Sunday - Getting there early enough?

I'm planning on going to LFCC on the Sunday and I'm only going to meet William Shatner and David Nykl. With Shatner being a busy guest I'm wondering what people think the latest recommended time to get there is?

With Sunday travel being quite limited the earliest I can get to the event is 11am, and it will probably actually be 12, possibly later. Is it likely that I'll be able to get a virtual ticket low enough to be able to get to meet him if I arrive at 11 or 12?

Also, does anyone think it likely that there will be any Shatner talk tickets still available by those times?

I would consider gettin an early ticket you never know what might happen, for example as happened before with guests that have got ill over the weekend and decided to call it a day or just the line was massive and people had no chance of meeting the guest so I would consider to get an early bird and get there half an hour before they let you in on early bird.

if there are talk tickets still available you might be in with a good chance, gettng there so late on sunday could be 50/50 WS is a fast que but it will be a big que so who knows.

im not that knowledgeable on autos but i would say with the limited time the Shatner has and his late arrival on sat not helping, that getting a vt that he will get onto is doubtful or at least very risky if you arrive at midday on sunday. IMO

I'm planning on going to LFCC on the Sunday and I'm only going to meet William Shatner and David Nykl. With Shatner being a busy guest I'm wondering what people think the latest recommended time to get there is?

With Sunday travel being quite limited the earliest I can get to the event is 11am, and it will probably actually be 12, possibly later. Is it likely that I'll be able to get a virtual ticket low enough to be able to get to meet him if I arrive at 11 or 12?

Also, does anyone think it likely that there will be any Shatner talk tickets still available by those times?

Shatner does sign pretty fast so you should be OK with a fairly high VT. Having said that, he does have a talk and photo shoot in the afternoon so you should probably aim to get there a bit earlier than 11 if there's anyway that you can. Failing that, do you have any friends going who will be there earlier than you and would be able to pick up a VT (and possibly talk ticket) for you?

12 or later could be cutting it a bit close, especially since Jason said William was aware now that he doesn't have to sign that fast again.

The talk sales have been going quite well also, so chances are that the talk will sell out on Saturday already.

Off topic just a tad, but still mainly on! Does anyone know if the tube runs to Earl's court on Sundays? I'll be getting it from Tower Hill and got Ben Browder's photo shoot at 11ish. I've only ever attended on Saturday in the past so I'm slightly panicky that I won't get there in time... :D

Well, I think now that I should be able to get to London at 10:30 (absolute earliest), but then obviously from Euston to Earls Court will take maybe another 30 mins so I should be there at around 11 I hope.

I remember the queue was long last year, but I arrived early and so had to wait quite some time, does anyone remember how long it takes for it to go down after people are let in? If I get there at 11 should I go to the standard queue or is it possible (and beneficial) to go to the early queue to get in at around the time the first few standards get in?

Off topic just a tad, but still mainly on! Does anyone know if the tube runs to Earl's court on Sundays? I'll be getting it from Tower Hill and got Ben Browder's photo shoot at 11ish. I've only ever attended on Saturday in the past so I'm slightly panicky that I won't get there in time... :D

I hope this works - link to the London Underground Website: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/r...k.aspx?offset=7

Looks like the Circle line will be down, but the District Line which will take you directly to Earls Court from Tower Hill will be running.

I remember the queue was long last year, but I arrived early and so had to wait quite some time, does anyone remember how long it takes for it to go down after people are let in? If I get there at 11 should I go to the standard queue or is it possible (and beneficial) to go to the early queue to get in at around the time the first few standards get in?

Can't speak for Standard, but I'd imagine 5 to 10 minutes. That's if you already have your entry ticket. Do you have one or not? If you have to join the pay on the day line I'd guess it will be closer to ten minutes.

If you arrive after 10, but before 11 and want to spend the money you should be able to walk right in and pay for your Early Bird ticket. There won't be an Early Bird line anymore after 11 AM.

No I don't have an entry ticket yet so will have to buy one on the day. The earliest I'll be able to get to the event is probably around 5 minutes before 11 and I might not be that early so it looks like I probably won't be able to get in the early bird queue. If I did get there just about early enough though, would the extra few minutes make much difference to what VT I get do you think?

Well, usually there is a second rush for VQ tickets once the Standard Tickets do get to go in.

So yes, it will make a difference if you go in earlier than the standard line. How much of a difference and if this difference will matter in the end I can't tell.

William has proved in the past that he can sign quite fast. So I personally don't think there is any need to panic if you can hang around for a while.

My main worry would be the talk, but like I said, technically that could sell out Saturday unfortunately.

My main worry would be the talk, but like I said, technically that could sell out Saturday unfortunately.

I'm not sure if anyone I know is actually going to be getting there before me so not sure if anyone can help me there :D

Edit by QS - sorry, had to remove your request.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

im not that knowledgeable on autos but i would say with the limited time the Shatner has and his late arrival on sat not helping, that getting a vt that he will get onto is doubtful or at least very risky if you arrive at midday on sunday. IMO

Where does it say that he'll arrive late on the Saturday?? I must've missed that...