Talk times and photo ops times

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Russell Tovey not doing an individual photoshoot?....

I answered that a couple of posts above yours. :dance:

So far nothing has been announced. Keep checking back in this topic. If he will be doing one it will be announced in the first post.

Does it really matter? I mean, everyone with ticket is guaranteed a photoshoot. The tickets are being called in increments of 30(-ish?).

Like Rhi has already posted, it doesn't really matter.

Those 30 tickets groups are for the signings, I think TooTall mentioned somewhere that the numbers for the photos would be larger than that - maybe 100, but I am not sure.

But in a way some attendees (me included) are pleased when they get a low number. I know it doesn't have any benefits at all, but I was tickled pink when I found out I had ticket 1 for Ben Browder. ^_^

Yeah, I'm just wondering if for photoshoots, the number really matters in terms of it being 'good' or 'bad' - I mean, you will always be queuing with only a limited amount of people anyway so it's not like there'll be a mad rush and you are better off for having a lower number or anything - or IS there an actual advantage to having a low number on your photoshoot tickets?

Maybe the earlier in the shoot the more likely you might get a genuine smile.

By the time an actor has tried holding a camera smile for the 200th time they're face muscles are gonna be complaining :D

The online store closed last night, so yes, unfortunately you can't order online anymore.

But yes, you can just turn up in the morning and buy on the day. There's two separate lines, just make sure you're in the right one. There'll be signs on the doors.

Heres me with another round of being inquisitive.

Will there be two seperate lines outside of the venue displaying the signs (if so, normally what side is the one I'll need left hand or right I just want to get my bearings right) or is it just one line outside the venue and then when the hordes of fans are finally unleashed and allowed in will the lines be inside the venue?

No, it's two separate lines outside of the building already. One huge line for everyone would be asking for trouble.

In the past the pay on the day line was the one at the right when you were standing in front of the building, and pre-paid was left.

hi all,

this is my first time posting on here, and the first time i'll be going to the comic con, and i have a couple of questions. (i apologise if they sound stupid or have been asked before)

basically me and my girlfriend are going this year for the chance to have a photo with william shatner, we forgot to pre book for a photo, and now obviously missed the chance to guarantee one, so firstly, if we get there early enough, can we buy early tickets on the door? if so what are the queues like first thing in the morning? secondly, what are the chances of us getting photos booked with shatner on the day? we don't mind waiting or getting there super early.

if anyone can help it would be most appreciated. :)

PS we are going on the sunday if this helps

Edited by Captainwow

Hello, and welcome to the forum. :thumbup:

basically me and my girlfriend are going this year for the chance to have a photo with william shatner, we forgot to pre book for a photo, and now obviously missed the chance to guarantee one, so firstly, if we get there early enough, can we buy early tickets on the door?

That isn't a matter of getting there early enough. Early Bird tickets will be sold for the full two hours before standard entry starts.

if so what are the queues like first thing in the morning?

The entrance queues you mean? They can be quite significant. Sunday is the usually more quiet day though, so it should be a little calmer then.

secondly, what are the chances of us getting photos booked with shatner on the day? we don't mind waiting or getting there super early.

Shouldn't be too much of a problem if you get your tickets as soon as possible after you entered the venue.

Do you want an autograph too? If so, walk straight through the hall to get the Virtual Queue tickets which will be handed near his line. Then turn around and walk back to the entrance. The photo tickets will be sold somewhere near the Organisers Booth. If you don't want an autograph you can obviously scratch the first part and line up at the photo sales table directly.

Hello, and welcome to the forum. :thumbup:

basically me and my girlfriend are going this year for the chance to have a photo with william shatner, we forgot to pre book for a photo, and now obviously missed the chance to guarantee one, so firstly, if we get there early enough, can we buy early tickets on the door?

That isn't a matter of getting there early enough. Early Bird tickets will be sold for the full two hours before standard entry starts.

if so what are the queues like first thing in the morning?

