Willam Shatner's Talk

He talked about his current work with some shows where he was interviewing the other Star Trek captains. He also talked about Star Trek V, how his idea (story) didn't come across properly like it shud of

Thanks, Trekkiefan. I'm sorry I had to miss it, sounds like it was an interesting talk. Was there any kind of Q&A with the audience?

He talked about his current work with some shows where he was interviewing the other Star Trek captains. He also talked about Star Trek V, how his idea (story) didn't come across properly like it shud of

Thanks, Trekkiefan. I'm sorry I had to miss it, sounds like it was an interesting talk. Was there any kind of Q&A with the audience?

Not much due to the fact that Bill always has alot to say on stuff, about 6-7 questions where asked

Not much due to the fact that Bill always has alot to say on stuff, about 6-7 questions where asked

Thanks.

From watching vids on YouTube he does seem to really know how to work a crowd. It would be nice to think Showmasters might get him back again in the future, though he's not getting any younger so I'm just glad I got to meet him at all. :)

I don't know what other people think about that in general but I much prefer long detailed answers to quick one word/sentence replies. Yes you don't get as many questions but with the right guest the answers can be very interesting, some would say fascinating :P . It turns into more of a talk than a quickfire Q&A.

I really enjoyed Mr Shatners talk.

Oh and his favourite colour is red!

One of the best talks I've been to. Very much enjoyed his more detailed answers.

We are of course there to hear him talk, so the more the better. Really helped that the questions were ace! Anyone who asked one I have to compliment you, great choices that got him going and kept the talk interesting.

Cant wait to see 'The Captains'. I'd heard about it before but hearing him so excited about it and knowing that jazz musician, professor (and sometimes actor) Avery Brooks is doing the music!

Great talk, great guest, great day!

I got to ask him one question, or .. really, had one question I wanted to ask and then, snuck a second one in in front 'cause he had just been talking about his Captains project and something had occurred to me :D Either way, I LOVED his talk, and his answers, and even if I've heard people say he was 'dodging' answering question some of the time and instead, just launched into saying what was on his agenda all along, I tend to disagree with that - first of all, the questions must be really hard to hear and understand for the one on stage (overall loudness of the hall, the sound system echoing/ being turned away from him, people talking too quietly or too far from the microphone or too fast, the English accent versus the American/Canadian he's used to, the fact that he's getting on in years and one's hearing tends to decrease in acuity with time) and secondly, he DID seem genuinely interested in answering the questions but as everyone knows, sometimes, while we speak, tangents can distract us without it having been intended that way. I really loved hearing him talk and was more than happy to be allowed and 'interact' by asking him a question. ;) He did not seem arrogant or unfriendly or disinterested or anything people have described him as previously!

Edited by silky_cat

One of the best talks I've been to. Very much enjoyed his more detailed answers.

We are of course there to hear him talk, so the more the better. Really helped that the questions were ace! Anyone who asked one I have to compliment you, great choices that got him going and kept the talk interesting.

Cant wait to see 'The Captains'. I'd heard about it before but hearing him so excited about it and knowing that jazz musician, professor (and sometimes actor) Avery Brooks is doing the music!

Great talk, great guest, great day!

This was the first time I'd heard about 'The Captains', so I'm really excited about it now.

i really enjoyed his talk, especially hearing about his coming projects, cant wait for the captains thing and the aftermarth series

but hated the colour question , was the first one asked aswell, you could see the Shatner was like oh my, thats original. but the questions got better, really enjoyed his boston leagal question and answer as ive not seen that show so knew nothing about it in depth, I know it premise though and seen clips.

Edited by timelord81r

Yes....Bill...talked..with the usual....staccato delivery, pausing when you don't expect him....to... pause...and of course....he managed to mention Star Trek......V. This gained a huge applause....and Bill, paused.....before saying he didn't think the movie...was..."THAT good" !!! He mentioned....that they ran out of budget...and...that...they couldn't afford the CGI for...the rock....creatures...so...no rock creatures!! But not only that....but some of the smoke effects....were created by film crew.....smoking cigarettes !!! Bill concluded...by saying....he learnt a lot about film....production......on the movie.....

See Bill..... in action.... (albeit in still photography) on... the.... following photo link......

http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll47/ra...202010/?start=0

DSCF2741rotate.jpg

• Moderators

People mentioning the Youtube videos etc - this really annoyed me, as some were blatantly sat there with video cameras. If I could've got the attention of crew then I would have, but I couldn't.

I know that's a bit mean of me but in all honesty, I have no time for people who try to ruin it for others. Just like I saw some sitting in Gold Pass seats when they weren't meant to.

People mentioning the Youtube videos etc - this really annoyed me, as some were blatantly sat there with video cameras. If I could've got the attention of crew then I would have, but I couldn't.

With most stills cameras able to take video nowadays, I saw lots of sneakiness going on during the talks.

• Moderators

With most stills cameras able to take video nowadays, I saw lots of sneakiness going on during the talks.

Yes, that does indeed make it trickier, and I realise those are a lot trickier to police .. but I saw at least a couple of actual video cameras :YAHOO:

I know that's a bit mean of me but in all honesty, I have no time for people who try to ruin it for others. Just like I saw some sitting in Gold Pass seats when they weren't meant to.

It's all quite simple....no videoing allowed - that was clearly announced at the beginning of the talk......non-compliance is endemic within our society these days....people flout the rules....like issuing seat tickets with the same numbers on twice :-) . Joking aside..... we're privileged to be able to take stills at least at these things...and we have our memories of what was said during the talks.....

Edited by KirkEnterprise

:D *beams* I am 'the fan' you mention specifically in your report *chuckles* Btw, he did say he was going to try and catch Chris Pine to include him too.

I thought the same when I read the report!!! I mean, that you were that fan :) I just thought about linking it to you but you were quicker.

What an adventure it was...

:D *beams* I am 'the fan' you mention specifically in your report *chuckles* Btw, he did say he was going to try and catch Chris Pine to include him too.

I thought the same when I read the report!!! I mean, that you were that fan :) I just thought about linking it to you but you were quicker.

What an adventure it was...

Wasn't it? :P I'm SO happy to have gone, and don't regret any of the money I spent on the trip. And meeting you gals was certainly amongst the highlights of the trip :D I'm still bouncing with the buzz from the weekend - to have gotten to 'talk to' William Shatner, listen to him, stand next to him and be hugged by him ( :D ) is absolutely, utterly and completely amazing!

Wasn't it? :D I'm SO happy to have gone, and don't regret any of the money I spent on the trip. And meeting you gals was certainly amongst the highlights of the trip :D I'm still bouncing with the buzz from the weekend - to have gotten to 'talk to' William Shatner, listen to him, stand next to him and be hugged by him ( :thumbup: ) is absolutely, utterly and completely amazing!

I couldn't agree more. I'm too still dizzy from all the impressions and it gives me such a big, silly smile each time I remember his smirk, his voice, his presence! I think it was one of the biggest adventures in my life - meeting William Shatner. WOW. I want to have that feeling of extraordinary specialness with me for as long as possible. No regrets from me either.