just to let you all know we plan to still have more guests

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*chuckles* DavidB, looks like people aren't listening to you - sorry to have started a trend in this thread ^_^ That's what I was apologizing for earlier - you are right, of course, having the suggestions in a place where SMs can actually easily FIND them makes much more sense than just tossing around random names in a thread they'll never go hunting through when searching for guest suggestions for upcoming events.

• Moderators

*chuckles* DavidB, looks like people aren't listening to you - sorry to have started a trend in this thread :( That's what I was apologizing for earlier - you are right, of course, having the suggestions in a place where SMs can actually easily FIND them makes much more sense than just tossing around random names in a thread they'll never go hunting through when searching for guest suggestions for upcoming events.

:( nope, this always happens .. even in guest announcements, people just end up doing "nice guest, but can we have ...!" .. they're all request mad ^_^ lol

*chuckles* DavidB, looks like people aren't listening to you - sorry to have started a trend in this thread :( That's what I was apologizing for earlier - you are right, of course, having the suggestions in a place where SMs can actually easily FIND them makes much more sense than just tossing around random names in a thread they'll never go hunting through when searching for guest suggestions for upcoming events.

:( nope, this always happens .. even in guest announcements, people just end up doing "nice guest, but can we have ...!" .. they're all request mad ^_^ lol

people can never have enough of a good thing - it is always a case of "WHO'S NEXT?"

that is why we like these shows so much - we can never really know what or who is going to be announced next - but hey no harm in guessing :(

No one I like. I can't afford it </3 lol

In all seriousness, Jason has said that they already have offers out there to guests, so we probably don't need this turning into a guest suggestions topic :YAHOO:

If you could all use the GS section as well as polls etc, that would be more productive. Thanks.

LOL =[

Any hints of possibles?

go on, go on, go on, you know you want too!

Sadly we've had hints in the past, only to have people let down etc, so it's probably safer if Jason doesn't say anything :YAHOO:

I dont think hints like they were very active in the 80's or she loves to wear black for example are what "have let people down" its there/our perceived interpretation of pre announcements or build up that have caused occasional bother like a guest who was supposedly going to please a wide variety of fans turing out to be some relatively unknown dude from twilight (who then pulled out lol)

• Moderators

I dont think hints like they were very active in the 80's or she loves to wear black for example are what "have let people down" its there/our perceived interpretation of pre announcements or build up that have caused occasional bother like a guest who was supposedly going to please a wide variety of fans turing out to be some relatively unknown dude from twilight (who then pulled out lol)

Regardless of what it specifically is - whether a pre-announcement build up or hints etc - there's ALWAYS people who automatically assume it must be someone fantastic, and then complain after.

I for one can't be bothered with that thanks :YAHOO:

Regardless of what it specifically is - whether a pre-announcement build up or hints etc - there's ALWAYS people who automatically assume it must be someone fantastic, and then complain after.

I for one can't be bothered with that thanks :YAHOO:

although I stand by my point, your proberly right, lets avoid it some ppl on here cant stop being negative and even posting really really bad comments on the actors announcements. I try and avoid posting on threads which dont hold much interest for me especially if none at all, though I couldnt help myself on that twilight one, think that one was a mis judgement for lack of a better word in how it was put across.

personally I hate the pre announcement build up threads but I do like little hints here and there (like what was done reg sports guests yesterday)

Even those hints, if the guest fell through/wasnt who people expected/wanted, would backfire for SM and bring about arguments and dissapointment again.

I think for the time being, Jason knows that saying ANYTHING about upcoming guests is a bit too risky.

Maybe in a few months time when the memories of the last few times have died down.

I wonder how people would react if Showmasters were to put up something like:

"We have offers out to 3 actors, one from (for example) Star Trek, one from Lost and one from insert your favourite show here"

At least that way they are managing peoples expectations to a certain extent, nuh?

But then would you have people on the forum complaining about not putting out offers to a insert your favourite show here actor or "why didn't you ask my favourite actor to come??

Edited by Farqhuarbeedlebum

• Moderators

Inevitably you'd have people complaining yes, plus you'd get loads of people getting carried away and assuming it's the biggest ones from those particular things.

It always happens.

Inevitably you'd have people complaining yes, plus you'd get loads of people getting carried away and assuming it's the biggest ones from those particular things.

It always happens.

So you mean david tennant and brad pitt WONT be attending LFCC this year :wub:

It always happens.

So you mean david tennant and brad pitt WONT be attending LFCC this year :wub:

And you know that that means..... No Brad Pitt.... No.... *Clasps hands to face in a Macauly Culkin way which obviously has never been subjected to overkill* Angelina Jolie. Oh, no, oh wow. Oh that fate has treated me this way.

*Stomps foot and goes to bed thinking about what hes done*