct, and soo funny. Also she brings something new to Buffy every episode (im not just talking about hair styles) :YAHOO:

Hmmm, All the characters are so amazing, and i cant choose between Fred and Anya.

Fred is so amazing, her transformation from scared child to fiesty woman is amazing, best character in Angel.

Anya is oh god so amazing, shes so literally correct, and soo funny. Also she brings something new to Buffy every episode (im not just talking about hair styles) :D

Do not betray me by saying you can't choose, Luke, clearly Anya is the best :P

Complete and utter Giles fan here.

The Dark Age pretty much sealed the deal for me. Not to mention Band Candy... And him singing Behind Blue Eyes. *nods affirmatively* Oh yes, definitely that.

He's just so adorably Gilesy. :D

Anya is oh god so amazing, shes so literally correct, and soo funny. Also she brings something new to Buffy every episode (im not just talking about hair styles) :D

Do not betray me by saying you can't choose, Luke, clearly Anya is the best :P

tehe, if i had to choose i would choose Anya :P, but Fred is heck awesome and a minutely close second :o

fav character Fred, with Adelle Dewitt a close 2nd

Adelle is awesome, she was my favourite female character in dollhouse. (I have now taken to putting each character from each show into categories so I can have more than one favourite!)

Probably Angel. DB hadnt really got the hang of it in Buffy S1 imo but during S2 and from then on he was amazing. The character was just so strong and I can relate to him in alot of ways. also when he became Angelus he was so badass ;)

Buffy. I don't think that needs explaining!

Think I'd put Fred as a close second.

ETA: River too! Can't believe I forgot her. There's too many great characters to choose just one..

Edited by emmy141