The entrance queues you mean? They can be quite significant. Sunday is the usually more quiet day though, so it should be a little calmer then.

secondly, what are the chances of us getting photos booked with shatner on the day? we don't mind waiting or getting there super early.

Shouldn't be too much of a problem if you get your tickets as soon as possible after you entered the venue.

Do you want an autograph too? If so, walk straight through the hall to get the Virtual Queue tickets which will be handed near his line. Then turn around and walk back to the entrance. The photo tickets will be sold somewhere near the Organisers Booth. If you don't want an autograph you can obviously scratch the first part and line up at the photo sales table directly.

thank you :)

we'll probably just get the photograph in all honesty. one more question sorry about the entrance queues. we'll likely be getting there around 9ish, as we have to get there from birmingham, in your opinion do you think this is enough time to get in and get the photos booked? i know nothing is certain but some guidance would be most helpful as we are really excited!

PS we are going on the sunday if this helps

TooTall has mentioned somehwere that the Saturday photoshoots with Shatner are sold out already. Since you are going on Sunday, this might not affect you - aside from the fact that anyone still wanting a photoshoot with Shatner and not having pre-booked so far will be buying the Sunday one as soon as they can get to the sales desk (which means they might sell out during the course of Saturday already). Just thought this might need mentioned.

we'll probably just get the photograph in all honesty. one more question sorry about the entrance queues. we'll likely be getting there around 9ish, as we have to get there from birmingham, in your opinion do you think this is enough time to get in and get the photos booked? i know nothing is certain but some guidance would be most helpful as we are really excited!

I think you should be okay, yes. Most people will go for the VT for autographs first.

TooTall has mentioned somehwere that the Saturday photoshoots with Shatner are sold out already. Since you are going on Sunday, this might not affect you - aside from the fact that anyone still wanting a photoshoot with Shatner and not having pre-booked so far will be buying the Sunday one as soon as they can get to the sales desk (which means they might sell out during the course of Saturday already). Just thought this might need mentioned.

That's changed, Saturday had additional tickets released after the sell out.

That's changed, Saturday had additional tickets released after the sell out.

Oh, aces! :thumbup: I missed that being announced, only read the earlier announcement about it having sold out already :)

hi,correct me if i am wrong but i was informed on here its 3 lines, one for pre-paid ,one for pay on the door and one for gold pass holders.

Yes, there's the Gold Pass line too. But that's quite short and doesn't form until quite close to the entrance time.

So to make it easier I did concentrate on the two main lines that will start forming when you queue early, like 7 AM.

hi,correct me if i am wrong but i was informed on here its 3 lines, one for pre-paid ,one for pay on the door and one for gold pass holders.

Yes, there's the Gold Pass line too. But that's quite short and doesn't form until quite close to the entrance time.

So to make it easier I did concentrate on the two main lines that will start forming when you queue early, like 7 AM.

ok,thanks for the quick reply queen sindel

like 7 AM.

Or even earlier :thumbup:

Wow LOL Seriously? Earlier even than that??!!

Last year I was there around 6 am I think... It was my first event and I was quite nervous about the whole thing ^^ But that was actually a good thing, I was in the first 10 attendees and had the first VQs for each line I wanted, so not too bad for a first event! I was then able to relax for the whole day, having everything I wanted to get! lol

But you can definitely get there later than that, still able to get all the tickets you want, don't worry!

*chuckles* Wow. Well, I might try to get there around 6/6.30am - depending on how well I sleep in the strange bed :thumbup: I'm trying not to go crazy and be there at 2am .. Just doesn't seem like it would be worth it, honestly. I do want to see William Shatner, but don't have to be the person with VT #1 for that :)

Try and get some rest before the con, that's what's most important in the end. You don't wanna be half-sleeping when you get in front of Bill, do you? :thumbup:

Hell noes *chuckles* I can just imagine the photoshoot - with me falling asleep and drooling on his jacket or something insane like that :D